Coastal scenarios next week

Advertisement
According to the ESPN Ticker, if we win then we win the Coastal. If we lose, then GT wins the Coastal.

Advertisement
Advertisement
"...there is one other scenario to consider, a 3-way tie between UNC, GT & Miami. In that case, Miami would most likely win the tiebreaker, which would eventually come down to the ACC’s fourth-place team’s standing in the BCS computer rankings, according to an ACC official." The fact that he said Miami would MOST LIKELY win the tiebreaker means that there is a chance that we lose the tiebreaker.

Last edited:
just read the rules. looks like we win and we are in. only way GT gets in is if they own a tiebreaker over both UNC and Miami. any scenario that UNC or GT is eliminated we win. I dont think that any of the criteria eliminates us assuming we beat Duke.

god dammit we better beat Duke.

Advertisement
Head-to-head competition vs. the team within the division with the best overall conference record, and proceeding through the division. Multiple ties within the division will be broken first to last.

Since the top 3 teams in the division are tied it will come down to the 4th place team. There could be a tie for 4th place between Duke, VT & Virginia. The tiebreaker will come down to:

The tied team with the highest ranking in the BCS computer rankings shall determine the winner.

If Virginia finishes ahead of Duke & VT in the computer rankings then they are the 4th place team. Since NC & GT beat Virginia & Miami lost to Virginia, Miami would be eliminated from the tiebreaker. It would then be down to NC & GT. Since GT beat NC, GT would win the division.

OK so if UVA loses and we win then we are in. i believe Duke beat UNC so if Duke is placed ahead of UVA, that will eliminate UNC and we'd go H2H vs GT and win

Advertisement
If we lose to Duke I don't even want to go to the ACCG.

6-6 with losses to Duke and UVA would probably be the most least-deserving champion of the division ever.

Advertisement
Back