Demetrius Jackson says he's solid.

Hurricane23

Sophomore
Premium
On Monday afternoon Miami Booker T. Washington DE/LB Demetrius Jackson was wavering on his Cane commitment.

Now?

He's solid.

"I'm committed to Miami," he said. "I'm solid. This is it. I'm done with the recruiting process. This is it.

"I want to stay home, my family to come and see me. All other options are closed."

He spoke with coach Micheal Barrow after saying he didn't consider himself a Cane commitment on Monday afternoon. And Barrow helped convince him to get back on board.

"Taking no other visits, that's my choice," Jackson said. "I thought about it and this is where I want to be, hands down."

Jackson says teammates Chad Thomas and Nigel Bethel "are solid to Miami too," and says he sees a bright future for the Canes.

"They're on the rise, coming back," Jackson said. "I can't wait to get there and get to work."

Jackson says Barrow and Jethro Franklin are taking an in-home visit with him on Tuesday night.

"I'm putting it out there that I'm done with the recruiting process," Jackson said. "Miami is the only school that I'm going to."

He's set up his UM visit for the weekend of Jan. 18.

Advertisement
poor kid.

probably got some bad advice that it would be cool if he created some drama, took some trips, did the hat thing... etc etc

Barrow and Golden let him know his spot may disappear and to stop playing games.

Games are stopped within the day.

lol

Advertisement
I believe it went something like this..

Doorbell rings.

Demetrius Jackson opens the door.

It's Michael Barrow.

He does this.

218.gif

And then tombstones Jackson through a glass coffee table.

Jackson calls Canesport.

Tells them he's shutting down his recruiting and will no longer be taking additional visits.

Advertisement
I hope he sticks with his comments cause boy if he doesn't I don't see it sitting good with us I don't know what to believe but I really want him in this class guys a beast

He realized he would have to go to Arkansas if his scholly got pulled.

Not everyone enjoys the catfish hole.

Advertisement
I believe it went something like this..

Doorbell rings.

Demetrius Jackson opens the door.

It's Michael Barrow.

He does this.

218.gif

And then tombstones Jackson through a glass coffee table.

Jackson calls Canesport.

Tells them he's shutting down his recruiting and will no longer be taking additional visits.

I like it. But I'm thinking Mike showed DT his personal copy of THE HIT on Vanover.

He realized he would have to go to Arkansas if his scholly got pulled.

Not everyone enjoys the catfish hole.

This recruiting **** is similar to the real game in that momentum is such a huge variable. Kid probably just wanted to have fun, but didnt realize the damage he was doing from a momentum aspect. Barrow called him up and probably *****ed him out, about a possible domino affect. Plus the kid has a crazy ceiling and is good at something our defense is very very bad at.

Advertisement
Jackson today after talking with Barrow:

I dont know nothing about no decommitment. OH, I know what happened. See this reporter, he kept saying Demetrius you are going to visit this, school, and you are going to visit that school, and you are decommitted right? And I said, sure..... but it was all lies. Im, Im committed Senator.

Al Golden:

Advertisement
Back