D.J. Abnar ATH 2012

USNAVYCANE

All American
Maude
Hurricane commitment Duke Johnson says he'd like his cousin - Tallahassee Lincoln athlete D.J. Abnar to join him as a Cane.

And, if his cousin gets an offer, it appears that will happen.

"I'm hoping to get an offer from Miami," Abnar told CaneSport.com. "One of the Miami coaches came to our last game, which was against Godby, and I'm sending new film to them."

Abnar had 110 rushing yards and 13 receiving yards in that game. He's could play running back, receiver or defensive back at the next level as well as kick/punt returner.

"Miami has always been my favorite college school ever since I was little," Abnar said. "All I can do is hope they offer; if they don't I'll move on. But I'd love to have that offer under my belt.

"If they offer I'd have to talk it over with my parents, but considering Duke is already there and I have a bunch of family in Miami and my family is all Canes fans it would probably be a definite."

Abnar currently lists 15 offers including the likes of Georgia Tech, Illinois and NC State.

"I've been talking to Miami coaches, the offensive coordinator (Jedd Fisch)," Abnar said. "Duke is pushing for me to get the offer, really wants me to get it."

So does he think he'll land the offer?

"I think at the end of the season, once everything is done, I think I will," Abnar said.

So far this season he has 175 carries for over 1,300 yards and 22 touchdowns along with 150 receiving yards. He's playing primarily offense. His team begins the playoffs on Friday.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back