Official Cypress (Texas) Bridgeland TE Reid Mikeska has a Hurricane offer and is a lovely human with a big heart

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Venables picking on his old school

I've gone back and forth on how I think his head coaching tenure will go, but the one thing that stands out about him is how relentless he is. Guy is go all the time and never content. Enormous drive in his craft and I'm glad he stepped out in his own.

He's got all the things great coaches have, I just wonder why he stayed where he was for so long. Maybe it was family and letting them have the security of staying put as so many coaches hop all over the place. They both were able to play for him there as well.

Oklahoma will be an interesting team to watch. I wouldn't say he's picking on Dabo (never heard anything but a great relationship between them), he's just doing what all coaches should do. Try and get the best players you can, that's the job description.

I've gone back and forth on how I think his head coaching tenure will go, but the one thing that stands out about him is how relentless he is. Guy is go all the time and never content. Enormous drive in his craft and I'm glad he stepped out in his own.

He's got all the things great coaches have, I just wonder why he stayed where he was for so long. Maybe it was family and letting them have the security of staying put as so many coaches hop all over the place. They both were able to play for him there as well.

Oklahoma will be an interesting team to watch. I wouldn't say he's picking on Dabo (never heard anything but a great relationship between them), he's just doing what all coaches should do. Try and get the best players you can, that's the job description.
Reminds u of anyone that coaches the Hurricanes when u mention drive & relentlessness 🤷🏾‍♂️

Maybe I’m just spoiled with the TEs that we have gotten lately, but I am not crazy about this kid. Painful to say, cause he is from Houston lol but he is down the list for me as far as the TEs I have seen us mentioned with. If he is the 2nd guy in a TE class of 2, I’m good with that but wouldn’t be too pumped if he was our GUY. I do like him as a true Y because he is going to end up 6’5+ 250 and will help us move people but I just see an average athlete overall. I know all TE recruits aren’t Arroyo and there are roles for kids like this but just not crazy about the ceiling overall.

Outside of the two prizes everyone wants (Thurman, Williams), I like Kaiuway from the Dallas area & Markus Dixon a ton. The Jackson Carver kid has some serious upside too IMO. He is new to football but the athleticism is clear as day and he makes plays on both sides of the ball.

Just thinking out loud, all moot cause looks like OU for this kid anyway. Now watch him go be a Mackey finalist in 3 years.

Advertisement
Same story with Dabo. After Mikeska got the OU offer he wanted to visit. That's not allowed under Dabo's rules so this wasn't totally unexpected. There's a different tone on their board since last season - not so high and mighty anymore. Many who post there are frustrated with Dabo's refusal to change his approach to recruiting, coaching hires, etc. Even their 247 mods voice their frustration occasionally...

They are openly hoping the threatened NCAA crackdown on NIL happens... The current system doesn't give them any advantages...

NIL is an equalizer as it allows the market to dictate who gets what openly and legally. Before NIL, the NCAA turned its eyes away from certain schools who paid players under the table like the Alabamas, the Clemsons, and the Georgias.

Same story with Dabo. After Mikeska got the OU offer he wanted to visit. That's not allowed under Dabo's rules so this wasn't totally unexpected. There's a different tone on their board since last season - not so high and mighty anymore. Many who post there are frustrated with Dabo's refusal to change his approach to recruiting, coaching hires, etc. Even their 247 mods voice their frustration occasionally...

They are openly hoping the threatened NCAA crackdown on NIL happens... The current system doesn't give them any advantages...
Your last sentence basically means that the Clemson’s of the world, which always have boosters who can come up with a few thousand under the table can’t compete with the UM’s that have boosters who own corporations and can come up with a few hundred thousand over the table. The rules have changed permanently and now they have lost their handshake/gym bag advantage to companies that offer contracts.

Kind of reminds me of Las Vegas. The mob ran Vegas until the corporations moved in. Mob money was long, but it did not compare to MGM money. And eventually the old guard was pushed out.

Advertisement
Venables picking on his old school

1652449613619.png

If Klubnik isn’t the real deal then Clemson is in a world of hurt, Their DL will carry that team to 10+ wins but they will probably all declare for draft after this season.

Advertisement
Back