DE Tim Willaims reportedly offered.

AllbouttheU

King Dingaling
From Lousiana as well. Here's an article on him from a few weeks ago.. Seems like a big Miami fan but as always TIFWIW.

"Good things come to those who wait. That's the case for Baton Rouge University Lab School coach Chad Mahaffey and junior defensive end Tim Williams."

"Williams was a freshman in high school at nearby Glen Oaks, where he recorded 22 sacks, but had to sit his sophomore season after transferring to University Lab School because of the transfer rule in Louisiana."

"As a junior, he recorded 15.5 sacks, and he could be the top recruit from the Bayou State."

"The first thing about Tim is that he's got a great frame," Mahaffey said. "And with that frame he has so much athleticism. This is also an explosive kid with discipline. He really excels rushing the passer and he plays the run so well. He's so strong and can take on and defeat blocks. Tim is just one of those kids that has that knack and is so tough to deal with. Tim has an incredibly bright future ahead of him."

Williams, 6-foot-3 and 225 pounds, thinks it's more than just his size and athleticism.

"I believe I have that mentality," Williams said. "Yeah, I was blessed to have size, speed and athleticism. But there's more to it. I have heart. I am all-in and not afraid of anything or anyone. I am a hungry guy who is just always looking for that quarterback."

Williams looks back at his lost sophomore season as somewhat of a blessing. He knows he missed time on the field, but he also insists that it give him a chance to reflect on the game and what it really means to him.

"It was frustrating not playing my sophomore season," Williams said. "Anyone that knows me knows how much I love to play the game of football. I wanted to be out there and play. I wanted to be with my teammates. But that season I learned patience. I learned to be a better team player and support my teammates when I couldn't play. It also gave me a new appreciation for the game of football."

LSU, Alabama, USC, Auburn, Arkansas, Texas A&M and Florida State are just some of the teams that have already extended him scholarship offers.

While many believe it's a slam dunk that Williams will sign with the local Tigers come February, since his high school sits on the LSU campus and he knows so much about coach Les Miles, that isn't exactly the case.

"Actually, my family background is not LSU but Southern University [also in Baton Rouge]," Williams said. "That's what my family knows. For me, though, I do know LSU. I grew up watching the Tigers and I grew up on LSU football. I was always excited when they won and hopeful when they lost. They were also the team that gave me my first offer. I was very excited about that. That's not being ****y. That offer was based off all my hard work and talent. But it's also made me keep LSU on my mind."

However, it wasn't the purple and gold that Williams dreamed of wearing.

"Honestly, I really grew up a Miami fan," Williams said. "That was my dream school. I always loved the U. If I could only get them to recruit me."

LSU doesn't have to worry just about Miami when it comes to Williams' decision. Alabama, which has become LSU's albatross on and off the field, is also in the mix. In fact, Williams is very familiar with coach Nick Saban and his program and has attended only two junior days -- LSU and Alabama.

"Alabama is pretty amazing," Williams said. "I have never really gone outside of Louisiana before, but I have been there. I had a chance to sit down with all those coaches there, and they were very determined to get to know me as a human being. That was significant for me."

While LSU, Alabama and Miami are certainly on the mind of Williams, there are others as well. Teams like Texas, Georgia, USC, FSU, Cal and South Carolina could all get visits from him in the coming weeks and months.

"I am planning on going to spring games at USC and FSU," Williams said. "When I go to see Southern Cal, I may travel up to see Cal. Georgia, Miami, Texas and South Carolina are a few other schools I want to check out. I don't know if I want to go to any more junior days. I don't want to go to any more events because I would just rather have more time with the coaches."

Williams may not know his final destination in terms of college, but he does have a great idea of what he's looking for.

"I am pretty open with everything," Williams said. "I want to go to a school that's going to make me a better player on the field and a better person off of it. I am looking to find a family-oriented program that's championship-caliber. I am not looking for a handout. I want to have to go there and earn it and put the work in.

"And I am not going to make a commitment to make a commitment. I am not going to say I am going somewhere and then decommit a little bit later. I know that commitment is a big word and I know exactly what it means."

Advertisement
I want him. Sign him up. This is exactly the type of kid that Golden is looking for. It doesn't hurt that the kid can play either!

Advertisement
Kid is big time, Bama has him pretty high on their board, read on another board that he has a child, so coming to Coral Gables may not be in the picture.

Baton Rouge University Lab School is a pipeline to l$u. Between them and alabama IMO.

"I have never really gone outside of Louisiana before..."
Free trip.

Advertisement
Back