DE Bronson Looking to Finish Strong

View as article

Tito Benach

Staff Writer
Premium
2014 Delray Beach (Fla.) defensive end Kevin Bronson is looking to end his senior year on a good mark and has been working with his team this summer to get better.

“We are coming in at four o’clock every day. mondays, wednesdays and friday’s we are lifting and on tuesday’s we are doing conditioning.”

Bronson is always working on his craft as he is continuously looking to get better.

“Getting even more quicker off the ball and my pass rush. My technique is something thats important too.”

While the 6’3 233 pound rusher is looking to help his team make a deep playoff run. Their is one date he is circling on the schedule for next year.

“Glades Day, because every year they beat us and this is going to be my senior year and I want to go out winning and on top.”

Bronson has been hearing from multiple schools such as Rutgers, Miami, and Arkansas and seems to be enjoying the recruiting process.

“It’s going alright, it gets tiring with all the mail and stuff they send you. I probably get three phone calls a day from coaches.”

The Delray Beach product currently has no leaders but is very interested in the hometown team.

“I like them because they put a lot of players in the league and it’s really close to home.”

The Hurricanes are recruiting Bronson as a standup edge rusher who can also see some time with his hand on the ground blitzing the passer.

“They’re recruiting me as a standup outside linebacker D-end kind of but I’ll still gonna play with my hand on the ground.”

Bronson is in constant contact with the Miami coaches and has built a bond with the defensive line coach.

“I mostly speak with coach (Jethro) Franklin, the D-line coach. He is a good coach, he is honest with me, very straight forward with me. He tells ‘we really need you’ and that ‘there is a chance you can play early’.”

The other school competing with Miami is Rutgers. The Knights have drawn interest in Bronson and he likes the staff up in New Jersey.

“It’s a place where they keep it honest with me and they tell me I can be the man up there. I like their defense too, they do a lot of stunts and thats what I do with my quickness.”

Bronson currently has no timetable for a decision but will be looking for a place with a “family feel”

“I want them to provide me with a great tutor who can help me in the classroom and somewhere where I feel a family atmosphere and a football atmosphere.”

Last edited:
Advertisement
sounds like Miami is the best fit for the young man. He wants a family atmosphere?welcome to Miami. He wants a great tutor? great academics?welcome to Miami. He wants to feel like he's at home with a family atmosphere? welcome to Miami.

" is looking to end his senior year off on a good mark" Seriously, Tito. You wrote that? C'mon, man.

" is looking to end his senior year off on a good mark" Seriously, Tito. You wrote that? C'mon, man.

67.jpg

Glades Day head coach abruptly left to coach his alma mater Clewiston. A lot of people say because Kelvin Taylor left. I don't see them being the power house they were

Advertisement
Glades Day head coach abruptly left to coach his alma mater Clewiston. A lot of people say because Kelvin Taylor left. I don't see them being the power house they were

Glades Day has been a powerhouse for nearly 30 years , I don't think losing 1 coach will make a big difference in the long run .

side note : Glades Day has the worst visitor section in Florida especially in Sept. , its usually hot humid and the mosquitoes swarm in the millions , mosquito repellent only ****es them off .

Just wondering for future refrence, what is wrong with that sentence?

You typically start something off. You don't end something off.

You may end off somewhere or with something, however.

It may just be awkward phrasing, and not technically incorrect.

this

and the english language is an abomination anyway

Advertisement

It is both awkward and technically incorrect.

Out of interest, how many of you guys would be put off by the recruiting process?

Three phone calls a day from coaches?! All that twitter interaction from rabid fans. Tons of mail.

I'd commit early just to end the process.

Out of interest, how many of you guys would be put off by the recruiting process?

Three phone calls a day from coaches?! All that twitter interaction from rabid fans. Tons of mail.

I'd commit early just to end the process.

have thought about this before. i would hate the constant bother. i would choose miami as soon as i could and be done.

Advertisement
"The Delray Beach prospect currently has no leaders but is interested in the hometown team."

Sounds good, unless you read this article from July 1st

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2013/07/post_33.html

*Some noteable quotes:

- "Rutgers is doing good," said the 6-3, 245 pound Bronson. "They are still my leader, they are still up there. The coaches, they keep it honest with me. They run a good system and I like the system that they run."

-
When asked which other team he favors besides Rutgers, Bronson didn't' quite have an answer; an indication that the Scarlet Knights are in a solid position.

"I know Rutgers, and... , and... I don't know," he said. "I know Rutgers is up there, and I don't even know if I have another school."

- But for reasons Bronson appeared reluctant to reveal, the University of Miami has clearly fallen out of Bronson's top spot.

"The Miami visit was really nice. I wouldn't say anything really pushed them down," he said. "I'm just saying Rutgers is that much higher up there for me."

Bronson telling Tito that he has no leaders just doesn't reconcile with the quotes from the article that I linked. It's friggin annoying when recruits speak out of both sides of their mouth's like this. **** gets tiresome ..

"The Delray Beach prospect currently has no leaders but is interested in the hometown team."

Sounds good, unless you read this article from July 1st

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2013/07/post_33.html

*Some noteable quotes:

- "Rutgers is doing good," said the 6-3, 245 pound Bronson. "They are still my leader, they are still up there. The coaches, they keep it honest with me. They run a good system and I like the system that they run."

-
When asked which other team he favors besides Rutgers, Bronson didn't' quite have an answer; an indication that the Scarlet Knights are in a solid position.

"I know Rutgers, and... , and... I don't know," he said. "I know Rutgers is up there, and I don't even know if I have another school."

- But for reasons Bronson appeared reluctant to reveal, the University of Miami has clearly fallen out of Bronson's top spot.

"The Miami visit was really nice. I wouldn't say anything really pushed them down," he said. "I'm just saying Rutgers is that much higher up there for me."

Bronson telling Tito that he has no leaders just doesn't reconcile with the quotes from the article that I linked. It's friggin annoying when recruits speak out of both sides of their mouth's like this. **** gets tiresome ..

He speaks with a forked tongue, yet in the interview he emphasizes the importance of corches being honest with him.

Sounds like the kid is getting advice from the same people that put on the Keith Bryant show. He is trying to boost his recruiting profile, by flirting with a big ten school.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back