MEGA Conference Realignment and lawsuits Megathread(Its still personal)

Imo, UNC / Duke r the equivalent to SC / UCLA. They’ll decide the fate of the ACC, but I think GT, Clemson, FSU, & us bolt to the SEC. If ND gets the independent TV contract they want, they ain’t leaving Independent status.
Any contract they get can almost be doubled if they joined a conference ESPECIALLY if the conferences get so big the start eliminating non-conference games from their teams schedules.

Advertisement
I still think Ideally Missouri, Nebraska, and Rutgers left (aka got kicked out) for the B12 too.

Yeah; I would think the SEC would like to send Missouri to the B12 & The B1G send Nebraska back to the B12. I can see Rutgers joining ACC if they got kicked out. Wondering if the B1G wanna send Maryland back to the ACC too since they’ve done nothing of note in any sport. Lol

Ultimately my 2024 prediction if/when PAC+ACC die.
Realignment_NoDrops_7.27.png

Any contract they get can almost be doubled if they joined a conference ESPECIALLY if the conferences get so big the start eliminating non-conference games from their teams schedules.

I agree, but ND just want to be Independent! Lol. Worst thing the ACC ever did was cater to them for all their sports EXCEPT football, & thought they would get them to join. Smh

Advertisement
Yeah; I would think the SEC would like to send Missouri to the B12 & The B1G send Nebraska back to the B12. I can see Rutgers joining ACC if they got kicked out. Wondering if the B1G wanna send Maryland back to the ACC too since they’ve done nothing of note in any sport. Lol
Yeah, if the ACC were to survive I'd agree. In my original one I did like a month ago thats what I think I had...

I agree, but ND just want to be Independent! Lol. Worst thing the ACC ever did was cater to them for all their sports EXCEPT football, & thought they would get them to join. Smh
Ay I was saying during the COVID year we should have either forced them to join fully in football or not helped lol

Advertisement
I think the B12 survives. I think the B1G officially become The B1G & not Big 10. SEC continues their name as they’ll still be regional. The B12 becomes BigXVI. I’m just not sure about the ACC & PAC-12! Lol. They r both in this comatose state!
Its just so easy for the ACC to collapse. Like obviously Miami, Clemson, and FSU actively want out. B10 wants ND, and pretty obviously would be happy with UNC. From there we are any 3 more schools (UVA, GTech, Duke most likely) getting poached being able to vote to kill the conference - and thus get out with zero buyout where they will then make >$60M more PER YEAR! ..Seriously that scenario would be legit like a +$800M swing for us over the course of the current GOR...

The PAC at this point is just Oregon and Washington getting invited to the B10 away from dying lol. Even if Stanford and Cal didn't get invited it'd still be toast. I guess they COULD stay around and just add like Boise St, a Texas school like SMU or something.?

If this ends up being true (and I have no reason to doubt anything at this point) then it'll be even more amazing than what was pulled with nobody knowing anything about USC & UCLA until the day-of.

Theoretically, at minimum Sankey would've had to have polled his member schools about the invite . For nothing about that to leak at all in the current climate with all the lazy media awakened to this and eyes now focused on it would be quite the feat.

OR- did this start prior to USC & UCLA jumping ship?
Myself and Cribby posted this probably about a month ago now. We don’t need the ACC’s approval. I’m not posting everything again respectfully. It’s in the thread. We spoke about UNC, fsu and Clemson. Neither of us have all the details. We only know what we’ve been told. There’s no more leaks now. Those days are over. I can’t keep this thread going and regurgitating the same things over and over. It’s football time. Have a great august everyone. Hopefully this is over before the season starts. I’m done posting on this subject.

Its just so easy for the ACC to collapse. Like obviously Miami, Clemson, and FSU actively want out. B10 wants ND, and pretty obviously would be happy with UNC. From there we are any 3 more schools (UVA, GTech, Duke most likely) getting poached being able to vote to kill the conference - and thus get out with zero buyout where they will then make >$60M more PER YEAR! ..Seriously that scenario would be legit like a +$800M swing for us over the course of the current GOR...

The PAC at this point is just Oregon and Washington getting invited to the B10 away from dying lol. Even if Stanford and Cal didn't get invited it'd still be toast. I guess they COULD stay around and just add like Boise St, a Texas school like SMU or something.?

Yeah, both conferences r a school or two away from going bye-bye. I’ll say this, if UNC/Duke bounce, the ACC is done. If OU & UDub leave, I believe the PAC-12 is done. Again, I know for sure the B12 is zeroing in on the dessert & Mountain West schools in the PAC-12. Actually, the PAC-12 is in a better contingency plan than the ACC. They have solid G5 programs around them that they can call up:
-SDSU (12-2 last yr & a solid b-ball program)
-Fresno St (10-3 last yr, always a solid football program)
-Utah St (11-3 last yr, another solid football program over the past couple of season)
-Boise St (The Gonzaga of CFB)
-And since the PAC-12 championship game is now being played in Vegas, pull in Nevada & UNLV (they’ll replace the Zona schools)

Last edited:
I agree, but B10 actually does **** academically together though - something that would legit actually benefit us. Plus being in the b10 after realignment would essentially be alligning yourself with a bunch of Ivy league level schools. Like Stanford, Cal, UCLA, UNC, UVA, USC, plus all the current B10 schools... That's the top of the academic leaderboards right there, and would probably have a positive impact for us imo.
The B1G makes so much more sense for us as a University - that's what we've been trying to align ourselves to ever since we kicked the Suntan U moniker.

Plus **** the SEC. It'll be another Tobacco Road Mafia situation if we join that conference - we'd be an outsider.

Advertisement
Advertisement
If this ends up being true (and I have no reason to doubt anything at this point) then it'll be even more amazing than what was pulled with nobody knowing anything about USC & UCLA until the day-of.

Theoretically, at minimum Sankey would've had to have polled his member schools about the invite . For nothing about that to leak at all in the current climate with all the lazy media awakened to this and eyes now focused on it would be quite the feat.

OR- did this start prior to USC & UCLA jumping ship?
I would surmise that this was in the works before that...

Advertisement
Back