Advertisement
As much as I hate UF, I think it's hilarious that they won one and FSU still has not. When it comes to baseball, I hate FSU and Martin 1000 times more. It's killing FSU and I love it.

Advertisement
It's not like no one saw this coming. They have become a perennial CWS team while continuing to push us and FSU around. Meanwhile we somehow manage to miss the tournament despite having 150+ D1-caliber high school seniors in the state every single year.

But we're fine. No decline at all. (As we creep up on the 20-year mark since our last title. Twenty. Years.)

Wish I could say I was surprised, but sometimes you have to make money when you can:

Screen Shot 2017-06-28 at 9.17.37 AM copy.jpg

Advertisement
It's not like no one saw this coming. They have become a perennial CWS team while continuing to push us and FSU around. Meanwhile we somehow manage to miss the tournament despite having 150+ D1-caliber high school seniors in the state every single year.

But we're fine. No decline at all. (As we creep up on the 20-year mark since our last title. Twenty. Years.)

Guys sticking with this are just being stubborn at this point.

I was brought up by being told..."if you don't have anything nice to say..."
Hence the reason i had nothing to say about UM baseball this year.

You think there hasn't been a decline?

In the late 90's and early 2000's the goal was to win the CWS.
In the late 2000's it changed to "I hope we make it to the CWS".
Now it's "maybe we can host a regional".

You think there hasn't been a decline?

In the late 90's and early 2000's the goal was to win the CWS.
In the late 2000's it changed to "I hope we make it to the CWS".
Now it's "maybe we can host a regional".

You misread my post.
There's been a decline, without question.
I wrote that the guys who are sticking with the "we're fine. No decline at all." line are being stubborn.
I had nothing to say this year because UM baseball was mostly horse sheet.
How could a Miami team struggle to get to a .200 BA for most of the season??
This '17 season was over by March 1.
I go back to '79 with this team. This sickens me.

Advertisement
That's really got to **** FSU fans off, I would imagine Martins seat just got a bit warmer.

For some reason The Lord of No Rings has better job security than Bobby Bowden did. Even the guys at d1baseball.com are in the Martin apologist camp. I don't get it. FSU (CA) has more baseball titles than FSU (FL), yet Martin is immune from criticism.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back