Coach Mark'Onofrio is having a hard time adjusting to other

1CN

Sophomore
teams scheme but ............

Man our Defensive talent SUCKS big time, SUCK....
I mean the worst I ever seen in years.................

Prove IT OK............

Let's start up front

Daruis Smith may weight 330 pound but plays like he 250lbs
A DT who stands at 6"4 must be able to bend his knee...

Smith can't get low ,that why less talented offensive players are getting under his pad level ...
IF Daruis is playing to high ,It's better to keep him off the field ..B/c he's a waste space (only as player)

Eddie eddie eddie yes we love Eddie Johnson but the kid is a headcase...
Eddied plays out of control football ,this dude continue to over run his gaps

I predicted Eddie give up Gap control 50% of the time on run plays
but at least he's aggressive

Paul is slow as **** ,(now we know how Duke Johnson broke his knee in spring )
because in open space Paul aint tackling S**t.....

Brandon Mcgee is playing at a ALL ACC level until last night
(The I don't want tackles BM had a guess appearance vs ND)

One of the fastest guys on the team ,but I see Mcgee getting beat
twice a game over the top...

Our Defensive ends are the size of LB's ,how do you expect to control the
point of attack with small LB playing DE or rush end

91 Olsen Pierre | 6-4, 296, SO still no push in pocket vs better competition
67 Corey King | 6-1, 292, SO strong but young
93 Luther Robinson | 6-3, 290, JR average 3rd string DT

Gimble,Pierre are college DE
Chick is a SDE in WDE body....

Tyriq McCord | 6-3, 236, FR
94 Kelvin Cain | 6-3, 245 are SEC LB

Gabriel Terry | 6-3, 215, IS a player you red-shirt

Gunter (jag)
Howard and Thomas would've benefit learning for a upperclassmen CB
and playing spot duties.

Going forward

Al Golden need to recruit mix of taller CB
Our CB are getting murder over the top

More athletic safety like Bush
No more slow players like VT ,ray,or Highsmith

Bigger LB/DE/DT with leg dive and attitude

sorry for my rant.........

Last edited:
Advertisement
These young guys ARE NOT GOOD and really doubting if they every will be and I am specifically speaking about the defensive line. It is horrible, atrocious whatever words you use.

I am sorry just not good at all.

Some of this post is false. Miami has more than enough talent. Young teams will make a mistake here and there. You may have a blown coverage, a man guarding the wrong gap, No way are you going to be 113 in total defense without some coaching involved.

Why are people ragging on G Paul? Is it because he is a name they don't like? After watching film the last two weeks, G Paul really jumps off the screen. He is all over the field. G Paul is slow? He is by far our fastest LB. Did you miss his kick off return or when he went into a dead sprint to run Notre Damne QB down from the other side of the field?

I agree that grimble and Pierre are playing out of position and should be D Ends.

In the off season I am moving chick to the 3 tech DT. We are having the same problem we had with Allen Bailey, in that Chick has out grown the D End position.

J Hamilton looks like he will out grow the D End position and I see him moving inside as well. Robinson is clearly our best tackle and it is not even close. We can not get Porter back fast enough.

But the issue is Coach D'O. How man weeks has he known that the front four can't get pressure? There still has not been any adjustments made to help bring pressure. Things he could do is play more aggressive up front by giving different looks and mixing in zone blitzes.

You may have a blown coverage, a man guarding the wrong gap, No way are you going to be 113 in total defense without some coaching involved.

Eddie Johnson was fly around into on coming blocker
plus on 51 almost TD run ,never stay in his lane...

Blown Coverage we're getting beat one on one
Our CB has no knowledgeable of how to play down and distant

Our CB bail-out as if every play is 9 route.
Give up outs,hitches,and combos all-day (that's coach)

Why are people ragging on G Paul? Is it because he is a name they don't like? After watching film the last two weeks, G Paul really jumps off the screen. He is all over the field. G Paul is slow?

Man, in the open field GP is a sitting duck...

In the off season I am moving chick to the 3 tech DT. We are having the same problem we had with Allen Bailey, in that Chick has out grown the D End position.
What !!!
No way jose. Chick is not a every down DT ....Chick need to lost some weight to re-game his ENERGY and SPEED back ..but he's not effective playing SDE in this Defense ..

But the issue is Coach D'O. How man weeks has he known that the front four can't get pressure? There still has not been any adjustments made to help bring pressure. Things he could do is play more aggressive up front by giving different looks and mixing in zone blitzes
I can't disagree

City check your message homie......

Advertisement
Dude needs to adjust those weak *** blitzes too. I mean ****, it's so obvious when there coming and where they are coming from.

Just my opinion maybe coach D should let our players freelance, they seem to be more productive. Right now D'O is looking like a ****** play caller.

Advertisement
Back