Coach Al Golden on the Dan Lebatard show

Advertisement
Al Golden is just plain awesome

How he doesn't win big here when it's all said is done will be beyond my level of understanding

I really believe he is on JJ and Shnellenberger level

Totally believe in Golden and I think he will start to prove it this year. He is going to be an all time great.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Nothing newsworthy in the interview

Individual player interviews - days of coaching everyone the same are gone. Tailored approach to each player: some need to be called out and challenged, some encouraged. The key is to develop trust with everyone.

Mike Rice video - can't believe that happened. Culture is the key and Golden works on developing culture and trust. Has never crossed the line and can't believe the culture in that video had fallen so far that the players didn't respond and everyone accepted what was happening. If you develop the right culture you don't need fear to motivate, you can empower kids by giving them the tools to succeed.

On why Golden likes to use quotes - given the limited exposure to the players, quotes and buzzwords are a powerful teaching tool. They are the key to creating the culture he was talking about, which is the biggest differentiating factor for college programs given limited practice time. Needs to create buy-in so players are efficient and self-motivated, which maximizes the results of the coaches' time with them.

Like I said, not very newsworthy but there it is.

Nothing newsworthy in the interview

Individual player interviews - days of coaching everyone the same are gone. Tailored approach to each player: some need to be called out and challenged, some encouraged. The key is to develop trust with everyone.

Mike Rice video - can't believe that happened. Culture is the key and Golden works on developing culture and trust. Has never crossed the line and can't believe the culture in that video had fallen so far that the players didn't respond and everyone accepted what was happening. If you develop the right culture you don't need fear to motivate, you can empower kids by giving them the tools to succeed.

On why Golden likes to use quotes - given the limited exposure to the players, quotes and buzzwords are a powerful teaching tool. They are the key to creating the culture he was talking about, which is the biggest differentiating factor for college programs given limited practice time. Needs to create buy-in so players are efficient and self-motivated, which maximizes the results of the coaches' time with them.

Like I said, not very newsworthy but there it is.

You cannot give Reputation to the same post twice.

This was probably one of my favorite interviews that he has done. This necessarily wasn't about the team right now, but it was just an awesome insight into Golden and his line of thinking.

Advertisement
Totally believe in Golden and I think he will start to prove it this year. He is going to be an all time great.

LULZ at starting to prove it this year. He's been building a house for two years and having to do a Holmes on Homes job of tearing away all the shoddy **** that ****** Shanntard slopped up while he was here stealing checks.

Advertisement
If this guy can't turn the program around then I don't believe it will ever be turned around.
You can argue that some other coach may have gotten more from what was left, but a build for the long haul, Miami has their man.

Advertisement
Back