Coaching Carousel 2021-2022 - Not Miami Related (locked)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Stranger things have happened lol

But I think we’re a little too deep into the volcano to not hit lava at this point.

I’ve been the most staunch & vocal poster against us hiring Mario & even I can see it’s pretty obvious he’s coming.

The only thing that can derail it is if he just simply doesn’t wanna leave Eugene & gets a record breaking extension.
I know you're not exactly president of the Mario fan club. But what's your expectations? What do u think his average season will look like? Coastal champs? 9-10 wins? Recruiting class in the top 10? None of the above?

Advertisement

Casey Woods was at Auburn with Lashlee when he first got there under Gene Chizik.

He was also the recruiting coordinator at Ark St when Gus Malzahn was HC there & Lashlee was his OC.

Then he went back to AU when Malzahn got the HC job there as a player personnel guy.

He & Lash are close & have worked together for years.

Drinkwitz took one of his tight ends he coached at State with him to App and then Mizzou. Wonder if he trusts him enough to promote him from analyst to on field.

I know you're not exactly president of the Mario fan club. But what's your expectations? What do u think his average season will look like? Coastal champs? 9-10 wins? Recruiting class in the top 10? None of the above?
I have us going 8-4 in year 1.

Year 2 we’ll see.

As far as recruiting, I think he’l hover between top 12-15, with maybe a top 10 by year 3.

My expectations are medium, because setting the bar too high is just setting up for disappointment.

I think having overly lofty expectations isn’t wise, but most fans are true believers so you can’t really curtail that.

What I really hope doesn’t happen is for people to expect him to turn us into a CFP team & then if it doesn’t happen everyone gets upset & starts calling for his head, because once we hire him he’s gonna be here for 7-10 years at the least IMO, so people better get comfortable because no amount of banners is moving him lol

To assume he’s gonna come here & dominate is the easy take, but I’m not sure how much of a reality that will be.

Ultimately, I hope he’s Saban Jr & leads us to a championship, but hope is one thing & reality is often another.

Advertisement
Glad to see UA keeping the offensive version of Manny Diaz. Good lord, the Cats were embarrassingly bad. Never got the love affair for Fisch. The guy is a grifter and drifter.
Exactly, he’s been horrible.

And yes Kevin Sumlin left the team in a pretty bad spot, but they’ve been even worse under Fisch than they were under Sumlin. It’s not really all his fault though, they’ve had a massive decrease in athletic spending & essentially cut the Football budget in half at AZ.

And after the Sean Miller debacle with their Basketball program, they’ve pretty much put everything into rebuilding BBall & have left Football on their own.

Year 2 we’ll see.

As far as recruiting, I think he’l hover between top 12-15, with maybe a top 10 by year 3.

My expectations are medium, because setting the bar too high is just setting up for disappointment.

I think having overly lofty expectations isn’t wise, but most fans are true believers so you can’t really curtail that.

What I really hope doesn’t happen is for people to expect him to turn us into a CFP team & then if it doesn’t happen everyone gets upset & starts calling for his head, because once we hire him he’s gonna be here for 7-10 years at the least IMO, so people better get comfortable because no amount of banners is moving him lol

To assume he’s gonna come here & dominate is the easy take, but I’m not sure how much of a reality that will be.

Ultimately, I hope he’s Saban Jr & leads us to a championship, but hope is one thing & reality is often another.

i've been rationalizing the possibility of mario and i think he would do what we expected richt to do: build the foundation, bring in new energy, reload the roster, and win 9-10 games regularly with some incredibly frustrating and inexplicable losses peppered in.

This was done earlier in the season at my alma mater
FDXGeXjWUAQbsd9.jpg

Advertisement

Year 2 we’ll see.

This. He can win 7 games a year for 3 years straight and his job won’t be at risk

Advertisement
I know it will never happen but I always wondered what would happen if we hired a Triple Option HC with our athlete's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back