Coach L - Matt Cross (old news) - BOY WAS I DEAD WRONG

cyrez8

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
That's it for me.

Coach L has lost complete control of this program. There is no way that whatever happened should have resulted in Matt Cross no longer being on this team.

Coach L took this program to the next level but he has not been able to recover from the Adidas scandal. He will not be fired and deserves to go out on his own but it is time for him to retire.

Last edited:
Advertisement
That's it for me.

Coach L has lost complete control of this program. There is no way that whatever happened should have resulted in Matt Cross no longer being on this team.

Coach L took this program to the next level but he has not been able to recover from the Adidas scandal. He will not be fired and deserves to go out on his own but it is time for him to retire.
Weird hill to die on. Coach L should have been led out to pasture two seasons ago

That's it for me.

wait there is no way matt cross should have been kicked off without knowing what he ddi? what if it was really bad?

Coach L hasn’t done a great job here honestly. The recruiting was decent for Miami basketball but he couldn’t produce. His best season was his first and that’s with players he didn’t recruit. They won the ACC but couldn’t get past the sweet 16. That was the most exciting year for Canes hoops. Still remember the players slapping the court after taking the lead against Duke at home. That’s really the only dominant team he has coached. For the most part they have under performed.

Advertisement
Coach L hasn’t done a great job here honestly. The recruiting was decent for Miami basketball but he couldn’t produce. His best season was his first and that’s with players he didn’t recruit. They won the ACC but couldn’t get past the sweet 16. That was the most exciting year for Canes hoops. Still remember the players slapping the court after taking the lead against Duke at home. That’s really the only dominant team he has coached. For the most part they have under performed.
Agreed. I think that team that lost to Loyola in the first round could have made a run. I think we had Lonnie and Brown that year.

He took the program to similar heights Hamilton once did. We won the Big East once with Hamilton. We won the ACC with L. Difference is L did it much much quicker than Hamilton given the state of the program he inherited. I really thought that after L winning the ACC in just his 2nd year here that we had the chance to make a run at being a perennial top 10-15 program. But there’s been a lot of hope and little results, especially lately. Sure he’s encountered some bad luck along the way (FBI scandal, a plethora of injuries) but he’s allowed this program to become a bottom feeder very quickly. I haven’t seen things this bad since the end of the Perry Clark era. We’re uncompetitive and we basically have nothing to look forward to in the future. It’s time to ask him to hang it up.

That's it for me.

I feel exactly this way

Advertisement
All reports are that it wasn't really bad

Coach L has lost his mind
Can you share any hint at all... Even the most gossipy speculation groups online say "no clue" although they suggest "must be bad" for this sort of event. TY.

Agreed. I think that team that lost to Loyola in the first round could have made a run. I think we had Lonnie and Brown that year.
I will go on record and say that will be the most talented Miami team EVER and him and his jv staff completely let the players down as well as us fans. I knew that season, L had lost it. That team, in the right system, had final 4 talent. Instead we lost in a play in game due to horrendous execution down the stretch (sound familiar?)

Advertisement
That's it for me.

But we have no idea what happened. It could be a massive overreaction by coach L I suppose but it could be something really personally embarrassing fit Cross being kept quiet to not endanger his career. Coaches do that sometime. I know it's been a sh*t couple seasons here and it may be time for coach L to hang out up but I wouldn't assume Coach L just jettisoned Cross because he woke up in a bad mood or something. In fact common sense says that's pretty unlikely.

Advertisement
Maybe he posted something on social media that the SJWs at Hecht didn't like.....
The only offensive thing I've seen is our 6-9 record.

Hey, did you know that basketball was one of our first sports and Art Webb led the team to a 7-1 record in our first year?

He took the program to similar heights Hamilton once did. We won the Big East once with Hamilton. We won the ACC with L. Difference is L did it much much quicker than Hamilton given the state of the program he inherited. I really thought that after L winning the ACC in just his 2nd year here that we had the chance to make a run at being a perennial top 10-15 program. But there’s been a lot of hope and little results, especially lately. Sure he’s encountered some bad luck along the way (FBI scandal, a plethora of injuries) but he’s allowed this program to become a bottom feeder very quickly. I haven’t seen things this bad since the end of the Perry Clark era. We’re uncompetitive and we basically have nothing to look forward to in the future. It’s time to ask him to hang it up.
Agreed
But we have no idea what happened. It could be a massive overreaction by coach L I suppose but it could be something really personally embarrassing fit Cross being kept quiet to not endanger his career. Coaches do that sometime. I know it's been a sh*t couple seasons here and it may be time for coach L to hang out up but I wouldn't assume Coach L just jettisoned Cross because he woke up in a bad mood or something. In fact common sense says that's pretty unlikely.
What I've heard is an absolute joke. Coach L is senile. Time to retire.

Advertisement
Back