Covid update

mirvin88

All-ACC
You can't get a meaningful number until all cases are resolved.
This is true, but it's certainly a positive to trend down consistently at this point. I suspect it drops significantly once the truer number of infected and recovered is determined. There are way more infected and recovered than currently known.

For_The_U

All ACC
What's the news there?
One of the first spots of exponential growth, their numbers are now substantially declining. I'm not exactly sure what the take away is, but it obviously is good news. They were one of the first places to implement a containment zone and prevent large gatherings. They did not restrict movement, however.

For_The_U

All ACC
Seems like the consensus from Stanford is chill the f*ck out.
The two from Stanford believe when all is said and done, coronavirus may have a mortality rate 1/10th that of standard influenza. If proven true, boy, would that be a shocking fact in the face of the narrative re coronavirus and the flu.

crossover22[]_[]

[]_[] already know!
The two from Stanford believe when all is said and done, coronavirus may have a mortality rate 1/10th that of standard influenza. If proven true, boy, would that be a shocking fact in the face of the narrative re coronavirus and the flu.
Here in north Carolina we have 500 cases with 2 deaths announced today.

mirvin88

All-ACC
One of the first spots of exponential growth, their numbers are now substantially declining. I'm not exactly sure what the take away is, but it obviously is good news. They were one of the first places to implement a containment zone and prevent large gatherings. They did not restrict movement, however.
Herd immunity?

For_The_U

All ACC
Herd immunity?
There is no doubt that if the recent positions from Oxford and Stanford prove true, it tells us herd immunity and protecting those at high risk as much as possible are the long term solutions here; that lockdown is not only disproportionately detrimental, but ultimately will prove ineffective at containing the virus.

Of course, who knows. Those two reports are in stark contrast to the Imperial College report.

mirvin88

All-ACC
There is no doubt that if the recent positions from Oxford and Stanford prove true, it tells us herd immunity and protecting those at high risk as much as possible are the long term solutions here; that lockdown is not only disproportionately detrimental, but ultimately will prove ineffective at containing the virus.

Of course, who knows. Those two reports are in stark contrast to the Imperial College report.
I think it's only logical that herd immunity + a vaccine are the only things that'll slow it. Only one of which we can control now....

Isolating + going back to business as usual really isn't going to solve anything. Yeah it'll flat line but then what when everyone is back out? People who were in incubation or asymptomatic are just going to start spreading it again.

tcgrad1014

All-ACC

The Imperial College report is alarmist click bait bull$hit.

(Disclaimer: I hope I'm right)

tcgrad1014

All-ACC
I think it's only logical that herd immunity + a vaccine are the only things that'll slow it. Only one of which we can control now....

Isolating + going back to business as usual really isn't going to solve anything. Yeah it'll flat line but then what when everyone is back out? People who were in incubation or asymptomatic are just going to start spreading it again.
Good point. Are we supposed to shut down the country for 18 months until we have a vaccine? If not, what's the point if it will flare up again as soon as life re-starts?

hydro66

Junior
The government knows exactly were this virus comes from. Let's ask the NSA, CIA and the rest of the intelligence community. Where are they on all this $hit. This is so creepy and of course, it's all classified. They know were it comes from. We are looking in the wrong direction.

Last edited: