• Attention: Register today to view CanesInSight Ad-Free for 7 days.

Coaching Coaching Changes (Around College Football, not Miami)

Southcane

Senior
Meanwhile in Coral Gables............
Cabin Fever Reaction GIF

Liberty City El

Dejazmach
Premium

Casey Woods was at Auburn with Lashlee when he first got there under Gene Chizik.

He was also the recruiting coordinator at Ark St when Gus Malzahn was HC there & Lashlee was his OC.

Then he went back to AU when Malzahn got the HC job there as a player personnel guy.

He & Lash are close & have worked together for years.

jmccomber5

Premier Respecter of Decisions

Casey Woods was at Auburn with Lashlee when he first got there under Gene Chizik.

He was also the recruiting coordinator at Ark St when Gus Malzahn was HC there & Lashlee was his OC.

Then he went back to AU when Malzahn got the HC job there as a player personnel guy.

He & Lash are close & have worked together for years.

I guess that means Likens is staying for the Bowl Game? I thought he would be the guy for his OC

Liberty City El

Dejazmach
Premium
I guess that means Likens is staying for the Bowl Game? I thought he would be the guy for his OC
Likens rep as an OC is not very good.

He’s been an OC twice in his career & in both instances he got fired after one year because he wasn’t a good play caller at all. Both David Beaty at Kansas & Herm Edwards at ASU fired him for the same reason.

He’s a solid WR’s coach, very average to below average OC.

Liberty City El

Dejazmach
Premium
So is Likens Co-OC or WR coach?
For Miami? He’s just WR’s coach.

Passing game coordinator is just a fancy title that gets added on for WR’s coaches sometimes, it just means they catalog the pass plays & assist the OC in which route combos had the most success vs certain looks etc..

PGC’s rarely if ever actually call plays.