Data shows coronavirus can only be controlled if 8 out of 10 stay home

brcane1

Sophomore
I'm not a pro/anti Trump guy.

I am an unashamed defender of the Constitution with the Oath to prove it.

Here is a fundamental flaw in your argument. Our Federal system was made to represent THE STATES as entities and then by relation THE PEOPLE.

The Electoral College was exactly created to protect the Nation from California, New York, Florida, and Texas.

NOW, we can certainly have a debate about should we transition to a popular vote, let's have at it.

In my opinion, popular vote would ultimately prove much worse.

Much worse.
I don't have a problem with the Electoral College, however we do need to find a way to counteract the impact of population growth on the Reapportionment Act of 1929. The relative voting power of the Smallest to Largest state used to be like 1.7:1, but now Wyoming/California is like 3.6/1. That's a recipe for long term issues. We also can't just up and add 1500 house seats.

Empirical Cane

We are what we repeatedly do.
I don't have a problem with the Electoral College, however we do need to find a way to counteract the impact of population growth on the Reapportionment Act of 1929. The relative voting power of the Smallest to Largest state used to be like 1.7:1, but now Wyoming/California is like 3.6/1. That's a recipe for long term issues. We also can't just up and add 1500 house seats.
The electoral college works just fine--as do the ratios.

THE PROBLEM: ratio of functioning grey matter vs non-functioning grey matter in the electorate.

Empirical Cane

I'm not under any illusions of getting to claim the moral high ground here, I gave that up when I chose to enter the fray with a bunch of people that will disregard scientific and professional input reflexively because it could cast doubt on a political leader. The reverence and infallibility ascribed to him is down right unAmerican, and what our forefathers who fought autocracy, fascism, and communism wanted to prevent taking hold here.

So when someone points out you're dumb talking point without engaging in your bad faith discouse, you might reconsider who is being the bytch from Society's point of view.

Br....are you serious?

I mean seriously.

JD08

Evidence based and data driven
He watches the news hourly, like most nut jobs. People like him watch the news like some some fallow sports. No real idea of what's going on but hey, he's got his favorite team
That perfectly describes them!

Go Canes!!

All ACC
I'm not under any illusions of getting to claim the moral high ground here, I gave that up when I chose to enter the fray with a bunch of people that will disregard scientific and professional input reflexively because it could cast doubt on a political leader. The reverence and infallibility ascribed to him is down right unAmerican, and what our forefathers who fought autocracy, fascism, and communism wanted to prevent taking hold here.

So when someone points out you're dumb talking point without engaging in your bad faith discouse, you might reconsider who is being the bytch from Society's point of view.

Empirical Cane

He watches the news hourly, like most nut jobs. People like him watch the news like some some fallow sports. No real idea of what's going on but hey, he's got his favorite team
A strong theory.

Kinda cat who agrees with two wholly different points in the same argument.