**** Butkus, Ray Lewis, Lawrence Taylor

Advertisement
Ray Lewis is the best defensive player ever, any position. Not just because of what he did during live action, but equally or moreso because of what he did between live action. He was the best leader and motivator and at MLB led the best defense ever, no disrespect to the ‘85 Bears, who I grew up rooting for.

Ray Lewis was a far better student of the game, and a far better human being, but LT was a freak.

Lewis earned everything he ever got, and I respect the **** out of him for it. He’s the kind of player any young person should look up to.

Taylor was a coked out freak of nature. But he was the best.

He once said his life’s mission was to make quarterbacks blow snot bubbles. That about sums up Lawrence Taylor.

If LT played today he would easily be the best athlete in the league. That dude wasn’t born, he was designed in a lab.

Never been anything like him before or since.
LT is different. I’m talking 79 and earlier. **** Butkus would be very different in today’s light.

Advertisement
If LT played today he would easily be the best athlete in the league. That dude wasn’t born, he was designed in a lab.

Never been anything like him before or since.

If you want to go down that road, then you have put everybody who ever played in the NFL in that discussion. LT was an absolute monster, but easily the best athlete in the league when everybody is in play? Over guys like Bo, Deion, Peppers, Charles Woodson, and Reggie White? Don't think so. And those are just guys on defense,

Before some freak out, pay attention to what I said and how this started. The contention was "best athlete", not just bad man or outstanding player. If the discussion goes that direction, just on the defensive side in the last 50 years or so, the list gets really long. Just off the top of my head - Butkus, H. Long, S. Taylor, Lott, Seau, R. Lewis, C. Bailey, Bruce Smith, E. Reed, J. Lambert, Mel Blount, Randy White, etc..

Plus, if you want to got back further, Deacon Jones was a VERY bad man.

If you want to go down that road, then you have put everybody who ever played in the NFL in that discussion. LT was an absolute monster, but easily the best athlete in the league when everybody is in play? Over guys like Bo, Deion, Peppers, Charles Woodson, and Reggie White? Don't think so. And those are just guys on defense,

Before some freak out, pay attention to what I said and how this started. The contention was "best athlete", not just bad man or outstanding player. If the discussion goes that direction, just on the defensive side in the last 50 years or so, the list gets really long. Just off the top of my head - Butkus, H. Long, S. Taylor, Lott, Seau, R. Lewis, C. Bailey, Bruce Smith, E. Reed, J. Lambert, Mel Blount, Randy White, etc..

Plus, if you want to got back further, Deacon Jones was a VERY bad man.

Lawrence. Taylor.

Last edited:
Advertisement
LT is different. I’m talking 79 and earlier. **** Butkus would be very different in today’s light.

You have absolutely no idea if that is true or not. Have him grow up in a modern defense. Eating modern diets. Taking modern supplements. Training using modern equipment and he may have been a very different player.

Ray Lewis was a far better student of the game, and a far better human being, but LT was a freak.

Lewis earned everything he ever got, and I respect the **** out of him for it. He’s the kind of player any young person should look up to.

He once said his life’s mission was to make quarterbacks blow snot bubbles.
That about sums up Lawrence Taylor.

Yes I agree that of ALL LB's Lawrence Taylor was simply the best ever.

He made QB's blow so many snot bubbles you'd think you were at Seaworld

IMO the best three LB's ever at their respective positions were L. Taylor OLB, Ray Lewis MLB and D. Thomas or Ted Hendricks OLB.

Now if you're talking only MLB's IMO it was Ray, Butkus, and J. Lambert were the best ever

Advertisement
Two best football players I ever saw, met, play live etc, Lawrence Taylor and Sean Taylor. Anybody other than LT as the GOAT, imo, is nonsensical talk. Granted I'm biased and watched him practice at UNC and my gosh people don't even know. He used to look like the Waterboy in their practices. They actually started using bigger running backs back then just to try to put a body on him. What they found from that was nobody wanted to tackle bigger backs, they had a nice string of backs in that era, LT was a big factor in all that.

Advertisement

He once said his life’s mission was to make quarterbacks blow snot bubbles. That about sums up Lawrence Taylor.

Lest we forget the murder trial.
I can allow he is rehabilitated.

Not entirely true.....Ted Hendricks did what LT did yrs earlier with the Colts....Once Ted went to the Raiders...it was DE 100%....But with the Colts...he'd line up as LBer (with teammate Mike Curtis) and before ball was snapped, would be at DE....
Agree partly but LT was an amazing cover LB and it was why offensive coaches had to do a whole gameplan around his capabilities. That was another reason he revolutionized the position.
Imagine if he didn't have a substance abuse problem.....Good Lord

Advertisement
Back