Da Fugg Is Jackson Memorial Doing?

Tad Footeball

1996 Interim Big East Conference Commissioner
The question is are they reporting it to the state DOH? You can report the de-linked results without violating HIPAA. Nobody seemed to ask that in the Twitter feed.

Unless proven otherwise, I’m going to assume that the state is getting the data from JMH and is reporting it in the aggregate
I'd assume* they have to be. This is still a bad look at best. They've already had staff infections in their system there too.

Tad Footeball

1996 Interim Big East Conference Commissioner
I don’t have a problem with it as long as they’re reporting it to the department of health for epidemiological/statistical reasons.
I think you have to side with transparency here though vs questionable lawyerball or just a proclivity to secrecy.

What happens if/when things go to hell? Then they go public late with their stats and start begging for state/federal support via the media because they're overwhelmed?

I think you have to side with transparency here though vs questionable lawyerball or just a proclivity to secrecy.

What happens if/when things go to hell? Then they go public late with their stats and start begging for state/federal support because they're overwhelmed?
Transparency how? I’m just not following. As long as they’re reporting it to the appropriate health authorities they’ve met their requirements.

I don’t see how any further information will change what’s going to happen in the future vis-à-vis the spread of the disease.

Maybe I’m just not sure what information it is you think they can provide to the general public that would be helpful.