DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
I'm hearing Olivier Vernon will be joining RayRay in Coral Gables next year.

That was a close call, even with Vernon missing so many games this season. Probably the most talented and important player on defense for 2012.

Edit: Looks like staff got blindsided on this after all.

Advertisement
We could actually have a pass rush next season, young corners are going to need all the help they can get.

Now if Porter can just stay healthy... Young linebackers are going to need all the help they can get staying clean next season.

Advertisement
Glad to hear Vernon is coming back. Can we expect see him in some hybrd role as an OLB in a 3-4 look more next season?

Biggest news. I was wishing him and Streeter would show up but I'll pick the defensive player if I only had one option.

Vernon is a potential AA next year. Yea, I said it!

Gigantic news. In addition to him being our only real + pass rusher (yes, yes... he needs to prove it, I know), it might give AO more flexibility to hang around inside.

Advertisement
him, Lamar, and Streeter are guys who I wouldn't have blamed for leaving, but that I would have always felt that I didn't get to see them in a feature role long enough at UM. I am glad he will be back to root for next year.

Great news...I had heard as recently as last week he was leaning going pro.

Anything new on B-Wash? Let's hope Golden was able to convince him to stay.

Advertisement
Great news especially in regards to Vernon. Ray Ray, well, hopefully the light finally comes on for him.

Here's what I'd do if I were Jethro Franklin:

DT:

Porter
Smith
Ojomo
Pierre
Luther
King

DE:

Vernon
Chickillo
Grimble
Williams
Green
Alexis

Advertisement
Here's what I'd do if I were Jethro Franklin:

DT:

Porter
Smith
Ojomo
Pierre
Luther
King

DE:

Vernon
Chickillo
Grimble
Williams
Green
Alexis

Gonna be another year praying for no injuries. Like our top 3 guys at DT and our top 2 at DE.... past that, bunch of JAGs. If we could get another impact JUCO guy at either DT or DE we could swing Ojomo opposite him and shore everything up. Really need Luther Robinson to step up.

DT: Porter, Smith, Ojomo is a good start. Need someone to step up and fill that 4th spot
DE: Vernon and Chick will start. Need 2 guys to become players.

We need to figure out where Grimble plays and have him make a leap next year. Hopefully he can fill the 4th DT spot or 3rd DE spot. Maybe Luther Robinson can step up.

Was Rico able to add weight?

I'm Sure 2 of our Recruits at DE and DT (especially if its Goldman) will contribute immediately and make an impact along that depth chart. I think Hamilton is one..

JC

Advertisement
Back