Correcting under-reported COVID-19 case numbers (China)

RemainMack

Sophomore
One of the more disturbing things about China is that they have several key people that were on top of this pandemic initially, completely go missing. There is a famous journalist that has totally disappeared over there, and I don’t think he’s the only one. The Chinese government claims they know nothing about his disappearance.
Corrupt. Corrupt. Corrupt. lol at there only being 3000 deaths or so in a country that size when they covered it up for at least 2 (plus more exposure time after it went public pre-lockdown (3 total months at least?)) months and Italy is at 7503 deaths and still growing despite lockdown and in what? One month? I know about the aging population and high proportion of smokers in Italy, too.

China is lying about deaths and have their own specific comorbidity issues (plus resourcing issues to deal with too many cases like everyone else) which have higher fatality rates in themselves and higher rates of going to ICU or being on ventilation. The whistle blowers there disappeared and culturally the government does not want to appear weak to the world.

Coupled with Chinese friends with family all over China saying the number of deaths is far more than reported and they are lying (corrupt government, resource issues to deal with covid 19, comorbidities, (look at Italy's numbers)) and it wouldn't surprise me to add at least another 0 to that numerator.

Corrupt. Corrupt. Corrupt. lol at there only being 3000 deaths or so in a country that size when they covered it up for at least 2 (plus more exposure time after it went public pre-lockdown (3 total months at least?)) months and Italy is at 7503 deaths and still growing despite lockdown and in what? One month? I know about the aging population and high proportion of smokers in Italy, too.

China is lying about deaths and have their own specific comorbidity issues (plus resourcing issues to deal with too many cases like everyone else) which have higher fatality rates in themselves and higher rates of going to ICU or being on ventilation. The whistle blowers there disappeared and culturally the government does not want to appear weak to the world.

Coupled with Chinese friends with family all over China saying the number of deaths is far more than reported and they are lying (corrupt government, resource issues to deal with covid 19, comorbidities, (look at Italy's numbers)) and it wouldn't surprise me to add at least another 0 to that numerator.
I honestly don’t know anybody that actually believes any of the Chinese numbers. Not a single solitary soul. Unless it’s a few people in the media that are being duped