MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Advertisement
Read my prior post. Also I don’t want to derail this thread because it’s not about academic rankings. But there’s a reason that FSU has come up and it has to do with cost, population growth, test scores, and acceptance standards at FSU, UF, and UCF.
As you and others have pointed out in the past, US News and other college rankings are not a very accurate judge of academic standing. Pretty good article that recently came out starts to pull the curtain back. Colombia got al the way up to #2 based on lies and cheating used to manipulate their score.

“I’ve long believed that all university rankings are essentially worthless. They’re based on data that have very little to do with the academic merit of an institution and that the data might not be accurate in the first place,”

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Hate to say this, but this will be a forgotten rivalry like all other Big 8/12 rivalries. That conference saw the loss of OU v. Nebraska and UT v. A&M. Ppl quickly forgot about it. This will be one of those “ahh yeah” moments, but give it a year or two & it will be quickly forgotten.
No one outside of Oklahoma cares about that.

OU vs Nebraska is definitely solid rivalry many will tune into.

Advertisement
Hate to say this, but this will be a forgotten rivalry like all other Big 8/12 rivalries. That conference saw the loss of OU v. Nebraska and UT v. A&M. Ppl quickly forgot about it. This will be one of those “ahh yeah” moments, but give it a year or two & it will be quickly forgotten.
I didn't think of it this way originally but after your post I agree. When those other rivalries were getting canceled it seemed kinda sad and like it mattered but none of them did. Nobody is looking back after this season and saying, "Man, I still love cfb, but this year just wasn't as good without Texas vs A & m" or whatever game.

I didn't think of it this way originally but after your post I agree. When those other rivalries were getting canceled it seemed kinda sad and like it mattered but none of them did. Nobody is looking back after this season and saying, "Man, I still love cfb, but this year just wasn't as good without Texas vs A & m" or whatever game.

UT/aTm was mostly a regional rivalry. I dont think anyone outside of the state of Texas really cared about it that much. Nebraska/OU and UT/OU were the important B12 rivalries that really moved the meter because they were nationally known powerhouses.

UT/aTm was mostly a regional rivalry. I dont think anyone outside of the state of Texas really cared about it that much. Nebraska/OU and UT/OU were the important B12 rivalries that really moved the meter because they were nationally known powerhouses.
Yes, that's why said "or whatever game." Nobody other than them is mourning the loss of OU/Texas or OU/Nebraska either at this point. In the long run none of them made any difference

Not by those in that state or other rivalries in other states, which is where it matters.

It would be akin to us not playing FSU yearly. Maybe we'd play them occasionally like we do UF, but it would suck for those who grew up in whatever state and went to various state schools. It's about bragging rights amongst former teammates friends, family, etc.

Take FSU off the schedule, what's our schedule look like? Oh boy, I can't wait to play VT, UNC, etc. Clemson is our biggest team on the schedule, but what matters more as fans?

The real loser is OkState. OU had the Nebraska and Texas thing, but that game still mattered to then in state. It's good to be big bro and little bro always wants to beat you.

I get both sides, but every bit of tradition that's dismantled hurts the sport.

Advertisement
Back