Coach's take on Malcom Lewis and Tracy Howard

datcaneguy

Senior
Miramar Head Coach (Damon Cogdell)

On Malcolm Lewis

He's one of the top five receivers in the country and is very underrated for his position as 29th best receiver in the country.
Mentions that he works hard both in the classroom and on the field.
On why he believes Malcolm is a top 5 receiver
"it's because of some of the things he does - the TD catch he had in the state game; the average receiver is not going to make that catch. Malcolm will be an exceptional receiver at Miami. I think he'll play as a freshman at Miami just because of his work ethic, his 4.4 speed. And that's without the proper lifting he'll get at the University of Miami. He'll be in a weight program that gets him bigger, faster and stronger. It's almost scary to think what he's going to do when he gets in the weight program.
Says he knew Lewis would be special when he got playing time as a freshman

On Howard

Him and Lewis are best friends but he doesn't expect them to be at the same school
Doesn't believe Miami is in it for him, he went on to say he just doesn't want to go there...but never say never
Doesn't expect him to visit UM officially but Has visits set up for Alabama, LSU, and USC

Advertisement
Howard to Bama, Nole fans will howl. They thought he was in the bag. $aban strikes again.

Trav,
Can you provide any insight into what kind of "benefits" these kids are receiving to sign with the Alabama's and LSU's??

Advertisement
Trav,
Can you provide any insight into what kind of "benefits" these kids are receiving to sign with the Alabama's and LSU's??

What do you need? Saban is notorious with just about every SFL high school coach for the cash he throws around. Had the deepest pockets around at L$U and those pockets aren't any less deep at Bama. Cue the "stop with the money excuse" replies. And that's fine. I know what I know. I have no doubt that Saban is a **** of a recruiter. The fact that he is the Godfather of the $EC mafia doesn't hurt. I called Howard to Bama long before he started even mentioning them. And it isn't like F$U can't provide incentives of their own, so think about that..

Here's a story, and I may have already related it on this board. Remember a few years back when Craig Davis, Laron Landry, and one other LA kid committed to UM on their visits? Well the second they got off the plane back in LA, Saban met them at the airport, brought them to a room with their parents and said "what will it take to get you to sign?" They immediately flipped to L$U. Now that was a bit different, as they were local LA kids. But now it's just plain obvious. Saban swoops in and cherry picks top South FL guys who are being recruited a lot harder by the big 3 in FL. It's not rocket science.

Tracy Howard will probably end up a Heisman finalist if he teams up with Saban/Bama.

Better than the Noles though......

Trav,

What do you need? Saban is notorious with just about every SFL high school coach for the cash he throws around. Had the deepest pockets around at L$U and those pockets aren't any less deep at Bama. Cue the "stop with the money excuse" replies. And that's fine. I know what I know. I have no doubt that Saban is a **** of a recruiter. The fact that he is the Godfather of the $EC mafia doesn't hurt. I called Howard to Bama long before he started even mentioning them. And it isn't like F$U can't provide incentives of their own, so think about that..

Here's a story, and I may have already related it on this board. Remember a few years back when Craig Davis, Laron Landry, and one other LA kid committed to UM on their visits? Well the second they got off the plane back in LA, Saban met them at the airport, brought them to a room with their parents and said "what will it take to get you to sign?" They immediately flipped to L$U. Now that was a bit different, as they were local LA kids. But now it's just plain obvious. Saban swoops in and cherry picks top South FL guys who are being recruited a lot harder by the big 3 in FL. It's not rocket science.

Minor clarification, but Landry never actually committed. The other kid was Daryl Johnson, who ironically enough, didn't qualify for LSU.

Funny, everything I've heard is that Tracy wants to be here but there's a ton of people pushing him away.

Advertisement
I ran across her page on twitter one time and scrolled down her timeline and if you didn't know it was his mother you would think she was his agent

With a lot of these parents, there isn't much of a difference.

Advertisement
Trav,

jordan jefferson has 200 pairs of sneakers.
I knew a 3rd string DT at lsu who owned an Impala w/20 inch rims. And never hasd a job in his life.
marc ingram drove a hummer.
ryan perriluox had two cars.
Parents of players have received jobs, open lines of credit, airfare paid to and from games, hotels, etc.
Haven't even mentioned the handshake$, car loans, food. . .

Advertisement
SEC teams pay players?

37.jpg

If you ain't cheatin, you ain't tryin. I ain't even about to act like Miami is above the fray. The only reason we have to be above the fray is because we can't afford to be in the fray, and that still hasn't stopped us from partaking in shannonigans in the past...many times...and across multiple sports.

So, how can I be mad when the SEC has embraced some old Southwest Conference style of highest bidder goes the player. Play on, playas, you have taken the old Southwest Conference template of acquiring the best talent and perfected it. Good for you.

Tracy Howard is still a stud player and he'll be a stud player that's a little richer after signing day.

SEC teams pay players?

37.jpg

If you ain't cheatin, you ain't tryin. I ain't even about to act like Miami is above the fray. The only reason we have to be above the fray is because we can't afford to be in the fray, and that still hasn't stopped us from partaking in shannonigans in the past...many times...and across multiple sports.

So, how can I be mad when the SEC has embraced some old Southwest Conference style of highest bidder goes the player. Play on, playas, you have taken the old Southwest Conference template of acquiring the best talent and perfected it. Good for you.

Tracy Howard is still a stud player and he'll be a stud player that's a little richer after signing day.

That's how I feel about it. People act like it's all the SEC, but look around the country and their are teams getting tagged everywhere. Everybody does it...schools like USC, Texas, and OU perfected it long ago...especially OU. **** even Notre Dame was on probation at one point...its a part of the game.

I guess I just wish our pockets were a bit deeper and our boosters a little more loyal and new the right players to pay.

Advertisement
Back