Dearly Beloved:

TheU1988

It's Not A Lie If You Believe It.
We are gathered today to pay our final tribute of respect to that which was mortal of our deceased loved one and friend, The Streak. To you members of the family who mourn your loss, we especially offer our deep and sincere sympathy. May we share with you the comfort afforded by God's Word for such a time as this:

"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. (John 14:1-3)

Advertisement
R.I.P. You will most certainly be missed! We now bequeath it to those c sucks to the north. Sad day.

Last edited:
The streak has always been a bigger deal to FSU than to us. If that's all they ever have then I will gladly give it to them. On a side note, wow are we bad.

Can't understand the admins' attitude for this program: Only partial scholarships, an over-the-hill coach whose clearly seen better days, and the successor hasn't much going for him other than he a son of one of one of our biggest donors (Nepotism, anyone?). All in a really first class facility. Disgraceful waste. Ron Fraser must be spinning in his grave. Program has been going steadily down hill for years. We'll probably get swept by a bad FSU team. Fitting. They own our *** completely in every sport. At least this will put us out of our misery. Just disgusting and unforgivable. FLY THE DAMNED BANNER!

Or does anyone even care anymore?

Advertisement
Can't understand the admins' attitude for this program: Only partial scholarships, an over-the-hill coach whose clearly seen better days, and the successor hasn't much going for him other than he a son of one of one of our biggest donors (Nepotism, anyone?). All in a really first class facility. Disgraceful waste. Ron Fraser must be spinning in his grave. Program has been going steadily down hill for years. We'll probably get swept by a bad FSU team. Fitting. They own our *** completely in every sport. At least this will put us out of our misery. Just disgusting and unforgivable. FLY THE DAMNED BANNER!

Or does anyone even care anymore?

Hope CMR and Coach L can keep up the good work they've been doing. Otherwise we look like some bad mid major.

Advertisement
The streak has always been a bigger deal to FSU than to us.

Please. The streak is one of the crown jewel achievements of our athletic department and we have promoted it every chance we get.

Even if its all they have, I will NEVER feel good about them having that to brag about! Thats such a tremendous accomplishment and something that we hung our hat on for a long time, as evidenced by the fact we plastered it across the dugout for all to see.

Advertisement

Please. The streak is one of the crown jewel achievements of our athletic department and we have promoted it every chance we get.

And rightfully so, I explain the streak to people that know nothing of college baseball and it carries weight. All the worse that it will be undone by apathy and the incompetence of a coach way past his prime.

Sadly,but probably justly, I think, in the minds of the few aficionados that follow the program, the negative of ending the streak, as well as our slow fade into mediocrity, will ultimate and lastingly outweigh the positives of Morris' tenure. Outside of his painful adherence to outdated strategy, the end of the streak will forever poison his legacy.

And rightfully so, I explain the streak to people that know nothing of college baseball and it carries weight. All the worse that it will be undone by apathy and the incompetence of a coach way past his prime.

Sadly,but probably justly, I think, in the minds of the few aficionados that follow the program, the negative of ending the streak, as well as our slow fade into mediocrity, will ultimate and lastingly outweigh the positives of Morris' tenure. Outside of his painful adherence to outdated strategy, the end of the streak will forever poison his legacy.

This right here. It already has for me.

You guys are absolutely crazy if you hang your hat on that streak. So does that mean if it ends that FSU has something to "brag" about? They haven't even won a title! But hey they have a postseason appearance streak! I will take a program like Texas who has 6 national titles and a longest streak of 18. Yes it's nice to make the postseason but like i said, if that is all FSU ever gets to have then they can have it! I will take that trade.

Advertisement
Can't understand the admins' attitude for this program: Only partial scholarships....

Everyone in D1 gives only partial scholarships.
And we charge these kids a bucketload for tuition. Makes perfect sense.

So you want to give athletes a discount? Do you realize how illegal and retarded that is?

Of course we can't give them less tuition than other students. Therein lies the problem. However, I wonder how schools like Vanderbilt and Stanford handle this problem. They're as expensive (or more so) than Miami, but Vandy has had some very good teams recently.

Of course we can't give them less tuition than other students. Therein lies the problem. However, I wonder how schools like Vanderbilt and Stanford handle this problem. They're as expensive (or more so) than Miami, but Vandy has had some very good teams recently.

Vanderbilt has great coaching, end of story.

You guys are absolutely crazy if you hang your hat on that streak. So does that mean if it ends that FSU has something to "brag" about? They haven't even won a title! But hey they have a postseason appearance streak! I will take a program like Texas who has 6 national titles and a longest streak of 18. Yes it's nice to make the postseason but like i said, if that is all FSU ever gets to have then they can have it! I will take that trade.

The streak is one of the greatest achievements in collegiate sports history. Dismissing it as though it's not a big deal to us anymore is something a Gator fan would say.

What's funny, though, is that you claim that you would rather win championships. We haven't sniffed a title in 17 years AND we are no longer a lock to make the post-season. So I'm not sure exactly what you're excited about at this point in our program's history.

Advertisement
Back