CLASS OF 17

Height: 6'0"
WEIGHT: 215lbs
40YD DASH: 4.50
VERTICAL: 31"
BENCH PRESS: 305lbs
SQUAT: 405lbs

few quotes from commitment articles;
On Golden Football Camp;"The coaching was phenomenal," Kearney said. "The teaching was great. They are very detailed on it all. They showed me around all the facilities. I saw the study hall, the film room, and I spent some time in the head coach office with Al Golden. I got a tour of everything and I loved it."

The coaches told me that when they had their meeting after the camp that I was the biggest talk of it all," Kearney said. "They like the way I move and how quick I am and my explosiveness. They like my weight too. They compared me to Denzel Perryman and they said I am coming in bigger and taller than him."

"My dad was a big Canes fan," Kearney said. "I used to always look up to Ray Lewis. The Hurricanes has always been big in my household. Ray Lewis plays with so much energy. That is the type of player that I want to be. I try to take after him and I look at his videos and it gets me hype."

Mandarin football star Aundre Kearney commits to Miami
By Justin Barney Tue, Jun 9, 2015 @ 8:45 pm | updated Tue, Jun 9, 2015 @ 8:46 pm

Mandarin two-way football star Aundre Kearney verbally committed to Miami on Tuesday night, continuing a trend of the Hurricanes picking the area clean of top linebacking prospects.
Kearney, a sophomore linebacker and running back, announced his commitment on Twitter. He rushed for 767 yards and nine touchdowns last season, and had 90 tackles and nine sacks. He was a second team All-First Coast selection for a Mustangs team that came up one win short of a playoff berth in District 1-8A.

“I committed to the university of Miami because the location is close to my family and the campus is beautiful and they study in what I major [sports medicine] and I love the relationship with the coaching staff,” Kearney said.

For as seldom as the Hurricanes used to recruit the First Coast – Miami signed just six area products between 1999-2013 – they have picked up the pace considerably under coach Al Golden.

The Hurricanes signed linebacker Darrion Owens of Oakleaf in 2014 and Trinity Christian two-way lineman Kendrick Norton last February. Miami already has pledges from 2016 area linebackers Shaq Quarterman (Oakleaf) and Mike Pinckney (Raines).

1540705.jpg

Jun 09, 2015 | 01:32 pm
KEARNEY ENDS HIS RECRUITMENT IN CORAL GABLES
Corey BenderCorey Bender
Florida Recruiting Analyst

Aundre Kearney, a two-way standout who's poised to suit up at outside linebacker on the collegiate level, became the University of Miami's sixth commitment in the class of 2017 on Tuesday evening.

A two-way standout of Jacksonville (Fla.) Mandarin, rising junior Aundre Kearney make the trek down to Coral Gables on Tuesday to get another taste of Al Golden's program at the University of Miami, and left campus as the latest member in the Hurricanes' 2017 recruiting haul.

Kearney, 6-foot, 215 pounds, will be lacing up the cleats and competing for a spot at outside linebacker once it's time for him to pick up and move to Miami-Dade County.

"I was there last year and I took a tour and stuff like that, but I didn't have a good feel for the school yet," Kearney said. "I went there this year and they started to know more about me. They saw me in camp and just loved what they saw.

"They took me around the school and I finally got to meet coach Al Golden. He introduced me to everyone and I got to see what the U is all about. They have my major as well, which is sports medicine."

Possessing additional offers from the likes of Rutgers, North Carolina, Illinois, Cincinnati, South Florida, Marshall and Florida Atlantic, Kearney is an athletic force that does a good job of shooting through the gaps and making an impact in the offensive backfield.

Kearney is relentless when pursuing the football, and light on his feet when dropping back in coverage and changing direction as well. Kearney is a well-rounded linebacker prospect who really excels in space.

"They sent me to the film room and I watched some highlights of their past season today," Kearney said. "They were showing me around where all of the football players eat, and had me try out the new helmets that are coming in as well. It was just an awesome time, man."

Despite making the early pledge, Kearney plans on camping with Georgia and North Carolina this summer.

Kearney becomes the U's sixth commitment in the class of 2017, as well as the third linebacker to join forces with the ACC program.

Canes pick up commitment from 2017 LB Aundre Ricardo-Kearney
The Miami Hurricanes got a commitment in their 2017 class from Jacksonville Mandarin linebacker Aundre Ricardo-Kearney.

