Desantis on Covid-19

tcgrad1014

All-ACC
IMHO he's handling it as best as possible. His comment yesterday about not being a dictator was spot on. His comment about all the people fleeing NYC when they tried to lock it down is spot on. His handing power to the local governments to make the decisions they see fit for their communities is spot on. Not being sucked into the "we're all going to die if everybody doesn't sit in their house for the next x number of months" thereby killing what's left of the local economy is spot on. His shut down of visitors at nursing homes early was spot on. His telling the most vulnerable citizens in the state to self quarantine (i.e. personal responsibility) is spot on.

I didn't vote for him, but I'm liking what I'm seeing. Plus his wife is hot.

MovingZen

#HistoryIsViolent
IMHO he's handling it as best as possible. His comment yesterday about not being a dictator was spot on. His comment about all the people fleeing NYC when they tried to lock it down is spot on. His handing power to the local governments to make the decisions they see fit for their communities is spot on. Not being sucked into the "we're all going to die if everybody doesn't sit in their house for the next x number of months" thereby killing what's left of the local economy is spot on. His shut down of visitors at nursing homes early was spot on. His telling the most vulnerable citizens in the state to self quarantine (i.e. personal responsibility) is spot on.

Kinda disappointed you didn't post a picture. Looked her up, I agree.. she's pretty hot.

duke4heisman

Pro style, bro.
I have liked everything he's done except give in to the draconian wishes of our legislature. I'm a republican but am very pro marijuana and restoration of rights to felons, after completing their sentence.
They are sooooo pissy about that, they made it 10x harder last session to get citizen initiatives on the ballot. This session, they again passed even more restrictions against it.
Thankfully, we have the true people's champ in Morgan and Morgan #forthepeople

JOE'CANE

Junior

He is doing a great job for our state. I fell for the Gillum con-job, thank god Desantis won. Probably the last Dem that gets my vote. The party is unrecognizable and Im done race card, social justice group think, big government politics. That fake compassion to advance agenda is killing democratic ideals.

Number1CanesFan

Sophomore

Ah, No. No statewide shutdowns whatsoever. We're about to see our Covid-19 cases skyrocket in the next 2-3 weeks. I saw it last night on MSNBC.

We have one of if not the highest elderly populations in the country. Our healthcare system is going to get overwhelmed. The death toll will rise significantly.

People are sucked into what the president is saying. This thing is not over. It's just beginning.

duke4heisman

Pro style, bro.
Morgan and Morgan only put his money up because he has interests in the reefer industry. He is only a run of the mill capitalist. Not a bad thing at all, but No hero of the people.
Whatever his reasoning, medical marijuana patients and advocates of $15 minimum wage in Florida have him to thank.
He also just got involved with the recreational marijuana amendment but it was in the 9th inning and the strict new rules made it impossible. They're doing it in '22 again and if it passes, he along with medmen will be the main reason.

Last edited:

For_The_U

All ACC
I saw it last night on MSNBC.
:ibis-roflmao-sm3:

Perhaps cases in our state are going to surge substantially soon - if the recent reports from Oxford and Stanford prove true, it means we have massive levels of cases everywhere in every state but just don't realize it yet - but, brother, you might want to flip the channel off MSNBC for a little bit.

Always Right

Freshman
I think it's funny that the people who are bitching about Desantis are here. A lot are seasonal residents have stayed. Go back to the northeast if Cuomo is knocking it out of the park! There aren't are they? When their life and safety are on the line they stay under his leadership. NY has the most cases, the most deaths, the entire state is locked down, and they are moving the National Guard in. What part of that do you want here? I truly am shocked at the **** Desantis is getting! One thing about what is going on right now that I have noticed, common sense is a fuckin' superpower in this time.

tcgrad1014

All-ACC
Ah, No. No statewide shutdowns whatsoever. We're about to see our Covid-19 cases skyrocket in the next 2-3 weeks. I saw it last night on MSNBC.

We have one of if not the highest elderly populations in the country. Our healthcare system is going to get overwhelmed. The death toll will rise significantly.

People are sucked into what the president is saying. This thing is not over. It's just beginning.
If you saw it last night on msnbc it must be true. I take it all back.

Number1CanesFan

Sophomore
I think it's funny that the people who are bitching about Desantis are here. A lot are seasonal residents have stayed. Go back to the northeast if Cuomo is knocking it out of the park! There aren't are they? When their life and safety are on the line they stay under his leadership. NY has the most cases, the most deaths, the entire state is locked down, and they are moving the National Guard in. What part of that do you want here? I truly am shocked at the **** Desantis is getting! One thing about what is going on right now that I have noticed, common sense is a fuckin' superpower in this time.
Yah dude. We next. We're just following them 2-3 weeks behind on the curve. We may not get it as bad as NY in infections, but I think Florida may have the highest death totals when it's all said and done because we have a very high elderly population.

I hope it doesn't happen, but what I saw last night indicates showed an exponential increase of Florida Covid-19 cases in 2-3 weeks.

Number1CanesFan

Sophomore
I'm pro marijuana legalization. I'm anti $15 minimum wage.
Yeah. I'm pro marijuana as well. I was against it for a long time until I saw a documentary about the government in th 50's-60's making it out to be a lethal drug like cocaine just to get an increased law enforcement budget.

Just legalize it and tax it. We'll save billions in the drug money that leaves the US, reduced law enforcement, and new tax revenue.

My whole point earlier is that I'm not one thing or one way. I'm pragmatic.