David Thompson...

tsimonitis

Senior
Premium
why not put him on a baseball scholly until he plays in a game and then convert him over to football. Will "save" us a scholly for 1/2 years.

Advertisement
Once a football corch has attempted to recruit, he is on football scholly

Trust me you want this kid to QB here. Kid had the most impressive season of the 3

Not true, once a kid plays a down he is on a football scholly. He can be here on any other sport scholly until he plays in a game.

Not saying I don't want him here. Just think that if he is on a baseball ride and practices for 1/2 without game play that is an additional 2 players to bring in.

Trust me you want this kid to QB here. Kid had the most impressive season of the 3

+1

Not true, once a kid plays a down he is on a football scholly. He can be here on any other sport scholly until he plays in a game.

Not saying I don't want him here. Just think that if he is on a baseball ride and practices for 1/2 without game play that is an additional 2 players to bring in.

Baseball has a limit of 11.7 scholarships per team. Very rarely is a full baseball scholarship used on one single player and most baseball players have to cover the rest of their tuition costs somehow.
Besides, Ringzino is right...in order for him to be baseball-only scholarship at first he has to be recruited by baseball only and be part of the baseball signing class...like Latwan Anderson with track.

Advertisement
This kid would take up a full scholarship for baseball. Makes no sense to do this with limited baseball scholarships

Actually I believe that rule was changed right after Butch did that with Santana Moss, thus the new rule is that if the kid is recruited for football he can not be moved to another sport. This was also the reason why Randy didn't want to even mention Latwan Anderson practicing in the football team and kept saying "He is on the track team I have nothing to comment". Besides, the baseball team only has 11.7 scholarships so that would not help Thompson as most baseball players only get partial schollies, plus he might not want to have to pay for schooling when he can just sign pro baseball.

He also can't have contact with/be recruited by the football coach. This is the reason why Corch Shannon responded to all questions about Latwan Anderson with "He's a track guy". Players from other sports can walk on to the football team, but they can't have been recruited by the football coach before hand or they have to count towards football numbers.

+1

He has already been recruited for football. His scholly counts the second he enrolls. That's why Shannon wouldn't even talk to whatshisface, the safety from Ohio.

Advertisement

Actually I believe that rule was changed right after Butch did that with Santana Moss, thus the new rule is that if the kid is recruited for football he can not be moved to another sport. This was also the reason why Randy didn't want to even mention Latwan Anderson practicing in the football team and kept saying "He is on the track team I have nothing to comment". Besides, the baseball team only has 11.7 scholarships so that would not help Thompson as most baseball players only get partial schollies, plus he might not want to have to pay for schooling when he can just sign pro baseball.

This is correct. The rule was changed to prevent teams from hiding football recruits in other sports.

Butch tried this with Scott Puckett who was a **** of a shot putter and discus thrower. He wanted to bring him in as a track guy, but rule had already changed.

Trust me, Jim Morris would love to have this kid for free. Thompson is projected to be a first round draft pick.

Advertisement

You do realize the level of competition whom Westminster Christian plays against right?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back