The 6-0, 210-pound rising junior who first received the UM offer two months earlier was present at the Al Golden Football Camp on Sunday and decided to commit Tuesday.

Officially committed to the University Of Miami ������ #Canes #ItsAllAboutTheU

— Aundre Rico Kearney (@D1Dre7) June 9, 2015
Ricardo-Kearney says he grew up a Hurricane fan, has a great relationship with the coaches and likes that UM is a private school that offers a good sport management program.

The Hurricanes were his father’s favorite team and he had that fandom passed down to him. He says Michael Irvin and Ray Lewis are two of his biggest role models.

On his visit, Ricardo-Kearney loved the beach and surrounding area to campus but also came away impressed with UM’s facilities.

“They have the Canes Zone – where all the football players eat – the locker room, the weight room, the strengthening facilities. It’s great. They’re even building a new hospital on campus,” Ricardo-Kearney said. “That was a big part of my decision. I was like, ‘They take care of you.’”

Ricardo-Kearney becomes Miami's sixth commitment in the Class of 2017 and third linebacker, joining Fort Lauderdale Dillard's Tyler Dunning and Miami Central's Waynmon Steed.

He was also strongly considering UNC, Marshall, Illinois and Cincinnati out of a group of 11 total offers.

He plans on visiting UNC on June 20 and is contemplating whether he will still visit Marshall.

Ricardo-Kearney adds that Florida and Georgia are two schools currently showing interest but who haven’t offered yet, but he’s calling himself “solid” to Miami and says it won’t be easy for another school to get him to flip.

“That school would have to offer me a treasure and a rainbow,” he says.

Ricardo-Kearney plays both outside linebacker and running back but is being recruited at outside linebacker.

CG7hh8HVIAAGq__.jpg

CHEVqDzUcAIGRVs.jpg

Click to Enlarge

6/9/15 - added Aundre Ricardo Kearney

Aundre Rico Kearney (@D1Dre7)
Tyler Dunning (@44_dc_)
Bentavious Thompson (@Harlem_BenO)
Robert Burns (@RobertBurns_)
Kadeem Telfort (@Nosackzone___)
Waynmon Steed Jr. (‏@TheyEnvyWayne)
Daewood Davis (@daewood_davis)

Last edited:
1537794.jpg

247 | Twitter | Rivals | ESPN

Daewood Davis
Fort Lauderdale, FL (Somerset Academy Charter)
Wide Receiver
Ht: 6-2
Wt: 170
CLASS OF 17

Wide Receiver
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Somerset Academy
View Map
Ht:6'2"
Wt:176 lbs
40:4.38 secs
Class:2017 (High School)

CGfmGubW0AAOv85.jpg

Somerset Academy 2017 WR Daewood Davis commits to Miami

Miami added a receiver to its 2017 class late Thursday evening.
By Ryan S. Clark contact the reporter

An unknown to many, Somerset Academy 2017 WR Daewood Davis made his presence known Thursday evening when he committed to Miami.

The 6-foot-2, 180-pound receiver has not been rated by either 247 Sports or Rivals but has reportedly ran a 40-yard dash of 4.4 seconds. Davis said via Twitter he was going to commit to Miami, one of 16 programs who offered him. Others include Duke, Nebraska and North Carolina State.

Davis becomes the seventh player committed to Miami's 2017 class and the second from Broward County. He joins Dillard four-star linebacker Tyler Dunning as the other.

His commitment, although it is for the 2017 class, is the latest in what has been a busy June for Miami.

The Hurricanes received a commitment from Oxbridge Academy 2016 RB Travis Homer on May 31, the day the school hosted its first on-campus 7-on-7 tournament. Homer's commitment gave Miami four commits at the position for the 2016 class.

That number fell to three on Tuesday when Pahokee running back McArthur Burnett decommitted.

Jun 11, 2015 | 05:34 pm
SPEEDY DAEWOOD DAVIS COMMITS TO THE U
Corey BenderCorey Bender

Local wide receiver Daewood Davis has had the Miami Hurricanes out front for quite sometime, and the big-play threat out of the 2017 class took it a step further and verbally committed to Al Golden's program late Thursday evening.

Daewood Davis won't be traveling far to live out his collegiate years, as the big-play wide receiver out of Pembroke Pines (Fla.) Someset Academy Charter made a verbal commitment to the nearby University of Miami late Thursday night.

