Demetrius Jackson & Chad Thomas

Not really much new or mind blowing info but i will update anyway

Demetrius Jackson

-recruiting "experts" was shocked when Arkansas and Miami offered him
-has an explosive first step and can rush the passer with the best of them even teammate Chad Thomas
-2-star ranking likely to change after impresive start
-closing in on 10 sacks in just 4 games
-on his ranking "I know that's something I have to earn," and "I'm focused on the season right now."
-Louisville is after him, usc sends mail & still keeps in contact with Arkansas
-not sure if he wants to take visits
-he is 100-percent to UM and wants the team to keep getting better each game :neonu:

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1552580&PT=4&PR=2

Chad Thomas

-says "Everything is going good," "I'm working to be a good leader and senior for the team."
-attended the Miami-Florida game said he wasn't surprised by the Hurricanes' solid defensive effort
-thoughts on the game "No, they didn't surprise me," replied Thomas. "I talked to (linebacker Denzel) Perryman a lot. He gives me something and I try to give him something, little coaching things. They came out and played hard."
-Alabama, Florida State, Louisville, and LSU are still coming after him
-"I'm locked in with Miami," Thomas said. "I'm going to Louisville to visit my cousin and I have a lot of friends up there. It will probably be during my bye right before the playoffs."
-on visit to fsu & bama "I don't know yet, I'm going to try," "I have to see what's up with my coaches."

Advertisement
2015 3rd down pass rush grouping of Muhammed, McCord(if still here), THomas, and Harris/Jackson:fistbump:

I still cant believe Jackson is still a 2 star! LOL. I cant remember the last time a kid went from a 2 star to a 5 star in one season. But DJ, the way he is playing, has a great shot at it. He should at least be a 4 star when its all said and done.

Advertisement
Can't wait for these two men to suit up with the U on their helmets. Scary good.

I still cant believe Jackson is still a 2 star! LOL. I cant remember the last time a kid went from a 2 star to a 5 star in one season. But DJ, the way he is playing, has a great shot at it. He should at least be a 4 star when its all said and done.

We uised to recruit no stars who ended up playing in college, or the pros, like they should have four or five stars. So many:

Russ Maryland
Geno Torretta
Jimmie Jones
Larry Jones
Darrin Smith
Leon Searcy
Bubba Franks

and more.

Chris Jones last year was a 85 on 247 and was a 100 on NSD, Jackson is 80 on 247 right now, he could jump to something like 87 before the season ends and be a good 95 or more with big performance at an All-American game, if he's invited to one...

Advertisement
two star............ lol now "greatest ever"
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...n-the-rough-recruits-from-the-bcs-era/page/11
1.jpg

Ed Reed will go down as a Hall of Fame safety in the NFL. He was also a tremendous college player for the Miami Hurricanes.

He had 288 tackles, four forced fumbles, an amazing 21 interceptions and 52 passes-defensed in four seasons with Miami. He was an All-American as a junior and senior, and he was named as a freshman All-American by The Sporting News and Football News as well. He started every game as a freshman, according to his Miami bio.

While there is no official ranking readily available, by most accounts Reed was a 2-star recruit when he joined the Miami program in 1998.

He's now one of the most prolific players to ever play the safety position, at both the college and NFL level.

Reed is the ultimate "diamond in the rough" recruit.

Last edited:
Advertisement

We uised to recruit no stars who ended up playing in college, or the pros, like they should have four or five stars. So many:

Russ Maryland
Geno Torretta
Jimmie Jones
Larry Jones
Darrin Smith
Leon Searcy
Bubba Franks

and more.

That was a LONG TIME ago. It's WAY different now. If a kid has talent, eventually he will get his fourth star, sow kids even get bumped to the 5th. Back in the days you're talking about Duke, Amari Cooper, herb probably would've been 2 stars. South Florida is getting substantially more coverage from "recruiting sites". 7 on 7, Nike camps, rivals camps, under amour camps, 247 will be starting something with Nike soon, college camps, etc..... Getting exposure is ALOT easier now. Look at how Travis Rudolph BLEW UP.

two star............ lol now "greatest ever"
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...n-the-rough-recruits-from-the-bcs-era/page/11
1.jpg

Ed Reed will go down as a Hall of Fame safety in the NFL. He was also a tremendous college player for the Miami Hurricanes.

He had 288 tackles, four forced fumbles, an amazing 21 interceptions and 52 passes-defensed in four seasons with Miami. He was an All-American as a junior and senior, and he was named as a freshman All-American by The Sporting News and Football News as well. He started every game as a freshman, according to his Miami bio.

While there is no official ranking readily available, by most accounts Reed was a 2-star recruit when he joined the Miami program in 1998.

He's now one of the most prolific players to ever play the safety position, at both the college and NFL level.

Reed is the ultimate "diamond in the rough" recruit.

Never heard of him.

Advertisement
Back