Current trend for social gatherings

BenicioDelToro

Soldado
Recently, on several occasions I have heard people hosting/attending large gatherings simply just don't care anymore. They are gathering and then just getting tested right away. There is a "Que sera, sera" attitude. Some people have gotten tested already 5 to 7 times after possible exposure, not because of follow up, but just because they attended a party. I've even heard talk of younger people getting tested before and after parties. COVID fatigue is real. Anyone also heard this? Any thoughts or stories?

It's real. I mean come on! It's been 10 months of living an abnormal life. We've gone from hoax to 300K dead, wearing mask, urged to isolate and restricted in our movements. Of course we are fatigued.

90scane

Sophomore
Our county just switched to 100% virtual from 50% in-person the week of Thanksgiving. Now caseloads are sky high and climbing and the board just voted to go back to 100% in-person with an option to stay virtual. This country has never rested well when unemployment is high.

troyskiles

[]_[] Forever
Confused Little Girl GIF

TheEye

Cane Grad!
I really think there has been a disservice in relieving the pressure. People should gather outdoors (particularly here in Fl) and try and distance from each other. Limit gathering size to 10 max. Keep six feet away. Tons of parks, beaches, yard space to do this and with 60 degree weather there really is no excuse.

CaneDawgCrew

Freshman
I really think there has been a disservice in relieving the pressure. People should gather outdoors (particularly here in Fl) and try and distance from each other. Limit gathering size to 10 max. Keep six feet away. Tons of parks, beaches, yard space to do this and with 60 degree weather there really is no excuse.
In my town we instituted a park policy and I think it will benefit the community and people love it. Lots of positive feedback.

Park gatherings limited 12 people
Prior to entry you must produce your vaccination papers
Prior to entry you must undergo temperature testing and a strip search dependent upon your body type and gender
People in their groups of 12 must stay within the ropes for their group
Within the boundary we marked off spots 6' apart and separated them by plastic shields. A bubble so to speak. It was hard for the hearing impaired with the shields so we attached cans with ropes to speak directly. They were impressed with the technology
If you try to play frisbee...You must squirt the frisbee off with sanitizer prior to throwing it and again prior to catching it.

Penalties for non compliance:
1st offense: $50 fine (those that lost jobs due to Covid and can't pay will be put in camps and work along roadways)
2nd offense: No such thing because generally people loved my plan...just ask me.
3rd offense: Elimination or re-education camps which is elimination but that sounds socially acceptable

We set up a number so residents can turn in their neighbors or family members:
1-800-weareallcommiesnow

On another note...I had a great time New Years in Clearwater hanging out with my Buccaneer friends. It was legal because our mandate didn't extend to that town.

On a serious note...I do wear a mask as a courtesy and out of respect for others. I also try to be safe. If others want to gather it is my choice whether to go or not to go. Don't feel the need for holier than thou people giving advice on what others should or shouldn't do. You don't like it...don't go. I choose to socialize.