Dixon: Miami and Florida Recruiting Me the Hardest

View as article

Tito Benach

Staff Writer
Premium
2014 Dwyer (Fla.) wide receiver Johnnie Dixon is considered one of the top receiver prospects in Florida for his class. Dixon had a great season this year to prove it along with helping his team to a 9-4 record.

“It was pretty good season, a big improvement from last year. I had 39 catches for 711 yards. I had 9 touchdowns, but three got called back.”

Dixon is one of the more sought after recruits and has been enjoying the recruiting process as of late. He has been speaking with schools such as Florida, Florida State, Miami, and USF.

While Dixon is from a high school that has good connections to the University of Florida, he claims he has high interest in Miami.

“I like their program, it’s a great program and it has a great tradition. I like the campus too because it’s small.”

While the speedy receiver does hold high interest in Miami, he did shed a little light on how Coach McDonald leaving affected him.

“It won’t affect my recruitment. I’m still going to like Miami.”

Dixon is in contact with other Miami coaches including Coach Jethro Franklin.

“I like him he is a nice guy. He tells me how he wants to me to come down there and just ask me how everything is going.”

Dixon currently claims no leader but does admit two schools that have been recruiting him the hardest.

“Florida and Miami, they both have been recruiting me the hardest.”

Dixon has no timetable for a decision but does know what he will look for when deciding.

“I want to see a program and coaches who are going to be there for three to four years.”

Advertisement
Lol @ Florida. Muschode needs to rekanize that this is Golden's territory now, and that he best put on his daddy's shoes if he's gonna come into South Florida and play a man's game.

Before McDonald left, Lane and Dixon were at the very top of our board.

Advertisement
Dwyer has a really talented group of receivers next year with Dixon, Saffold and Stevens. Dixon is a phenomenal athlete, very explosive. Man, it's been almost a decade since we got a Dwyer kid!

Advertisement
Dixon is a good, solid WR. Of course, there is a lot of people in his ear about UF, but it'd be good to have him at Miami. Interesting quote at the end too.

We are going to have some studs at WR for years to come. Coley this year, Lane and Dixon in 2014.

Advertisement
Lol @ Florida. Muschode needs to rekanize that this is Golden's territory now, and that he best put on his daddy's shoes if he's gonna come into South Florida and play a man's game.

Yeah about that, somehow I doubt Golden is overnight going to turn Dwyer from UF's southeastern campus into a UM pipeline.

Yeah about that, somehow I doubt Golden is overnight going to turn Dwyer from UF's southeastern campus into a UM pipeline.

That isnt the plan.

Establishing a Canes presence and being visible in schools like Dwyer where the Canes were absent is the plan.

Advertisement

That isnt the plan.

Establishing a Canes presence and being visible in schools like Dwyer where the Canes were absent is the plan.

Except the thread I quoted and replied to didn't say that.

Advertisement
Back