Class of 2021: updated as of 3/14/21

I feel you but it’s too early to make this house call. Let’s see how the season plays out. If it plays out like we all expect it to, I would love to see how things look in Nov/Dec. The last time we had a good season we had a top 10 class. (2017)

Also just have to see how kids shake out their senior year. Look what happened with the Sanguinetti, Manuel, and harris's of the world....

Advertisement
I know I'll get blasted for this and I hope I'm wrong and it gets thrown back in my face, but I just have a weird feeling that Miami is not going to have much success with the elite in-state kids this class. And yes, I realize it's February, and I realize (and believe) that Miami is going to have a very successful season on the field this fall with D'Eriq King and Lashlee here.

But I look at the top ranked kids (again, at the moment...a lot can change) and I just don't see how Miami gets in the game with a lot of the big fish.

James Williams is going to UGA. I don't think Miami is recruiting Terrence Lewis very hard, and he's not coming here even if they were. Leonard Taylor is going to be a very difficult pull. I have essentially zero confidence that either Collier or Marshall come here. Jacorey Brooks is a long-shot. I don't see any of the elite IMG kids coming here. Marcus Tate isn't coming. Tyreak Sapp isn't coming. Savion Collins is going to be very difficult to hold onto. None of the central/north FL elite kids are coming (Jennings, Langston, Sorey, Williams).

Miami got 7 of the Top 50 kids in Florida in 2020, via the composite.
Got 5 of the Top 50 in 2019
Got 11 of the Top 50 in 2018

We know 2018 was the only class that finished in the Top 10. I know there's 100 years to go, but I just don't see much of a realistic path to get a Top 10 class unless there's some significant OOS additions.

At the moment, we have 4 of the Top 50 kids committed.
I think James WIlliams will end up at Miami IF Miami has a great year.

I know I'll get blasted for this and I hope I'm wrong and it gets thrown back in my face, but I just have a weird feeling that Miami is not going to have much success with the elite in-state kids this class. And yes, I realize it's February, and I realize (and believe) that Miami is going to have a very successful season on the field this fall with D'Eriq King and Lashlee here.

But I look at the top ranked kids (again, at the moment...a lot can change) and I just don't see how Miami gets in the game with a lot of the big fish.

James Williams is going to UGA. I don't think Miami is recruiting Terrence Lewis very hard, and he's not coming here even if they were. Leonard Taylor is going to be a very difficult pull. I have essentially zero confidence that either Collier or Marshall come here. Jacorey Brooks is a long-shot. I don't see any of the elite IMG kids coming here. Marcus Tate isn't coming. Tyreak Sapp isn't coming. Savion Collins is going to be very difficult to hold onto. None of the central/north FL elite kids are coming (Jennings, Langston, Sorey, Williams).

Miami got 7 of the Top 50 kids in Florida in 2020, via the composite.
Got 5 of the Top 50 in 2019
Got 11 of the Top 50 in 2018

We know 2018 was the only class that finished in the Top 10. I know there's 100 years to go, but I just don't see much of a realistic path to get a Top 10 class unless there's some significant OOS additions.

At the moment, we have 4 of the Top 50 kids committed.

We've started our previous class under Richt and Diaz as #1, and except for 2018 have never finished higher than about #15. If anything, it's a troubling sign that we're only starting #5 this year.

Really, I'm not sure why people expect any better than #15-20 classes. Some small university without donors that can only fill 2/3 of its stadium, and has a tradition of football mediocrity for all but 20-25 years.

We've started our previous class under Richt and Diaz as #1, and except for 2018 have never finished higher than about #15. If anything, it's a troubling sign that we're only starting #5 this year.

Really, I'm not sure why people expect any better than #15-20 classes. Some small university without donors that can only fill 2/3 of its stadium, and has a tradition of football mediocrity for all but 20-25 years.
14-14 the last 2 years

Advertisement
14-14 the last 2 years

Have you ever seen a thing where a person divides Miami football into 3 eras, and cites the win percentage from something like 1926-1980, 1981-2003, and 2004 to the present? (You can fool around a little with the years but it's the same general idea.)

It's actual pretty clear which of those 3 eras is the outlier.

There's a reason why Texas can get top 10 classes, and Miami can't. Even though Texas hasn't been any better over the last decade.

And Miami's attendance isn't good to boot.

For God's sake, in 2017, we finished 25th in home attendance. And all of our home games were played before we suffered our first loss. http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/football_records/Attendance/2017.pdf

You think that's good for recruiting?

There was one year (2015) where we didn't even crack the top 30.

Last edited:
Have you ever seen a thing where a person divides Miami football into 3 eras, and cites the win percentage from something like 1926-1980, 1981-2003, and 2004 to the present? (You can fool around a little with the years but it's the same general idea.)

It's actual pretty clear which of those 3 eras is the outlier.

There's a reason why Texas can get top 10 classes, and Miami can't. Even though Texas hasn't been any better over the last decade.

And Miami's attendance isn't good to boot.

For God's sake, in 2017, we finished 25th in home attendance. And all of our home games were played before we suffered our first loss. http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/football_records/Attendance/2017.pdf

You think that's good for recruiting?

There was one year (2015) where we didn't even crack the top 30.

Our stadium is now a plus. Atmosphere is loud. Just need to win more games, more like a lot more games

You sound like a gaytor

Advertisement
Advertisement
Class21200604.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back