Official Cypress (Texas) Bridgeland TE Reid Mikeska has a Hurricane offer and is a lovely human with a big heart

Advertisement
I’m a huge fan of Lafayette Kaiuway & Collins Acheampong.

1000% with you on Acheampong. I just prefer him on other side of the ball cause that’s my personal preference for jumbo athletes but just sign him and figure it out later. Would love him on either side of the ball, another raw huge upside guy.

From Rivals:

UM has put its best effort into recruiting him to this point. A case in point: “I’m in touch with Miami coaches every day, and it’s not just coach Field. It’s coach (Mario) Cristobal – it’s probably five coaches a day I hear from there. Some is recruiting, some is asking how I’m doing, how the fam is doing.

“I definitely get recruited by other places, but I haven’t gotten recruited anywhere else by the likes of Miami. They are recruiting me hardest. That definitely makes an impact, shows they want you, are serious about you.”

His top programs right now are Oklahoma, Miami and UF, where he has OVs scheduled. Also jackson State, where he will unofficially visit later this month and South Carolina.

Mikeska says he wants to make a decision before his season

Maybe I’m just spoiled with the TEs that we have gotten lately, but I am not crazy about this kid. Painful to say, cause he is from Houston lol but he is down the list for me as far as the TEs I have seen us mentioned with. If he is the 2nd guy in a TE class of 2, I’m good with that but wouldn’t be too pumped if he was our GUY. I do like him as a true Y because he is going to end up 6’5+ 250 and will help us move people but I just see an average athlete overall. I know all TE recruits aren’t Arroyo and there are roles for kids like this but just not crazy about the ceiling overall.

Outside of the two prizes everyone wants (Thurman, Williams), I like Kaiuway from the Dallas area & Markus Dixon a ton. The Jackson Carver kid has some serious upside too IMO. He is new to football but the athleticism is clear as day and he makes plays on both sides of the ball.

Just thinking out loud, all moot cause looks like OU for this kid anyway. Now watch him go be a Mackey finalist in 3 years.
If Gattis stays around and even if he doesnt, we will have sets with 3 TEs, one of them atleast will be like a 6th OL. Jumbo guy who can move DEs and LBs. He is not a burner but he can catch. These are the type of guys who end up at Wisky and Standford and in a few years they are getting drafted highly. This guy aint gonna get manhandled and cause the plays to be blown up like Mallory has so far.

Advertisement
Gaby says he’s gonna take off his CB chastity belt and put one in for Reid to UM
Gaby, if you're out there. Read this every morning:
ve-been-hurt-but-ill-be-okay-ive-been-lied-16182165.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Mikeska says UM plans to use him as a do-everything tight end, and that Gattis emphasized how it will be a tight end-heavy offense that regularly uses two and even three tight ends in games.

“The presentation coach Gattis had for how he uses tight ends was really eye-opening,” Mikeska said. “Using two and three tight ends, that was incredible to watch how he uses them.

“They see me being able to block in line and being able to split out and run routes.”

Mikeska said he was hosted by both Will Mallory and Elijah Arroyo

Advertisement
Mikeska says UM plans to use him as a do-everything tight end, and that Gattis emphasized how it will be a tight end-heavy offense that regularly uses two and even three tight ends in games.

“The presentation coach Gattis had for how he uses tight ends was really eye-opening,” Mikeska said. “Using two and three tight ends, that was incredible to watch how he uses them.

“They see me being able to block in line and being able to split out and run routes.”

Mikeska said he was hosted by both Will Mallory and Elijah Arroyo
This was definitely the script for Gattis at Michigan. He loved the TE v LB matchups in the running and passing game.

Advertisement
Back