Official Cypress (Texas) Bridgeland TE Reid Mikeska has a Hurricane offer and is a lovely human with a big heart

Advertisement
Tape is filled with things he would be doing here.

Love that he does alot of TE stuff and isnt just a bg wr.

Also watching the tape ...kid plays in stadiums bigger than fau and fiu's what the **** TEXAS football lol

I'd say he is a fit with our te group and more in line with a Mamarelli ..inline TE TYPE.

Him, Riley Williams, and Markway should be priorities. Locally i keep an eye on Adam Moore. Moore is more similar to Brantley though as a 6'2 220 type tE..thhink we need more size there inline

“Big fan of Miami as of right now. I talk to them every day. They feel I can come in and make a difference early and that I'm a great fit for The U,” Mikeska told InsideTheU in a message.

Planning to visit - thinks it will be in April.

Rivals also spoke with him:

“Miami, that’s Tight End U, I’m definitely considering them because of their program history with their tight ends,” Mikeska said. “Coach (Mario) Cristobal is a great coach and coach (Stephen) Field as well.

“I talked with both of them when I got the offer - they said they loved my film, think I’m a great fit there. They said they want me to come be the next great tight end at The U.”

Mikeska adds that he’s “always loved Miami.”

“That’s because I’m a big Greg Olsen and Jeremy Shockey fan,” he says.

Tape is filled with things he would be doing here.

Love that he does alot of TE stuff and isnt just a bg wr.

Also watching the tape ...kid plays in stadiums bigger than fau and fiu's what the **** TEXAS football lol

I'd say he is a fit with our te group and more in line with a Mamarelli ..inline TE TYPE.

Him, Riley Williams, and Markway should be priorities. Locally i keep an eye on Adam Moore. Moore is more similar to Brantley though as a 6'2 220 type tE..thhink we need more size there inline
The berry center in cypress is legit crazy .. looks like a college stadium.. they’re building a new stadium in bridgeland that’ll rival a lot of college atmospheres

Advertisement
Yes sir. I live in Miramesa. Right across from bridge land on fry and west. Berry center is on next corner. Always some good games there.
I frequent there a whole bunch.. atmosphere in that place is crazy.. plus I spend a lot of that on that towne lake boardwalk in my downtime

So are we cooling on the TE from Orlando? The 6'6 kid. Caleb Magee I think his name is...

Advertisement

He’s big bodied sure-handed catcher with really good prototype size & good power blocking.

They play him at H-Back, but he’s without doubt a traditional old school style TE, not really fast or Uber athletic, but is just a locomotive physical player that is good in short area & intermediate route range & is a textbook fit in what our offense will be.

Reminds me of Charlie Kolar.

Northwest H-Town/Jersey Village/Cypress, love the Texas recruiting we’re doing this class.

Bring me moar Tejas TE’s!

natural pass catcher. doesn;t fight the ball, and shows soft hands. which is a MUST if you're going to be a move the chains kind of guy

not great, but good athlete

has a frame that can hold more size

i ilke that he will stick his face into a defenders chest. willing and effort based blocker.

also showed good blocking discipline. bigger guys when they put a hat onto safeties and CB's at the second and third levels often try to crush them on initial contact instead of setting feet, getting in stalking position, and using their hands to establish the right leverage. he does things correctly and pretty well for a HS player.

that they move him around in different positions means he has to be mentally sharp, so it suggests a strong football IQ

he's not the mallory or skinner typer that's 6 ft 6 and runs like a gazelle, but he's a good football player and a fit for the scheme. his best days are probably ahead of him

if you're taking two TE's, he might not be the first, but he'd definitely be the second.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back