dallas crawford and rayshawn jenkins

StateOfMiamiU

Freshman
what do you guys expect from both of them this following season. i want to try and see them at every posistion possible. with dallas i'm not sure if he will play both ways but i want to see him at wildcat QB, RB and slot. i'm not sure if he will play any defense i think he's done with that. Rayshawn i want playing both ways. i know i heard something in an interview that he wanted to so thats good. i think this kid is going to be a playmaker. I'm not sure if he is going to redshirt but if he doesn't i defenitely want to see him get some playing time. we really don't have any playmakers on offense so were gonna have to use these kids as much as possible.

how do you guys think they will be used and how much.

Advertisement
I think they stick on O this season. Not sure about DC yet, but RS might break out in a big way. IF the Oline holds up, and with a strong armed QB (SM), and few deep options, the sky is the limit for him if he can keep it going.

It is really really difficult for a kid to master one position if he is trying to learn two, that is why it is so rarely done. Maybe Jenkins is the rare kid that can do it, but I would hate for him to be a mediocre safety AND a mediocre receiver because he tried to do both. Let him find his better position and then, if and only if he masters it, let him take a shot at finding another role on the other side of the ball.

Advertisement
It is really really difficult for a kid to master one position if he is trying to learn two, that is why it is so rarely done. Maybe Jenkins is the rare kid that can do it, but I would hate for him to be a mediocre safety AND a mediocre receiver because he tried to do both. Let him find his better position and then, if and only if he masters it, let him take a shot at finding another role on the other side of the ball.

good point actually.

Killed Jason Geathers development.

Jenkins needs to be a S, we have absolutely nothing there. I mean after this year we have Rodgers and Highsmith (both will be Srs) and that's it. We need to get at a minimum of 2 in the 2013 class and expect at least one of the 2012 CBs to be S.

Wide receiver (Sophomore or younger)
Rashawn Scott
Phillip Dorsett
Dallas Crawford
Malcolm Lewis
Robert Lockhart
Herb Waters
Angelo Jean-Louis
Jontavious Carter
D'Mauri Jones

Safety (Sophomore or younger)
Rayshawn Jenkins

If Jenkins can play safety, he needs to play there. I feel the same way about Lockhart (his S clips are even more impressive than his WR clips, IMO) but that's another thread.

Advertisement
o jenkins my bad i didn't make it clear.

It was the second post that confused me a bit.

Theres a lot of "experts" that arent too high on Jenkins but I am optimistic. Golden has already created a little buzz with some of his evaluations and I always like to see kids like Jenkins that are just football players. Multiple positions and good athletes. Probably going to have to contribute right away at S because of depth which sucks.

Crawford in the slot is Snoop Minnis or Peter Warrick (couldn't come up with a Cane in that slot who couldn't fly)
not the fastest in the 40, but quick and able to find spaces
I love the idea of the ball in his hand, and from all reports, he has looked solid in that role

I always liked Crawford at DB because of his instincts and range, but he's a playmaker and we're sorely lacking in those right now offensively.

Rayshawn Jenkins is essentially a big version of Crawford. He's quick and a natural playmaker but lacks elite speed. I think he's a redshirt candidate but I like his range and ball skills as a deep safety down the road.

Advertisement
Jenkins to safety.

And I won't be surprised to see at least one of the incoming frosh CB prospects eventually move to safety.

Jenkins will not start here.....wherever he plays he will get passed up....next question. Save this post for reference.

Advertisement
If Sean Taylor and DJ Williams didn't play both ways, it tells you how reluctant coaches are to try it. Those two could have done it, and would have helped the team.

Killed Jason Geathers development.

Jenkins needs to be a S, we have absolutely nothing there. I mean after this year we have Rodgers and Highsmith (both will be Srs) and that's it. We need to get at a minimum of 2 in the 2013 class and expect at least one of the 2012 CBs to be S.

No it didn't Jason Geathers just wasn't as good as you were led to beleive. Good physically abiltiy/athletic skills. Just one of those players whose body type was kinda caught between several different positions.

Advertisement
Back