Aside from the 'good riddance' feeling, is Washington a Top 100 pick? Is Vernon? For as much as we've loved Olivier's skillset and physique, what the **** has he produced? I don't see him helping an NFL squad for 2 to 3 years which typically equates to 4th round.

Am I nuts here?

It's not an optimal long-term financial decision for B-Washington, but it's not horrible either. I can see him getting picked in Round 2ish. He'll move up the draft board as it gets closer to draft day. His transition and sacrifice to LT will be compared with Davin Joseph's at Oklahoma. I think he could have gotten himself a much better long-term deal if he balled out next year, but it's not horrendous.

Vernon's decision is not good. He could have really made himself a good amount of money next year. I have to wonder if he personally didn't think he could fall within the rules and might get suspended (team violation or whatever) next year. More likely, I just think all of these kids had preconceived plans before they even step foot on campus.

Lu, I think the comments from the Streeter/Forston camp earlier in the process this off-season told us a LOT...nothing that those of us following the program for a while couldn't tell you...but, it told us that these boys were out of here ASAP regardless of what they did here. It isn't the first group of players known to simply clock in and clock out during the ShanCoker Country Club Error.

I won't even hate on these players jumping early...go ahead and make that money, regardless of the amount you projectedly lose or make...heck, our program for the most part has been built on guys that strive to make it out of the ghetto and we've had countless guys go early, sometimes too early...the difference I see, the clock punchers have taken over. While the uber talented Michael Irvin's and Jerome Brown's worked their asses off, and the less talented Brett Romberg's and Marty Bibla's of the world equally worked their asses off, not only to be pros, but to be great Hurricanes at the same time.

But this new era of boys...simply put, they don't know how to work. That's not everyone...guys like Damien Berry, Jimmy Graham, amongst others, those boys worked while they were here to be everything they can be, but on the whole...clock punchers. I saw it while I was going to school, saw it during the Shannon regime...its not been an environment conducive to production...the competition aspect amongst players just doesn't exist. If it did, we wouldn't see these players being as complacent as they are.

Final Game in the Orange Bowl...48-0, clock strikes 0:00, confetti rains downs on the Orange Bowl, the crowd that is left, completely deflated, you got people crying in the stands, players walking off the field smiling and yucking it up.

That's these players man...that's them.

Replace crying with ripping up seats and that was me

(***gots took my seats when I left...still got one later though)

Advertisement
Aside from the 'good riddance' feeling, is Washington a Top 100 pick? Is Vernon? For as much as we've loved Olivier's skillset and physique, what the **** has he produced? I don't see him helping an NFL squad for 2 to 3 years which typically equates to 4th round.

Am I nuts here?

It's not an optimal long-term financial decision for B-Washington, but it's not horrible either. I can see him getting picked in Round 2ish. He'll move up the draft board as it gets closer to draft day. His transition and sacrifice to LT will be compared with Davin Joseph's at Oklahoma. I think he could have gotten himself a much better long-term deal if he balled out next year, but it's not horrendous.

Vernon's decision is not good. He could have really made himself a good amount of money next year. I have to wonder if he personally didn't think he could fall within the rules and might get suspended (team violation or whatever) next year. More likely, I just think all of these kids had preconceived plans before they even step foot on campus.

Apparently so, unfortunately winning at NFL-U (I hate this moniker more and more everyday) wasn't one of them.

Only thing I can offer:

Are we losing talent? Yes

How much production are we actually losing?

It was basically assumed all season or preseason that B Wash and Miller would go pro. Streeter emerged with a strong season and surprised everyone. Vernon and Forston have all the talent but have produced as run of the mill type players, showing only flashes from time to time.

Spot on. I suspect that if Orlando Franklin can go in the 2nd round and start, BW must feel he has to be a #1 pick. Still, I would
like to see these guys stay and not leave the program hanging. A minority opinion for all the "take the money and run" crowd, but I
really could give two sh*ts what those people think.

Vernon is a major disappointment to me. He doesn't owe us anything, but to be suspended for 6 games and not feeling one iota of
obligation makes me sick. Good riddance to him as well. I'll pull for him when I watch beginning in 2013. Next year, F him, Streeter and Washington.

