Coach's take on Vernon Davis

datcaneguy

Senior
Chevas Clements (Cape Coral's Head Coach) on Vernon Davis

Says that he's a great athlete and he likes his chances at coming in and starting b/c of his athletic ability and the fact UM is low on db's
Says if he can get in early and learn the playbook and the system he will play very early in his career
Believes Davis will be returning punts for Miami after scoring four tds on punt returns this year
Says that they play a lot of man press and b/c he was so high-profile he was only thrown to 5 times all year, none was completed and 2 of them were intercepted
Davis had over 600 receiving yards along with 6 touchdown catches on the season
He shut down Herb Waters and Palmetto's best receiver
says that his technique is very sound so that's one area he will have less work in at UM
Says that as a coaching staff they pride themselves on coaching their players very soundly and fundamentally
Likes how he gets in and out of his breaks, backpedal well in man coverage
Believes that by his sophomore year Davis will be a household name
Says that Davis is very disciplined and has great work ethic...Says he'll be successful at UM
On enrolling early he says Davis is taking a heavy load of virtual classes and they will know about his status January 15

Advertisement
Vernon Davis is the only cornerback recruit that I think has a chance of being solid at some point in his career.

Advertisement
small and fiesty...like to mix in these types with the bigger cbs.....

Davis reminds of a poor man's greg reid

I actually really like our CBs class. I think Hope, Dortch, Davis and Gunter will all be players but really excited about Gunter and Davis

Advertisement
Dude is so small he weighs like 160 he needs to gain about 20 pounds before he would ever play here

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back