Cook: "Miami's recruiting me hardest"

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
2014 Central ATH Dalvin Cook had an incredible performance in his team's 34-7 win over Northwestern in the 2nd round of the playoffs. Cook had 123 yards and 3 touchdowns on only 10 carries. He also blocked a field goal attempt and returned a punt for 35 yards.

"It was a great win, but we're trying to stay humble because we have one goal."

While many know Cook as a running back, he isn't opposed to playing defense at the college level.

"If a team needs me to play it, I'll do anything to win."

The Rockets star spoke about his level of commitment to Clemson.

"It's strong, but anything goes right now."

One of Cook's top choices after Clemson is the hometown Miami Hurricanes. He talked about what is standing out to him about the 'Canes.

"I keep telling everybody I like how they use a lot of young players and that's what I wanna do, go and play. I know all of them guys and grew up with all of them so it will be a good thing."

Another aspect of the Miami program that Cook likes is the coaching staff.

"Coach Al Golden is a great person. Michael Barrow and Coach Richardson are cool people. It's just a great staff. I'd say they're recruiting me the hardest right now."

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'd say they're recruiting me the hardest right now."

Anyone else just love hearing this from stud recruits. Not to mention a kid from central!

Yessir.

"I keep telling everybody I like how they use a lot of young players and that's what I wanna do, go and play. I know all of them guys and grew up with all of them so it will be a good thing."

:newman:

Advertisement
I'd say they're recruiting me the hardest right now."

Anyone else just love hearing this from stud recruits. Not to mention a kid from central!

Yessir.

:newman:

notice he says it "will" be a good thing...

Advertisement
This devastating athlete must wear orange and green when its all said and done. Its essential to our return to dominance.

This devastating athlete must wear orange and green when its all said and done. Its essential to our return to dominance.

Absolutely, kid is arguably the best player in dade RIGHT NOW. Dude affected the game on offense, defense, special teams. I havent seen that since Duke did it against south fort meyers his junior year also. But Duke wasnt locked on Sammy Watkins. Dalvin was on Jojo or Artie ALL NIGHT. He played every defensive snap except the last drive. While also basically scoring every meaningful TD. I am saying it now, it would be like losing Duke (now everyone knows how duke affects our team and if we didnt have him where we would be), it just cant happen. Especially to clemson, I hated that we lost Sammy, and Spiller played for them. Those our florida kids, but Dalvin would be different, thats a MIAMI kid, a city boy, in the heart of miami, and to let clemson come right under our nose and steal the best player. Some one would have to lose a game check or something.

Worst part he barely played in the first half, but when he did touch the ball the crowd held their breathe and guys were screaming TD before he would break open. EVERYONE know what this kid can do. Once you get to that point where even the ladies stop conversating to see what you will do you know you are special. Anyway let me stop, watch for yourself.

http://youtu.be/H3yzFwdP23o

Absolutely, kid is arguably the best player in dade RIGHT NOW. Dude affected the game on offense, defense, special teams. I havent seen that since Duke did it against south fort meyers his junior year also. But Duke wasnt locked on Sammy Watkins. Dalvin was on Jojo or Artie ALL NIGHT. He played every defensive snap except the last drive. While also basically scoring every meaningful TD. I am saying it now, it would be like losing Duke (now everyone knows how duke affects our team and if we didnt have him where we would be), it just cant happen. Especially to clemson, I hated that we lost Sammy, and Spiller played for them. Those our florida kids, but Dalvin would be different, thats a MIAMI kid, a city boy, in the heart of miami, and to let clemson come right under our nose and steal the best player. Some one would have to lose a game check or something.

Worst part he barely played in the first half, but when he did touch the ball the crowd held their breathe and guys were screaming TD before he would break open. EVERYONE know what this kid can do. Once you get to that point where even the ladies stop conversating to see what you will do you know you are special. Anyway let me stop, watch for yourself.

http://youtu.be/H3yzFwdP23o
he runs so effortlessly he looks like he's gliding

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back