To **** with all of those guys. Sick of even hearing about that class at this point.

goodbye. goodluck.

take the money and run, i say.

i would if i was in their shoes.

just don't spend it on dumb ****, like cars, houses, alcohol and hangers-on

Advertisement
goodbye. goodluck.

take the money and run, i say.

i would if i was in their shoes.

just don't spend it on dumb ****, like cars, houses, alcohol and hangers-on

But if you had the chance to make significantly more by waiting one year, you would still take the lesser amount?

If so, you're dumb too.

Do we lose some talent? Yes.

Do we lose some experienced potential? Yes.

Do we lose any consistent production?

*** NO!

It's all good, boys.

Advertisement
Rosenhaus or Shapiro, Who's worse?

wtf?

Rosenhaus is a gift from God for a player. That man goes hard for all of his clients. That man hustles on an unreal level, and will defend them to the death. Did you hear him during the Plaxico fiasco? Plax still didn't do anything wrong lol.

He didn't convince any of these kids to do something they didn't already want to do. But if you're gonna make the jump, there isn't another agent I may want to be by my side than Rosenhaus and his team.

I should have rephrased it. Who's worse for our program? One guy puts us on sanctions, while another guys influences our players to leave early and weakens our team?
Shapiro's damage will be done in due time, Rosenhaus will be a lifer here. Continuously influencing players to leave early. Where's the benefit to the W/L column?

How does Rosenhaus help us win games? He doesn't help us get guys to the NFL. Our program does. He only helps players get contracts. He found a vacuum in the agent market in South Florida and took advantage of it and filled it.

As much as I dislike Shapiro, Rosenhaus is a close 2nd.

I should have rephrased it. Who's worse for our program? One guy puts us on sanctions, while another guys influences our players to leave early and weakens our team?
Shapiro's damage will be done in due time, Rosenhaus will be a lifer here. Continuously influencing players to leave early. Where's the benefit to the W/L column?

How does Rosenhaus help us win games? He doesn't help us get guys to the NFL. Our program does. He only helps players get contracts. He found a vacuum in the agent market in South Florida and took advantage of it and filled it.

As much as I dislike Shapiro, Rosenhaus is a close 2nd.

C. The players we have had here the last ~8 years

Advertisement
You guys are on crack we are ****ed..We lost 3 of our best players..we will have a losing record next season

Advertisement

Am I nuts here?

Lu, I think the comments from the Streeter/Forston camp earlier in the process this off-season told us a LOT...nothing that those of us following the program for a while couldn't tell you...but, it told us that these boys were out of here ASAP regardless of what they did here. It isn't the first group of players known to simply clock in and clock out during the ShanCoker Country Club Error.

I won't even hate on these players jumping early...go ahead and make that money, regardless of the amount you projectedly lose or make...heck, our program for the most part has been built on guys that strive to make it out of the ghetto and we've had countless guys go early, sometimes too early...the difference I see, the clock punchers have taken over. While the uber talented Michael Irvin's and Jerome Brown's worked their asses off, and the less talented Brett Romberg's and Marty Bibla's of the world equally worked their asses off, not only to be pros, but to be great Hurricanes at the same time.

But this new era of boys...simply put, they don't know how to work. That's not everyone...guys like Damien Berry, Jimmy Graham, amongst others, those boys worked while they were here to be everything they can be, but on the whole...clock punchers. I saw it while I was going to school, saw it during the Shannon regime...its not been an environment conducive to production...the competition aspect amongst players just doesn't exist. If it did, we wouldn't see these players being as complacent as they are.

Final Game in the Orange Bowl...48-0, clock strikes 0:00, confetti rains downs on the Orange Bowl, the crowd that is left, completely deflated, you got people crying in the stands, players walking off the field smiling and yucking it up.

That's these players man...that's them. I'll never forget that night...it is a night that became the definition of this team under Shannon and Coker...whenever I think of the Shannon-Coker Miami Hurricanes, that is what I think of, and the memory is more vivid with each passing year.

Well said fam.

I'm hearing Olivier Vernon will be joining RayRay in Coral Gables next year.

That was a close call, even with Vernon missing so many games this season. Probably the most talented and important player on defense for 2012.

Edit: Looks like staff got blindsided on this after all.

Thanks we need Olivier stone next year

Advertisement
Back