Desantis on Covid-19

Number1CanesFan

Sophomore
Banned
Being informed is a wonderful thing, my man. I simply said you should consider turning off MSNBC for a little bit.
You didn't answer the questuin and I only watch about an hour anyway. You making assumptions that I'm watching tv all day?

For_The_U

All ACC
Yeah. I'm pro marijuana as well. I was against it for a long time until I saw a documentary about it and the government in th 50's-60's making it out to be a lethsl drug like cocaine just to get an increased law enforcement budget.

Just legalize it and tax it. We'll save billions in the drug money that leaves the US, reduced law enforcement, and new tax revenue.

My whole point earlier is that I'm not one thing or one way. I'm pragmatic.
Reefer Madness was downright lunacy. There has been a new round of quasi-Reefer Madness in the last couple of years as a blow back to the legalization movement. The arguments now make about as much sense as they did back then. We even have a couple Reefer Madness folks here on CIS.

For_The_U

All ACC
You didn't answer the questuin and I only watch about an hour anyway. You making assumptions that I'm watching tv all day?
It was really just a flippant comment, bro. I don't actually think you sit and watch MSNBC all day. I do think MSNBC and CNN have become so blatantly partisan that they are no different than Fox News on the other side, however. And I absolutely believe both of those (CNN/MSNBC and Fox News on the other side) have daily internal discussions about how their programming that evening may impact the November election.

tcgrad1014

All-ACC
Reefer Madness was downright lunacy. There has been a new round of quasi-Reefer Madness in the last couple of years as a blow back to the legalization movement. The arguments now make about as much sense as they did back then. We even have a couple Reefer Madness folks here on CIS.
We have a couple Corona Madness folks here as well.

duke4heisman

Pro style, bro.
Yeah. I'm pro marijuana as well. I was against it for a long time until I saw a documentary about the government in th 50's-60's making it out to be a lethal drug like cocaine just to get an increased law enforcement budget.

Just legalize it and tax it. We'll save billions in the drug money that leaves the US, reduced law enforcement, and new tax revenue.

My whole point earlier is that I'm not one thing or one way. I'm pragmatic.
That schedule 1 goes back to racist roots as well. It is a miracle medical drug, completely natural from the earth.

Number1CanesFan

Sophomore
Banned
Well, that's going to happen when you have prohibition like we did with alcohol. I'm ok with legalization as long as there is zero advertising.

Let's keep it real. Cigarettes kill and ruin more people than marijuana ever could. Knowing what we know about cigarettes, I can't understand why we don't ban companies from putting addictive drugs and chemicals in the tobacco. It's just a legal way to hook people on a drug where the distribution method (smoking) kills people.

I don't smoke marijuana. I just think keeping it illegal doesn't make sense.

duke4heisman

Pro style, bro.
Well, that's going to happen when you have prohibition like we did with alcohol. I'm ok with legalization as long as there is zero advertising.

Let's keep it real. Cigarettes kill and ruin more people than marijuana ever could. Knowing what we know about cigarettes, I can't understand why we don't ban companies from putting addictive drugs and chemicals in the tobacco. It's just a legal way to hook people on a drug where the distribution method (smoking) kills people.

Also we now have so many other methods of getting the medicine than smoking. That's your choice but alternatives are vaping, edibles, concentrates, tinctures, patches, pills, lotions, sports rubs, etc

Number1CanesFan

Sophomore
Banned
That schedule 1 goes back to racist roots as well. It is a miracle medical drug, completely natural from the earth.
You're right. In the documentary I watched, it showed that that marijuana was stigmatized as a drug used by criminal black and brown people.

The funny thing is that the documentary showed the government promoting its many uses prior to it becoming an illegal schedule-1 drug. The government confiscated all the pro marijuana/hemp films in the 50's, but the producers of the documentary managed to find some.

For_The_U

All ACC

Respect.

duke4heisman

Pro style, bro.
You're right. In the documentary I watched, it showed that that marijuana was stigmatized as a drug used by criminal black and brown people.

The funny thing is that the documentary showed the government promoting its many uses prior to it becoming an illegal schedule-1 drug. The government confiscated all the pro marijuana/hemp films in the 50's, but the producers of the documentary managed to find some.
Yep they even had posters showing black men raping white women and claimed it was due to marijuana. FFS

1LuvCane

Senior
Morgan and Morgan only put his money up because he has interests in the reefer industry. He is only a run of the mill capitalist. Not a bad thing at all, but No hero of the people.
Trying to keep all the cannabis cash to themselves...

1LuvCane

Senior
Ah, No. No statewide shutdowns whatsoever. We're about to see our Covid-19 cases skyrocket in the next 2-3 weeks. I saw it last night on MSNBC.

We have one of if not the highest elderly populations in the country. Our healthcare system is going to get overwhelmed. The death toll will rise significantly.

People are sucked into what the president is saying. This thing is not over. It's just beginning.
Msnbc? LMAO....
Credibility out the window.

No_Fly_Zone

Sophomore
He is doing a great job for our state. I fell for the Gillum con-job, thank god Desantis won. Probably the last Dem that gets my vote. The party is unrecognizable and Im done race card, social justice group think, big government politics. That fake compassion to advance agenda is killing democratic ideals.
I am still not over the fact we put forth Gillum as the Democrat candidate in that gubernatorial election. Gwen Graham was standing right there... a moderate female candidate with name recognition and experience in the House, and no open corruption investigations into her office (unlike Gillum), and the party went Gillum.

I'm more upset at the pendulum swing left and the fact we can't avoid stepping on our own d!cks to win an election.

JOE'CANE

Junior
I am still not over the fact we put forth Gillum as the Democrat candidate in that gubernatorial election. Gwen Graham was standing right there... a moderate female candidate with name recognition and experience in the House, and no open corruption investigations into her office (unlike Gillum), and the party went Gillum.

I'm more upset at the pendulum swing left and the fact we can't avoid stepping on our own d!cks to win an election.
Its the forced diversity movement and color trumps gender. Same sh1t happened with Clinton, Dems establishment was more concerned with having a woman elected than having a more electable candidate. Eitherway Im on the Trump train, they've lost this vote for awhile. Get a better agenda and platform and maybe ill be back.

JD08

Evidence based and data driven

This goes back to the blue dog purge. Too many candidates with huge appeal to the middle majority never make it past the primary. Now they're not even working their way up the food chain so the future isn't promising either.

I miss Bob Graham.

j06smith

Freshman
IMHO he's handling it as best as possible. His comment yesterday about not being a dictator was spot on. His comment about all the people fleeing NYC when they tried to lock it down is spot on. His handing power to the local governments to make the decisions they see fit for their communities is spot on. Not being sucked into the "we're all going to die if everybody doesn't sit in their house for the next x number of months" thereby killing what's left of the local economy is spot on. His shut down of visitors at nursing homes early was spot on. His telling the most vulnerable citizens in the state to self quarantine (i.e. personal responsibility) is spot on.

I didn't vote for him, but I'm liking what I'm seeing. Plus his wife is hot.
disagree. That's why things will continue to get worse because people who share your opinion of the severity of this virus.

No_Fly_Zone

Sophomore
This goes back to the blue dog purge. Too many candidates with huge appeal to the middle majority never make it past the primary. Now they're not even working their way up the food chain so the future isn't promising either.

I miss Bob Graham.
Yup. Moderates are being squeezed out on both sides. Gwen is/was one of the last Blue Dog's left standing. A shame.