DC to Watch For Chris Partridge (Current CO/DC for Kiffin)

Madabs

Sophomore
Was head coach at Paramus Catholic where he won State Championships coaching Jarbil Peppers and Rashan Gary. He was then hired by Harbaugh at Michigan from 2016-2019, there he worked under DJ Durkin and Don Brown. He was linebackers coach, safeties, and special teams. When Bama offered him a job in 2018 he received a big raise. This past year he went to Ole Miss for the same money $625,000 to become Co Defensive Coordinator with only a 2 year contract. He’s a recruiting guru who landed lots of 5 stars at Michigan. He’s only been at P5 schools and has made big moves in a short period of time being only 40 yrs old.

Recruiting List

Last edited:
Advertisement
For the rankings guys.... the list that Banda is 62nd and sucks as a recruiter....

Partridge is 95th...

The Ole Miss defense has been getting torched this year.

I want an experienced, independent-minded DC if Manny cans Baker. Bring someone in like Muschamp if you’re serious about winning.

Muschamp will never ever happen because he is “mean” to his players. Manny is too soft and it wouldn’t blend with the Happy land Manny is trying to establish in Coral Gables by coddling players.

Advertisement
For the rankings guys.... the list that Banda is 62nd and sucks as a recruiter....

Partridge is 95th...

Yeah recruiting rankings for coaches is for click bait. There is no way a service can pin point who the coaches are that make the difference in recruiting him. And it doesn’t account bags being dropped and school name and image that sells the recruit.

The Ole Miss defense has been getting torched this year.

I want an experienced, independent-minded DC if Manny cans Baker. Bring someone in like Muschamp if you’re serious about winning.
Bingo. We need a guy that's been there and has shown tangible results in big time football games. Give me Muschamp, Lovie Smith (no question his Bears D was ELITE...Illinois was, well, I mean its Illinois so we can't blame his struggles there), or Charlie Strong. I personally think Strong would EXCEL at UM. But either of these guys would be a homerun hire, similar impact to Lashlee on O.

Advertisement
Yeah recruiting rankings for coaches is for click bait. There is no way a service can pin point who the coaches are that make the difference in recruiting him. And it doesn’t account bags being dropped and school name and image that sells the recruit.
Yep.... I didn’t bring up the original rankings to **** on our coach, but now that they are the CIS reference standard for a few whiners ....

Muschamp will never ever happen because he is “mean” to his players. Manny is too soft and it wouldn’t blend with the Happy land Manny is trying to establish in Coral Gables by coddling players.
I’ve seen lashlee go in tho so hopefully he’ll hire someone like that on D

Was head coach at Paramus Catholic where he won State Championships coaching Jarbil Peppers and Rashan Gary. He was then hired by Harbaugh at Michigan from 2016-2019, there he worked under DJ Durkin and Don Brown. He was linebackers coach, safeties, and special teams. When Bama offered him a job in 2018 he received a big raise. This past year he went to Ole Miss for the same money $625,000 to become Co Defensive Coordinator with only a 2 year contract. He’s a recruiting guru who landed lots of 5 stars at Michigan. He’s only been at P5 schools and has made big moves in a short period of time being only 40 yrs old.

Recruiting List

How about bringing in DJ Durkin to come push some buttons and get in some guys' faces? Or is he too toxic to hire?

Advertisement
Bingo. We need a guy that's been there and has shown tangible results in big time football games. Give me Muschamp, Lovie Smith (no question his Bears D was ELITE...Illinois was, well, I mean its Illinois so we can't blame his struggles there), or Charlie Strong. I personally think Strong would EXCEL at UM. But either of these guys would be a homerun hire, similar impact to Lashlee on O.

I don't think bringing in Muschamp would be an upgrade. He hasn't had a good defense in a long time, maybe since he was the HC at Florida. I'm not who the answer is but I know its not him.

From all accounts Muschamp is a good guy

If a player can’t separate on and off field then god help us

Advertisement

Partridge is 95th...
Well, technically he's 85th. And he's at a lesser University than UM. He still snagged 2 4 Stars and an STA guy, and he will still have his guys drafted higher than Banda's, who by the same rankings isn't even the best recruiter on our defense. He has a body of work that Banda or anyone else on our defensive staff don't come close to comparing to.

I understand the sardonic snarkiness. It's all good. But Banda is no loss. No one on our defensive staff would be. They are all lower tier talents at best who are only in their current positions bc their down with the HC or are alumni.

I'd take Partridge in a quick second as DC.

I am in Columbia....we don't want Muschamp...believe me. Besides, his buyout was huge and there is no way he'd take another job and forfeit that $$$

He wouldn’t be the worst guy in the world, but Manny’s job is likely riding on this. I don’t see him staking his career on a 40 year old who’s never been a full DC.

(Yes I know about Lashlee. Offense is a different animal and a young man’s game.)

Advertisement
Back