Off-Topic Colonial pipeline situation..

MedleyCane

Senior
I'm planning to drive from central Florida to Maryland and wondering about gas station situation in light of the news regarding Colonial pipeline hack....anyone in the Carolinas who can attest to situation? Especially around I95 sector.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Gas is in short supply in NC along I-95 near the Virginia border. Many gas stations in our area have bags and signs on the pumps due to no gas.
Awesome. I’ve got to drive that way from Maryland tomorrow. How is it in Virginia, like by Stony Creek and Emporia heading towards Roanoke Rapids and Mount whatever it is?

Advertisement
Rocky Mount?
Yup, that’s it. I’m wondering how close to there in Virginia I can get gas once I go south of Petersburg. I’m sure I’d be fine in Stony Creek but is the area near Emporia, which is closer, still good with gas?

Awesome. I’ve got to drive that way from Maryland tomorrow. How is it in Virginia, like by Stony Creek and Emporia heading towards Roanoke Rapids and Mount whatever it is?
Roanoke Rapids is where I was yesterday. The BP stations and Sheetz off exit 173 should have gas. Rocky Mount is another 30 min south.

Yup, that’s it. I’m wondering how close to there in Virginia I can get gas once I go south of Petersburg. I’m sure I’d be fine in Stony Creek but is the area near Emporia, which is closer, still good with gas?
Loves in Skippers VA still had gas as of yesterday. Exit 4 (I believe) off of 95

Advertisement
I'm planning to drive from central Florida to Maryland and wondering about gas station situation in light of the news regarding Colonial pipeline hack....anyone in the Carolinas who can attest to situation? Especially around I95 sector.
I would wait to see how it plays out. My friend was going to drive to Maryland as well this weekend and had to cancel.

I would wait to see how it plays out. My friend was going to drive to Maryland as well this weekend and had to cancel.

Yeah, I hear ya...what you say makes sense. The only problem I have is I have many personal and business issues to tend to, which were planned for next week...oh well!

Yeah, I have same logistical issues coming from the south...my car has 18 gallon tank and does approx 30-36 mpg on the highway, so I figure getting gas somewhere in north Georgia and then second fill-up in southern Virginia, so I was hoping Emporia was good with gas...(geez man, figuring out gas stops, what times we live in...lol).

Advertisement
Back