Coley Battle Down to the Wire

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
The battle for Northeast WR Stacy Coley is truly coming down to the wire, as Head Coach Donnell Bennett says the decision has not even been made yet.

“He hasn’t made his decision yet, he’s making it tomorrow. He’s just taking his time because he has until tomorrow and he’s always said he wanted to wait until signing day. I don’t think it’s indecision, it’s just the way he wants to do it.”

The star receiver is not giving away any secrets to his coach.

“He hasn’t told me if he will tell me before. He just says we will find out on signing day.”

Despite speculation that this is purely a Miami-FSU battle, Bennett adds that South Florida is still an option for Coley.

“USF is still in it, so it’s the three schools with that one, Miami, and Florida State.”

What kind of advice has Bennett given Stacy over the past few days?

“I just tell him to choose a school that he can see himself at for the next four years and make the best decision for himself, not anybody else.”

Bennett has seen a transformation of Coley from when he first burst onto the scene to where he is today.

“I feel like he’s grown tremendously and matured a lot to put himself in the situation to have a big day like this.”

As far as a prediction for where his star player will land, Bennett isn’t giving anything away either.

“I don’t know. I don’t have a prediction (laughs.)”

Advertisement
Nole. He hasnt "told his coach" yet because his coach is a Cane and he doesnt want to upset him. No way this kid hasnt decided where he is going yet.

Advertisement
there's never any valid reason to post that on this board.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Nole. He hasnt "told his coach" yet because his coach is a Cane and he doesnt want to upset him. No way this kid hasnt decided where he is going yet.

I'm not saying Coley will be a Cane, but I doubt Coley hasn't told Bennett where he's going.

Advertisement
Advertisement

I'm not saying Coley will be a Cane, but I doubt Coley hasn't told Bennett where he's going.

So Bennett is lying? Reads to me like the kid told Bennett is is "undecided" because he doesnt want to upset him and tell him he's goign to FSU, since he knows Bennett would rather him go to Miami. Im saying Nole all the way, I would be truly shocked if he picked us.

Advertisement
Back