Corey Collier Article (Commits To Florida)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m actually more interested in Collier as a LB
This could be an interesting possibility. He has some good physicality to his game. His backpedal and turn/run would be not good in deep coverage. I think his upside might be that of Romeo Finley at striker, although Romeo is a good bit faster I think.

Would need a lot of weight to get to LB but it might be his best projection.

Advertisement
IDK if this has been posted yet but what if Manny promised Collier a shot at CB ? I know you guys will complain about that 4.8 40 but i think it would be a huge power move. CB1: Marshall, CB2: Collier, CB3: Burns, FS: Kam SS: Williams.......... Thoughts ?
He's a 4.8? Yikes
U can get away with in HS not College

I am open-minded, but he'll have to show me.
Yes could say that about all of them. It's a different game up here. There are no guarantees. Even 5*s have been known to bust.

Yeah I know, I get it. I like my odds better if I'm loaded up with blue chippers. I like it even better, if they've seen it and evaluated them with their own eyes.

Yes could say that about all of them. It's a different game up here. There are no guarantees. Even 5*s have been known to bust.

Yeah I know, I get it. I like my odds better if I'm loaded up with blue chippers. I like it even better, if they've seen it and evaluated them with their own eyes.
There are lots of exceptions, which folks always like to point to, but the analysis over a long period of time is that 5s do better than 4s, who do better than 3s and so on.

Again, plenty of exceptions, esp in the 4s outperforming 5s. Partly because there are so few 5s, it makes the data erratic.

Advertisement
There are lots of exceptions, which folks always like to point to, but the analysis over a long period of time is that 5s do better than 4s, who do better than 3s and so on.

Again, plenty of exceptions, esp in the 4s outperforming 5s. Partly because there are so few 5s, it makes the data erratic.

I agree. I've seen some of the analysis. That's why I added that I liked the odds better if they seen them with their own eyes and performed their own evaluations.

I know nothing about this prospect cause I don’t watch film til they commit but when I hear Romeo Finley’s name being thrown out in comparison... sign me up. Kid was a silent stud for us his junior and senior year. As sound of a football player as JJ was imo. Without him last year that defense would have been in trouble

IDK if this has been posted yet but what if Manny promised Collier a shot at CB ? I know you guys will complain about that 4.8 40 but i think it would be a huge power move. CB1: Marshall, CB2: Collier, CB3: Burns, FS: Kam SS: Williams.......... Thoughts ?
Some of this log jam at safety will clear up with a couple of them moving to striker. I was thinking 2020 class will have Avantae/Harrell/Balom at safety and Washington at striker. Then 2021 could be Kinchens/Collier at safety and Williams at striker.

2019-2021 classes would give us

S: Avantae/Harrell/Kinchens/Collier/Balom
Striker: Keontra Smith/Washington/Williams

I’m sure a couple of those would transfer down the road, but there’s room for all those guys (Kinchens, Williams and Collier in this class) if we slide a couple over to striker.

Advertisement

You can get away with being a bit slower and stiffer at linebacker. That’s the position safeties move to when that turns out to be the case. Especially with coverage at a premium

You can get away with being a bit slower and stiffer at linebacker. That’s the position safeties move to when that turns out to be the case. Especially with coverage at a premium
Hes 170lbs, not 190-200lb. If you put 50 lbs on him what makes you think he will do any good? 50lbs is the mininum.

Advertisement
Some of this log jam at safety will clear up with a couple of them moving to striker. I was thinking 2020 class will have Avantae/Harrell/Balom at safety and Washington at striker. Then 2021 could be Kinchens/Collier at safety and Williams at striker.

2019-2021 classes would give us

S: Avantae/Harrell/Kinchens/Collier/Balom
Striker: Keontra Smith/Washington/Williams

I’m sure a couple of those would transfer down the road, but there’s room for all those guys (Kinchens, Williams and Collier in this class) if we slide a couple over to striker.
You f4 got frierson!

He's a 4.8? Yikes
U can get away with in HS not College

He ran the 4.83 on 2/2019, that was almost 1.5 years ago. He should be faster now, not saying he has 4.5 speed but he should be at least 4.6-4.7 range. He also had a 4.43 SH and 32 in vert.

Jacoby George ran a 4.72 at the same event with a 4.69 SH and 32 in vert..
Kinchens ran a 4.68 and 4.4 SH.
Kahlil Brantley ran a 4.89 at the event as well at 190 lbs.

Advertisement
I don't think that any team has gone from National Championship contender to chump this quickly and this profoundly, without the "NCAA probation" factor.

2013 - F$U wins national championship
2014 - F$U in the CFP playoffs, but are ranked #5 overall
2015 - F$U finishes 2nd in the Atlantic, but are ranked #14 overall
2016 - F$U finishes 3rd in the Atlantic, but are ranked #8 overall
2017 - F$U has the 3rd worst conference record in the entire ACC, and are 7-6 overall [Jimbo's final year]
2018 - F$U again has the 3rd worse conference record in the entire ACC, and are 5-7 overall
2019 - F$U improves conference record, fires coach, and are 6-7 overall
2020 - F$U predicted to be one of the worst teams in the ACC

They went from being a Top 10 team (yes, Clemson had begun to surpass them) to a sub-.500 team over multiple years in the snap of a finger. Coaching changes. Desperation coaching hires. Terrible recruiting classes. The stench that comes from a dead carcass. NO NCAA PROBATION to blame it on.

Once you have a 4 year period of sucking, it becomes very hard to recruit. Ask Miami.
Don’t tell the media, they picked FSU as the 4th best team and Miami the 7th best team in the ACC for the 2020 season. It’s not like they just came off a good season to ride into this season but alas there they are, 3 spots ahead of our Canes. Smh

He ran the 4.83 on 2/2019, that was almost 1.5 years ago. He should be faster now, not saying he has 4.5 speed but he should be at least 4.6-4.7 range. He also had a 4.43 SH and 32 in vert.

Jacoby George ran a 4.72 at the same event with a 4.69 SH and 32 in vert..
Kinchens ran a 4.68 and 4.4 SH.
Kahlil Brantley ran a 4.89 at the event as well at 190 lbs.
Kam got that game speed

hip wise maybe not but i do think Redwine was more athletic overall.

want to say he ran a 4.5 range in HS and then he ran a 4.4 at 200 lbs at the combine with a 39inch vert. He was a sneaky good athlete. Collier May have some better anticipation which makes up for some of his speed. I think collier was in the 4.8 range at 170lbs. Tough to add 30lbs and shave .4 off your time.
If he’s a JR now, he’s still learning how to run the 40.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back