Davis, 6-foot-2, 175 pounds, selected Al Golden's program over a flurry of additional scholarship offers, including Louisville, NC State, Nebraska, Syracuse, Utah and Marshall. The Broward County native becomes the U's seventh commitment in the class of 2017.

"It feels good to be committed," Davis said. "I choose Miami because I really like the program and I can better myself there. It's very cool that my family gets to see me ball out."

The rising junior is familiar with the majority of the Hurricanes' 2017 commitments, and is thrilled to become the latest piece to the puzzle in Coral Gables.

"I recently spoke with coach Al at the camp and the class is excellent so far," Davis said. "I know a lot of the players in my class."
Davis is a kid that emerged on the recruiting scene shortly after the 2014 season, and it didn't take long for the offers to start pouring in on a weekly basis.

Possessing legit 4.4 speed, Davis shows good body control and concentration when tracking the football through the air. After reeling in the catch, he shows good burst and a second gear in the open field as well. Davis has to continue to hit the weight room and strengthen up his frame leading up to college.

Corey Bender ‏@Corey_Bender 23s23 seconds ago
2017 Pembroke Pines (Fla.) Somerset Academy WR Daewood Davis tells me he's committed to #Miami : Scout Recruiting - National Signing Day Coverage, Latest Commits, Top Prospects and More Front Page …
@daewood_davis #TheU

Click to Enlarge

6/11/15 - added Daewood Davis

Aundre Rico Kearney (@D1Dre7)
Tyler Dunning (@44_dc_)

Last edited:
6_3614014.jpg

hudl | 247 | Rivals | Scout |twitter

#3 Junior TE/DE

TRE MCKITTY
Tampa Catholic High Varsity Football, Tampa, FL

Jun 16, 2015 | 03:39 pm
MCKITTY COULDN'T SAY NO THE U
Corey BenderCorey Bender

While in the midst of a campus tour on the University of Miami's campus on Tuesday, tight end Tre McKitty saw enough and decided that the best decision was to pull the trigger and commit to Al Golden's program in Coral Gables. The seventh commitment in the Hurricanes' class of 2017, the 6-foot-4, 225-pound McKitty is equipped with several Power Five offers in addition to Miami.

One student-athlete that's certainly proved his worth this offseason is Tre McKitty, a 6-foot-4, 225-pound tight end out of Tampa (Fla.) Catholic who's oozing with potential and athleticism heading into his junior campaign with the Crusaders.

A high-character individual off the field as well, McKitty has been flashing his skill-set at 7-on-7 events and camps since making the switch from Wesley Chapel (Fla.) High earlier this offseason.
Collegiate programs have began to take notice and are enamored with McKitty's size and athleticism combo for a prospect sailing into their junior year, including Miami. The Hurricanes played host to the Tampa native and his family on Tuesday, and struck gold when McKitty decided to throw up the U and commit while still on their campus.

McKitty, Miami's seventh commitment in the class of 2017, has additional offers on the table from the likes of Florida, Kentucky, Auburn, Tennessee, North Carolina, Wake Forest, South Florida, Duke and Cincinnati.

TRE MCKITTY
Tampa Catholic HS / 6'3.5" / 219 lbs
POSITION
TE
COMMITTED

"They first showed me around the places and trophy room," McKitty said. "I had a long talk with head academics guy, and we spoke about how classes go, tutoring, schedules and how much time I would be spending there.

"We watched all of the players work out in the weight room, and we also went out to the field and watched them go through their practice. They took me around the whole campus, lunchroom, just everything. I talked to coach Golden and the rest of the coaches, so everything was good."

It wasn't just one thing on the visit that had McKitty flirting with the idea of extending his stay in the Sunshine State and committing to the Hurricanes.

"Just the history of the place and the education is really good," McKitty said. "The coaching, I've had a good relationship with them since they offered me. Just how they use their tight ends and push players into the NFL. I liked the area where it's at as well. It's a great opportunity for my family and I."

As animated as McKitty was to come to a decision on his college career, Al Golden's coaching staff couldn't hold back their excitement and were brimming with joy when McKitty presented them with the pleasant news.

"I was in his office and I was trying to make a decision with my family," McKitty said. "The coaches walked out of the room and we sat in there for 20 minutes talking, but then I told them when they walked back in.

"They freaked out and all of the coaches shook my hand and introduced themselves. It was all good."

