Coconut Creek vs. South Dade Spring game recruiting notebook

View as article

Nash Williams

Freshman
Coconut Creek vs. South Dade Spring game:

On Wednesday I attended the Coconut Creek vs. South Dade Spring game to see some of the players the Miami Hurricanes are actively recruiting and underclassmen who will potentially be on the 'Canes radar.

Obviously on the Coconut Creek team you have the big names such as cornerback Trayvon Mullen and wide-receiver Binjimen Victor who have offers from seemingly every school in the country, but are still relatively quiet about their recruitments. While it's still early on in the process it's evident Trayvon Mullen is leaning towards leaving the state of Florida for schools such as LSU, Ohio State or TCU. 'Canes fans, don't get your hopes up with this All-American cornerback. Victor on the other hand is still very interested in Miami. He Read my interview with him right here: (https://www.canesinsight.com/conten...ut-Creek-WR-Binjimen-Victor-recaps-his-Spring)

2016 Coconut Creek outside linebacker Alexy Jean-Baptiste holds an offer from Miami and he was very active Wednesday night. A true sideline-to-sideline player. Jean-Baptiste put on some much-needed muscle in the off-season and looked the part. I was impressed with his nose for the ball as well.

Some names to tuck away include 2017 defensive end Lashawn Paulino-Bell and 2018 linebacker Jordan WIlliams. Both are physical defensive players who have outstanding size for being underclassmen. Paulino-Bell stands in at 6'3" and weighs 220-pounds and has a great frame that will allow him to add 20-25-pounds with ease. He currently holds offers from Florida Atlantic and Temple. Williams stands in at 5'10" and weighs 180-pounds. Expect for him to pick up some offers after his sophomore season.

Also remember the name of 2018 defensive back Miguel Edwards, who earned an offer from The 'U' earlier this spring, 2018 defensive back Marquis Williams who earned his first offer Wednesday from Temple, and 2017 defensive back Kobe Green. They all showed a lot of potential in this game but are all young and still need to do some growing before they start earning all those desired offers.

South Dade:

It was very impressive to see this South Dade perform at the level they did as two of their biggest playmakers, 2016 athlete Ivan Smith and 2016 Miami Hurricanes commit James Wiggins both sat out Wednesdays game with undisclosed injuries.

The Buccaneers are very tough and imposing at the line-of-scrimmage especially the right side of the line with 2016 tackle Boman Swanson and 2017 guard Kyron Taylor whom Peter has wrote about before here: (https://www.canesinsight.com/content/2648-2017-Lineman-Taylor-is-one-to-watch) Taylor hovers around 260-pounds and has great bend along with quick feet. I would expect Miami to offer soon.

The Bucs are a very young team led by coach Nate Hudson but keep an eye on 2017 defensive lineman Brandon Penerton. Stands in at 6'0" 280-pounds and is very aggressive up front. 2016 running back Jawon Hamilton also had a great showing.

Coaches in attendance:

I spotted coaches from the following schools: Miami (Paul Williams), Alabama, LSU, Georgia, Auburn, Florida State, Louisville, FAU, West Virginia, Maryland, Michigan, Texas, Clemson, Ohio, Temple, Cincinnati, Liberty, Minnesota, West Florida, Florida A&M, and Prairie View.

Advertisement
Very impressed with Jawon Hamilton. Tough to bring down, power and speed. He was turning them over nice on that long run.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back