Data shows coronavirus can only be controlled if 8 out of 10 stay home

We all know the virus came from China. We had the same opportunity as the rest of the world to get out in front of it. We are a tourist state. This was going to happen if we didn't take action and we didn't. It's should be a surprise if we wind up like NYC or Italy.

I know a lot of my posts may sound morbid to people, but I'm just a realist. I see what's coming.
Newsflash. No western countries are out in front of it

brcane1

Sophomore
[]_[] swag, got something to say?
Not everyone has it in them to confront Trump sycophants. It can be exhausting with all the ad hominem, projecting, gaslighting, general unwillingness to read things without pictures, and reflexive rejection of anything that might snap them out of their disinformation bubble by getting them to think for themselves.

The new silent majority just want a return to normalcy and leadership that shows deference to experts.

JD08

Evidence based and data driven
Not everyone has it in them to confront Trump sycophants. It can be exhausting with all the ad hominem, projecting, gaslighting, general unwillingness to read things without pictures, and reflexive rejection of anything that might snap them out of their disinformation bubble by getting them to think for themselves.

The new silent majority just want a return to normalcy and leadership that shows deference to experts.
Are you calling him a pussy?

Empirical Cane

We are what we repeatedly do.
Had we jumped on a testing regime early instead of claiming it was hoax, we'd have the data we needed to cut through the uncertainty. Unfortunately someone was too busy playing golf and overcharging the secret service, then to lead a coordinated response.

Good article for the Federalist though, I read it earlier today. Also see this one:

The uncertainty is what is causing aggressive responses by these governments, and an apathetic American response contributed heavily to it. The World relies too much on US, but that doesn't change the fact that our government failed its citizens and the world here.

In the past you'd have expected the US to take a global leadership position here in medical research, manufacturing, and response, instead we get Trump, and more people will have died than ever had too.
Curious.

What is your background?

brcane1

Sophomore
Are you calling him a pussy?
No that would divisive, unproductive Ad hominem, certainly what Trump would do, but most people are better than that.

You should respect their decision to properly say stupid things are stupid from a far, you might say they're socially distancing from the #TrumpVirus.

Empirical Cane

Who is new silent majority?

The majority that lives in a majority of the states that elected POTUS 45?

JD08

No that would divisive, unproductive Ad hominem, certainly what Trump would do, but most people are better than that.

You should respect their decision to properly say stupid things are stupid from a far, you might say they're socially distancing from the #TrumpVirus.
Ad hominem like suggesting I'm a Trump sycophant when that's far from the truth?

I find it impossible to respect the decisions of little bytches who hide behind a dumbvote button.

brcane1

Sophomore
Who is new silent majority?

The majority that lives in a majority of the states that elected POTUS 45?
I really enjoy watching Trump supporters contort around his popular vote failings in an election against the most hated major party candidate in history, and one where the Russians were actively manipulating in his favor. The Electoral College composition currently does build in a handicap for conservatives where they only need a plurality, but let's be real Trump has never represented a majority of American's and never will. His brand is that divisiveness, which alone should disqualify from the office, but I digress...

The answer to your question according to the 2018 election results is educated suburbanites and exurbanites, specifically woman. They will decide the election, and are also why conservatives would be running Nikki Haley instead of bum like Trump if they knew what was good for them.

crossover22[]_[]

[]_[] already know!
I really enjoy watching Trump supporters contort around his popular vote failings in an election against the most hated major party candidate in history, and one where the Russians were actively manipulating in his favor. The Electoral College composition currently does build in a handicap for conservatives where they only need a plurality, but let's be real Trump has never represented a majority of American's and never will. His brand is that divisiveness, which alone should disqualify from the office, but I digress...

The answer to your question according to the 2018 election results is educated suburbanites and exurbanites, specifically woman. They will decide the election, and are also why conservatives would be running Nikki Haley instead of bum like Trump if they knew what was good for them.
Popular vote means jack ****.

brcane1

Sophomore
Ad hominem like suggesting I'm a Trump sycophant when that's far from the truth?

I find it impossible to respect the decisions of little bytches who hide behind a dumbvote button.
I'm not under any illusions of getting to claim the moral high ground here, I gave that up when I chose to enter the fray with a bunch of people that will disregard scientific and professional input reflexively because it could cast doubt on a political leader. The reverence and infallibility ascribed to him is down right unAmerican, and what our forefathers who fought autocracy, fascism, and communism wanted to prevent taking hold here.

So when someone points out you're dumb talking point without engaging in your bad faith discouse, you might reconsider who is being the bytch from Society's point of view.

Go Canes!!

All ACC

Lmao.

JD08

I'm not under any illusions of getting to claim the moral high ground here, I gave that up when I chose to enter the fray with a bunch of people that will disregard scientific and professional input reflexively because it could cast doubt on a political leader. The reverence and infallibility ascribed to him is down right unAmerican, and what our forefathers who fought autocracy, fascism, and communism wanted to prevent taking hold here.

So when someone points out you're dumb talking point without engaging in your bad faith discouse, you might reconsider who is being the bytch from Society's point of view.
This is the post that he dumbvoted. I got my temperature average from Accuweather. Australia is in the southern hemisphere and their seasons are reversed. That it a scientific fact beyond question.

It would stand to reason that a country would be more concerned with this outbreak going into cold and flu season than coming out of it. The article you linked is from Australia. It clearly states:
Researchers at the University of Sydney have built what is effectively a simulation of the entire Australian population...
One could safely assume that the climate would factor in given what we know about its prevalence in cooler temperatures relative to warmer areas.

Please tell me what part of anything I said is either political or dumb.

In three months, it will be 88 degrees here every day with an overnight low of 74. I'm sure that will have a greater effect on the spread than staying home.

Remember that Australia is in the southern hemisphere, they're going into cold and flu season whereas we're coming out.

Empirical Cane

I'm not a pro/anti Trump guy.

I am an unashamed defender of the Constitution with the Oath to prove it.

Here is a fundamental flaw in your argument. Our Federal system was made to represent THE STATES as entities and then by relation THE PEOPLE.

The Electoral College was exactly created to protect the Nation from California, New York, Florida, and Texas.

NOW, we can certainly have a debate about should we transition to a popular vote, let's have at it.

In my opinion, popular vote would ultimately prove much worse.

Much worse. Why don't you ask Chucky Schumur how "popular vote" is working out for him in Senate? Liberals lament Trump's judicial picks--know who gave him EVERY SINGLE ONE on a silver platter? Harry "oh my eye!" Reid.

PS. POTUS 45, in bit and pieces, represents far more of the electorate than you are willing to admit.

What I find tragically comical is the "not my President" crowd (mindless) are the loudest "where is our assistance" during this crisis. If he isn't "your" POTUS, then why call upin his Admin in your time of need? Oh how politics makes strange bedfellows.

Last edited: