Deajaun McDougle Talks Being the Next Deerfield Great and His Recruitment

View as article

Cory Grimes

Freshman
Premium
Deajaun McDougle is one of the top pass catchers in a loaded crop of 2020 WRs in South Florida and could be the next in line of the impressive lineage receivers out of Deerfield Beach. McDougle had a solid showing at the Under Armour Camp on Friday. I caught up with him after the camp here’s what he had to say.

How does it feel to potentially be the next great wideout out of Deerfield Beach following in the foot steps of guys like Jerry Jeudy and Riley Ridley?

“Man, it’s awesome being compared to those guys. It feels great. All I want to do is compete, and I love to win. I am just looking forward to next season.”

Do you have any contact with those guys (Jeudy and Ridley)?

“Yeah I talk to Jeudy. I talk to Ridley. I contact them all. They give me some things to work on and just knowledge of the game and stuff like that.”

Would you rather route somebody up or go up and snag on their head?

“I’m going route their *** up. You know I let my feet do the talking.”

Jerry Jeudy and Calvin Ridley, brother of Riley, are known for their ability to create separation by getting in and out of breaks at a ridiculous pace. Watching McDougle run routes. He can do a lot of those same things. There must be something in the water at Deerfield Beach that causes their wideouts to put opposing DB’s on skates.

Where are you at right now in the recruiting process?

“Man, long hard process I’ll tell you that, but I haven’t narrowed anything down yet. I’m looking forward to it all though. I am going to take my time with the process.”

What’s your relationship like with Manny Diaz and the Miami coaching staff?

“I just actually talked to em’ yesterday, and I am going down there today. It’s a new staff, new receiver coach so hopefully I can talk to him (Stubblefield) and get to know him. I only talked to him once, so I’d like to get to know him a little bit more.”

Deajaun headed straight from the UA camp to catch Miami’s junior day on Sunday. Even though the list for South Florida wideouts is so deep this year, McDougle’s name must be right around the top. I personally peg him as the top route runner in South Florida. He has elite quickness and a variety of releases off the line which allow him to kill man coverage. He also showed on Sunday during the 7 on 7 session, that he is great at finding soft spots in the zone. Deajaun is one of top prospects at slot receiver in the whole country and holds offers from Oklahoma, Alabama, FSU and Florida to name a few. McDougle said he wants to be more of a leader for Deerfield in his final season, and he’s poised to have a big offseason in the camp circuit.

Last edited:
Advertisement
New to recruiting so not sure about Deerfield but sounds like an Alabama feeder school if there is one in South Florida with the likes of Jeudy and Ridley both of whom attended the evil empire 😂. I would love for this kid to show he’s different and wants to go his own route but I’m sure with those two in his ear plus the Bama coaching staff that he’s already wrapped up, signed, and delivered to the Crimson Tide.

Advertisement
New to recruiting so not sure about Deerfield but sounds like an Alabama feeder school if there is one in South Florida with the likes of Jeudy and Ridley both of whom attended the evil empire 😂. I would love for this kid to show he’s different and wants to go his own route but I’m sure with those two in his ear plus the Bama coaching staff that he’s already wrapped up, signed, and delivered to the Crimson Tide.
They’re an “anybody but UM” feeder school.

Advertisement

Ridley went to Monarch.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back