McKitty's best playing days are certainly still ahead of him. He flashes potential at defensive end as well, but his ability to pick up ground for a player of his stature has absorbed the attention of several colleges.

The rising senior has to continue to get stronger and season up all aspects of his game, but has the makings of a mismatch problem in the University of Miami's aerial attack.
McKitty is a future four-star prospect on Scout.

@t_mckitty
HEIGHT: 6'4"
WEIGHT: 225lbs
40YD DASH: 4.65
SHUTTLE: 4.50
100M: 11.3

TE Tre’ McKitty commits to Miami Hurricanes
June 16, 2015
Matt Porter

Miami identified a top tight end prospect for 2017 and secured an early commitment.

While on a campus visit Tuesday, Tampa-area recruit Tre’ McKitty gave his word to UM coaches and announced it on Twitter.

CHp4HyGUsAAcfjj.jpg
CHpISJ8WoAIigSr-3c1df49db06dba295df71863ffe1ac6c.jpg

Thank you to all the coaches But after talking with my family I'm blessed to be able to say I have committed to TheU���� pic.twitter.com/yJ6nZcDOBx

— Tre' mckitty (@T_mckitty) June 16, 2015

McKitty, listed at 6-foot-4 and 220 pounds, plays tight end and defensive end for Tampa Catholic. He is also being heavily recruited by Auburn and Florida, according to 247Sports.

He is the seventh rising junior to commit to UM, and the fourth offensive player. The Hurricanes also count running backs Robert Burns and Bentavious Thompson and offensive tackle Kadeem Telfort in the 2017 class, which is rated No. 3 nationally by 247Sports.

McKitty has not been rated by recruiting services at this point in his high school career.

6_3614017.jpg

2017 TE McKitty Commits To Miami
David Lake - 7 hours ago 5
(Photo: Keith Niebuhr , 247Sports)
2017 Tampa Catholic tight end Tre' McKitty has committed to the University of Miami.

McKitty (6-4, 220) visited Miami on Tuesday and gave his pledge to the Hurricanes on that trip.

Thank you to all the coaches But after talking with my family Im blessed to be able to say I have committed to TheU���� pic.twitter.com/yJ6nZcDOBx
— Tre' mckitty (@T_mckitty) June 16, 2015

McKitty played on both sides of the ball as a sophomore last season. He finished with 11 catches for 138 yards and two touchdowns on offense. Defensively, he totaled 41 tackles, four tackles for loss, and 3.5 sacks. McKitty has been clocked at a 4.65 in the 40.

McKitty is the seventh commit Miami has in their 2017 class. He is the first tight end that the Hurricanes have added in 2017.

McKitty chose the Hurricanes over offers from Florida, Auburn, Cincinnati, Duke, Kentucky, Mississippi State, North Carolina, and Tennessee.

CC9bCiSUEAECZP9.jpg

McKitty flexing, Daquon Green in middle, Nate Craig throwing up the U.

Last edited:
This time last year:

Our Swag16 class really start building last year around this time after our only commitment at the time flipped to Florida with 7 early commits between June 21 to July 22. 6 of them are still committed and who I really consider to be the core of this class. With exception of Pickney they are for the most part the most highly rated guys in the class.

Swag16 Timeline:
6/14/14 Gardner - Our 1st commit from the class of 2016 flipped to the Gators
6/21/14 Pickney Committed
6/23/14 Alison - Committed
6/25/14 Shaq - Committed
7/4/14 Mullins - Committed
7/8/14 Bruce - Committed on WQAM
7/12/14 Snelson - Committed then later de-committed in Dec.
7/22/14 Richards- Committed

For the Squad17 class, we already have 8 guys committed and it's not even 6/21 yet. Hopefully these guys will gel and stick together to form a strong bond and be the core of the 2017 class.

This is very surprising considering we should have room for a small class of maybe only 15-20.

Here is how our class Chart should project in 2017.

