2023 Damari Brown - 2023 DB Commits

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ask because I simply don’t know. Up here the catholic schools offer a great education. Then there are the ISL schools (Milton Academy, Belmont Hill, Nobles) are different animals academically as well as financially (55k p/yr). Catholics are roughly 25k.

Is AH on that level (privates). I think Columbus is like a Catholic school in Boston and Ransom is more like a private school (ISL) up here. Just trying to get a feel where AH falls. I have no idea, only searching for some context to all the grads out there.

I am a product of a Boston Catholic School not the privates. Too much scratch for my parents blood.

Your theory is sound.

Choate grad here. Where’s St. Sebastien’s these days? Had a house mate in college from there.

Advertisement
I ask because I simply don’t know. Up here the catholic schools offer a great education. Then there are the ISL schools (Milton Academy, Belmont Hill, Nobles) are different animals academically as well as financially (55k p/yr). Catholics are roughly 25k.

Is AH on that level (privates). I think Columbus is like a Catholic school in Boston and Ransom is more like a private school (ISL) up here. Just trying to get a feel where AH falls. I have no idea, only searching for some context to all the grads out there.

I am a product of a Boston Catholic School not the privates. Too much scratch for my parents blood.

Your theory is sound.
AH rivals Pine Crest in tuition expense…but cost doesn’t always equate to quality. They are the two highest tuitions in Broward. Yes, they have a ton of academic pride. A number of kids go Ivy. But others end up at the usual state schools too (Florida, FSU and even some at Miami). And some at the more expensive lower tier private schools. I couldn’t imagine dropping nearly $40k/kid/year for my kids to end up in a state school (regardless of how difficult Florida has become to get in).

I don’t know if I buy that theory though. I have to imagine that the major athletes going D1 don’t relate much to the “average student”, Dartmouth or not. There are a bunch of kids that think very highly of themselves there, that’s for sure (not in football but other sports). These athletes are not coming from very privileged backgrounds which is why I find it hard to believe that they would feel pressured to “excel” by committing to an it school like some of the regular students.

Keep in mind that in the past we have been asking for kids from AH to make a leap of faith by committing to the U with Al Golden and Manny as our coach. We now have legitimate reasoning for optimism. Winning is contagious. With the momentum that we have built with this immediate swing, perhaps we attract some kid to make that leap of faith.

Last edited:
AH is always gonna AH, but we’ll see if we can overcome that obstacle & break this cycle.

Landing a 4-star CB from AH would be a compounding recruiting win of epic proportions, just based on the fact that we’ve been embarrassed so much on that Battle ground in previous recent classes that getting one is as shocking as landing a high ranked kid from OOS.

Recruiting CB’s at AH for us is practically like a recruiting an OOS prospect from SEC territory, actually we have more success recruiting CB’s from Georgia than we do from American Heritage lol
Another unfortunate "rule of recruiting" that Mario will eliminate!

ResizedP_8556aa34-5bde-422f-91cd-336a37583baa_19344545485276.gif

Choate grad here. Where’s St. Sebastien’s these days? Had a house mate in college from there.
Sebs is a great school. Great athletics and they produce a really well rounded dude. I think you house mate would agree it is not as insane academically as the Bel Hills, Nobles, Milton’s and BB&N’s of the area.

Sebs is where I would send my son if I wanted to drop 60g’s on HS.

Advertisement
Quick follow up to any ISL people on here or Sebs grads. I went to Catholic Memorial and then Avon Old Farms. I loved both places and did alright getting into a pretty good school. That said, They are not Choate or BB&N. I have many friends and kids friends who went to Sebs. They really have a brotherhood over there, it’s cool.

The Catholic schools do a great job up here as do most publics. The privates do a fantastic job as well. I am always cautious I don’t offend people and there schools. Every school is what you make it baby!

Sebs is a great school. Great athletics and they produce a really well rounded dude. I think you house mate would agree it is not as insane academically as the Bel Hills, Nobles, Milton’s and BB&N’s of the area.

Sebs is where I would send my son if I wanted to drop 60g’s on HS.

he was valedictorian at Sebs and a super bright guy. Would probably been top in his class no matter where he went. did very well at yale, and is now a surgeon

his parents were strict catholics, so that's why sebs and not noble & g. of course, he punted all the religious stuff as soon as he got the chance

AH rivals Pine Crest in tuition expense…but cost doesn’t always equate to quality. They are the two highest tuitions in Broward. Yes, they have a ton of academic pride. A number of kids go Ivy. But others end up at the usual state schools too (Florida, FSU and even some at Miami). And some at the more expensive lower tier private schools. I couldn’t imagine dropping nearly $40k/kid/year for my kids to end up in a state school (regardless of how difficult Florida has become to get in).

I don’t know if I buy that theory though. I have to imagine that the major athletes going D1 don’t relate much to the “average student”, Dartmouth or not. There are a bunch of kids that think very highly of themselves there, that’s for sure (not in football but other sports). These athletes are not coming from very privileged backgrounds which is why I find it hard to believe that they would feel pressured to “excel” by committing to an it school like some of the regular students.

Keep in mind that in the past we have been asking for kids from AH to make a leap of faith by committing to the U with Al Golden and Manny as our coach. We now have legitimate reasoning for optimism. Winning is contagious. With the momentum that we have built with this immediate swing, perhaps we attract some kid to make that leap of faith.
It used to be pinecrest then heritage

he was valedictorian at Sebs and a super bright guy. Would probably been top in his class no matter where he went. did very well at yale, and is now a surgeon

his parents were strict catholics, so that's why sebs and not noble & g. of course, he punted all the religious stuff as soon as he got the chance
Sounds like he has his house in order. Sebs is a great spot. Yale is obviously Yale. I have distanced myself from the religion as well. I dig Yales rink, very cool barn to play in when it is full.

Advertisement
It used to be pinecrest then heritage
Still is as far as education and “eliteism”. Pine Crest manages to attract the East Fort Lauderdale crowd more while AH is Davie, Plantation and SW Ranches.

Last edited:
Exactly.. what does he mean "can I get one in TTown?"
He’s talking about collecting a bag from Baga. Mario does not bag up handlers, as proven by fat boy Moe this past cycle, and ole Ricky must know this. If he wants the bag he’s gotta deliver him to Baga or Taint. NIL is for players, not handlers.

Exactly! They are not trying to impress their peers. Go with Saban or go with Golden? Kirby or a novice in Manny? Like why would they sign with bad and inexperienced coaches? Mario is more established and gives reason to stay local but you still have Saban & Kirby; who coached the last national championship, lurking.

Still is as far as education and “eliteism”. Pine Crest manages to attract the East Fort Lauderdale crowd more while AH is Davie, Plantation and SW Ranches.
Mostly this. And then St. Andrews obviously getting northeast Broward, Boca, etc.

I’d personally send my kid to AH among these schools, Pine Crest and St Andrew’s are a bit too much living in their own little worlds.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Does Bama even want him? They probably have CB’s ahead of him.

They got two 5 stars committed at corner nd they just offered Denson. Pretty obvious he backup option for them.

But watch he will go to Ole Miss or another SEC school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back