Deon Bush overhyped?

Canesbball

Bran
Has nothing to do with him being an Auburn lock but I've been hearing this from a few people lately who follow Columbus football and SoFla football all together. I haven't gotten to check them out but I've heard he's not as good as most say.

Advertisement
The saying I hear from a lot of people is he looks like Tarzan plays like Jane. I think he's a little overrated but I would still take him and see what coaching can do to him.

The Columbus coaches I've talked to don't speak highly of him. I suspect that has a lot to do with his attitude. Some of those dudes are pretty racist, too.

Football-wise, I'd say overhyped as a safety but correctly rated as a corner.

Attachments

• CJHenderson.jpg
    CJHenderson.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 12,728
I heard AJL destroyed him during a game

Attachments

• TheWork.jpg
    TheWork.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 15,849
The saying I hear from a lot of people is he looks like Tarzan plays like Jane. I think he's a little overrated but I would still take him and see what coaching can do to him.

Along the lines of what I've heard too. And yeah D$ I always liked him better at corner.

I've always thought that AJ was the best DB in FL since PJ until Tracy blew up but a lot of AJ's early hype has died down.

Advertisement
He's an A+ athlete.

When you put together SPARQ numbers like this guy has, you will be rated through the roof, even if your ability to play football isn't on that level.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 0
Miami (Fla.) Columbus safety Deon Bush was officially welcomed to the 2012 U.S. Army All-American Bowl on Monday morning during a ceremony at his school. The 6-foot-1, 185-pound defensive back said he isn't able to pick out one shining moment from this morning's festivities.
"It was all amazing," Bush said. "There was nothing that stood out by itself, because it was all amazing. When they inducted me into the game, that was just a special moment.
13.gif
"It was a great honor," Bush added. "It is something I have been looking forward. I have been watching the game since I was younger and it is something that I have always dreamed about being in and playing in. It is kind of like a dream come true for me because a lot of people don't get that kind of opportunity."
For Bush, it isn't simply about a game. It is about representing the men and women who serve the country and are willing to make the ultimate sacrifice.
"I have a lot of cousins in the Army and I have also had other family that has served in wars and in the past," Bush said. "I thought about that today. There are a lot of people that fight for the country. I've lost family members due to war in the past. It is something you think about. They are brave. They commit a real deep sacrifice for all of us."
The Rivals100 prospect hopes to provide those servicemen and servicewomen who are able to attend the game in early January with a top-tier performance. He says he is heading to San Antonio with something to prove.
"I am definitely trying to prove something," Bush said. "I am trying to see where I am at with regards to the next level because there is going to be a lot of talent out there. I am going to have fun with it being an All-American event, but I am there to make a statement also.
"If I see someone doing good in practice, wreaking havoc, that is who I want to go against," Bush added. "I want to prove I can shut down the best."
As a senior, Bush has shown his ability to play cornerback for Columbus. At the next level, he is likely to end up at the safety spot, which he has previously played in his high school career. When he arrives in San Antonio, his position will be determined in practice.
"I don't know which spot I will line up at," Bush said. "I am not sure. I guess it is wherever they decide to put me."
Bush, like many of the other uncommitted prospects participating in the game, intends to make his announcement during the national broadcast on NBC.
"That is what I am planning to do, but things could change," Bush said.
The South Florida prospect has taken official visits to Purdue, Auburn, and Alabama. He is set to take his fourth official visit this weekend.
"I am thinking I am going to take a visit this weekend to FSU," Bush said. "It will be an official."
His fifth visit is between two of his other finalists.
"I will take my final one, but I am not sure where yet," Bush said. "It could be Miami or LSU."
At this time, Bush's list is narrowed to Alabama, Auburn, Florida State, LSU, Miami, and Purdue. He expects that list to be even shorter before he boards his flight bound for San Antonio at the end of the year.
"I haven't narrowed it down any more yet," Bush said. "It should be real soon, after I finish with my officials, with my last visit."
As of today, Bush claims no leader amongst those six but said he knows what he wants in his eventual home.
"Not yet," Bush said. "I just want to find the right team. They are all great schools so I am looking for the right team. I want a team that I can fit into, their system, and make an impact early on in their system. I want a team that is going to develop me to be the best player I can be in the next couple of years. I also want a family atmosphere, a place that I can fit in at."
Bush and the East team take on the West in the 12th annual U.S. Army All-American Bowl on Saturday, Jan. 7, 2012 at the Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas. The game will be nationally televised on NBC.

That pretty much clinches any school but UM. Ah well.

Advertisement
seriously, what are ur thoughts on this cat, LU?

I've long said he's one of my favorite athletes. I keep hearing complaints and concerns about his attitude and mentality. I really don't know him personally or know anyone who does, so I can't say anything about it. All I can say is he is in the top 5 of the best feet to size ratio for DBs I've seen in a few years. He has great balance, a good frame, good speed and just excellent feet. If he's a headcase or a lazy kid, obviously that's another thing altogether. But, physically, I'm a huge fan. I think he's got star potential at Corner or FS (which is the place I'd like him best if he has any football instincts, brain and a leader's mentality).

at this point the only reason miami is on his final list is because he is showing respect to his hometown and probably favorite school. I always thought Bama but here recently I have been hearing alot about Bush and auburn.

Advertisement
That pretty much clinches any school but UM. Ah well.

We certainly haven't any luck on the all-star circuit in years past. What's your take on D. Bush? Seems have labeled him soft and overrated.

Sorry didn't see the above post.

Didn't Ray Ray and Dye announce at one of the allstar games? Or idoes the law only apply to South Florida kids

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back