Demetrius Jackson grateful to be a 4-star

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
Six months ago, Demetrius Jackson had not played a snap of football at the high school level. Now, he is a four-star recruit. 247sports released their new rankings today where Jackson was dubbed as a four-star recruit after he was initially not rated at all until June 28th.

“Man, it’s just a blessing. I thank God and I thank the program that I’m at. I thank the U fans for helping me out too,” said Jackson.

Did the two-sport star expect to blow up this quickly?

“Honestly, I can humbly say no. I just wanted to go out there and be there for my team so I didn’t see this coming at all.”

The Booker T. Washington Tornadoes traveled to Las Vegas last week to ear a hard-fought 28-12 victory over Bishop Gorman.

“I knew it would be a tough game. We can’t just blow out everybody. We’ll win every game, but we knew it would be tough. It was at their house in a different environment and atmosphere, but I knew we would pull away at the end.”

Some ‘Canes fans who watched the game have asked about an injury Jackson sustained late in the game.

“It’s a high-ankle sprain, but I’m not too worried about it. I’m just going to rehab every day and the coaches just want me to get right for the playoffs. This is really the only game I’ll miss and it’s an ankle I’ve twisted in basketball before so the coaches just want me to play at 100% and that’s how I feel.”

The Tornadoes will face Miami Northwestern this Saturday night.

“We’re excited since it’s a neighborhood rivalry, but we can’t get caught in the hype and handle business.”

The Miami commit is excited with the season his future school is having, and was especially impressed by the team’s victory last weekend.

“They’re having a wonderful season and I see them as a national title contender. I don’t think anybody can beat them and that Georgia Tech game was a really tough game that they needed. People say the Florida game got them over the hump, but I think the Georgia Tech game got them over the hump and those tough games are the ones you need in order to compete for the national title.”

There has been talk of other school’s coming after Jackson, but he says Miami fans need not worry.

“Arkansas, Louisville, Missouri, and FIU mainly, but I’m a strong commit to UM. I talked to Coach Golden and Coach Franklin and told them I’m still solid to the U. They tell me they see my potential and it’s gonna be scary once I start learning technique and can gain 20 pounds in one summer."

His mother and sister were two of the main people who swayed him to join the football team this spring and they are happy he is going to be a ‘Cane.

“They love the U. They keep nagging me to take them to one of the home games.”

Jackson was a standout on the basketball court before taking the gridiron, but he is seriously considering not playing this season in order to prepare for football at the college level.

“That’s really undecided right now. I’m really leaning towards the ‘no’ because I want to train with my uncle after the season and get my body right.”

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Join us next week at Brickell Irish Pub next week for the CanesInSight Miami-UNC Watch Party! http://www.canesinsight.com/threads/57109-CanesInSight-Miami-UNC-Watch-Party

Last edited:
Advertisement
Great work and the recognition was going to come sooner or later for D. Jackson.

“They’re having a wonderful season and I see them as a national title contender. I don’t think anybody can beat them and that Georgia Tech game was a really tough game that they needed. People say the Florida game got them over the hump, but I think the Georgia Tech game got them over the hump and those tough games are the ones you need in order to compete for the national title.”

Our recruits are starting to sound more like Golden by the day

Might be my favorite recruit for this class. His potential is out of this world. I fear for the lives of opposing QB's once he gets on campus and gets coached up by these guys plus weight room gains. Truly a freak.

Advertisement
I posted this last week, but I really don't think he will redshirt. He's special.

The future at the defensive end position has never looked brighter for Miami.

Advertisement
Good to see Golden go after all these pass rushers. Must of listened to Al Davis and Greg Williams.

"If you cut the snake's head off, the body will die." - Greg Williams
"Quarterback must go down and he must go down hard." - Al Davis

Advertisement
Advertisement
Pete...how does he compare with Matt Thomas? Is he more of a true D-End, or will he be able to play with his hand off the ground as well?

The reason I wanted Matt so bad and like McCord so much is because it is like having a queen on the chess board, and if Jackson can play that role then he might end up the most important recruit in the class.

Pete...how does he compare with Matt Thomas? Is he more of a true D-End, or will he be able to play with his hand off the ground as well?

The reason I wanted Matt so bad and like McCord so much is because it is like having a queen on the chess board, and if Jackson can play that role then he might end up the most important recruit in the class.

He's definitely more of a true DE. He and Thomas will be ridiculous D-Ends for us for the next 3-4 years. Matthew Thomas IS a queen!

Advertisement
Back