Offense: Commits: (5) Returnees: (35) Losses: (10)
QB:
Commits (0):
Returnees (4): Kaaya (Sr), Rosier (rJr), Shirreffs (rSo), Alison (rFr/So)
Losses (1): Crow

RB/FB:
Commits (2): Burns, Thompson
Returnees (6): Yearby (Sr), Gray (Sr), Walton (So), Rasul (rFr/So), Homer (rFr/So), Moss (rFr/So)
Losses (2): Gus, Tucker

TE:
Commits (1): McKitty
Returnees (4): Herndon (Sr), Washington (rJr), Njoku (rJr), Hinson (rFr/So)
Losses (1): Dobard

WR:
Commits (2): Davis, Gamble
Returnees (8): Berrios (Sr), Brady (Sr), Langham (rJr), Cager (rSo), Mullins (rFr/So), Bruce (rFr/So), Richards (rFr/So), Henderson (rFr/So)
Losses (3): Coley, Lewis, Jones

OL:
Commits (1): Telfort
Returnees (13): Linder (Sr), Darling (Sr), Odogwu (rSr), Knighton (rSr), Jones (Sr), McDermott (rJr), Grimsley (rJr), Brown (rJr), Milo (Jr), St. Louis (Jr), Loftus (rSo), Mahoney (rSo), Gauthier (rSo)
Losses (3): Isidora, Gall

Defense: Commits: (3) Returnees: (38) Losses: (7)
DT:
Commits (0):
Returnees (7): Moten (Sr), Jenkins (Sr), Aime (Sr), Fines (rSo), Norton (rSo), McIntosh (rSo), Pulley (rFr/So)
Losses (2): Hamilton, Moore

DE:
Commits (0):
Returnees (11): AQM (rSr), Thomas (Sr), Harris (Sr), Willis (rJr), Jackson (rJr), Smith (rJr), Patchan (Jr), Gordinier (rSo), Jackson (rFr/So), Nelson (rFr/So), Uche (rFr/So)
Losses (0):

LB:
Commits (3): Steed, Dunning, Kearney
Returnees (9): Young (Sr), Owens (Sr), Gayot (Sr), Perry (Jr), McCray (rJr), King (rSo), Quarterman (rFr/So), Pinckney (rFr/So), McCloud (rFr/So)
Losses (1): Grace

S:
Commits (0):
Returnees (4): Johnson (Jr), Knowles (rSo/Jr), Wright (rFr/So), Pierre (rFr/So)
Losses (2): Carter, Jenkins

CB:
Commits (0):
Returnees (7): Mayes (rJr), M. Jackson (rSo/Jr), Redwine (rSo/Jr), Henley (rSo/Jr), Byrd (rFr/So), Wiggins (rFr/So), D. Jackson(rFr/So)
Losses (2): Burns, Elder

We will have 73 scholarship players + a K & P which brings the total number up to 75. We have room for only 10 if no one leaves the team prematurely in the next 2½ years.

A typical scholarship distribution should look something like this. () shows how many we will have in 2017 based on our current roster.

Offense - 42 (35)
QB – 5 (4)
RB – 7 (6)
TE – 5 (4)
OL – 15 (13)
WR -10 (8)

Defense - 41 (38)
DE -7 (11)
DT – 7 (7)
LB – 12 (9)
S – 6 (4)
CB – 9 (7)

Special Teams - 2 (2)
K – 1 (1)
P – 1 (1)

2017Squad061615.jpg

6/16/15 - added Tre McKitty

Aundre Kearney (@D1Dre7)
Tyler Dunning (@44_dc_)
Tre McKitty (@T_mckitty)
Kemore Gamble (@kemoregamble15)

Last edited:
Advertisement
1476647.jpg

hudl | 247 | Rivals | Scout | ESPN

KEMORE GAMBLE
Southridge Varsity Football, Miami, FL

HEIGHT: 6'3"
WEIGHT: 206 lbs
SHUTTLE: 4.44
VERTICAL: 30.9"
POWER BALL: 34'
40YD DASH: 4.65
BENCH PRESS: 205lbs
SQUAT: 345lbs
400M: 51.8

Wednesday, Jun 17, 2015 4:23 pm
4-Star 2017 WR Kemore Gamble Commits To Miami
Dan Lyons

According to a report by 247Sports’ Ryan Bartow, Al Golden has added yet another top player to the 2017 class, in four-star receiver Kemore Gamble.

Breaking: 4-star WR Kemore Gamble commits to #Miami . @kemoregamble15 [MENTION=9957]jcs[/MENTION]hurburtt
— Ryan Bartow (@RyanBartow) June 17, 2015

Gamble, a Miami native, is listed a 6-foot-3, 200 pounds. His commitment comes after camping at Miami back on June 6. He also holds offers from Louisville, Rutgers, Syracuse, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and others.

With this commitment, Miami has eight players in its 2017 class, which currently ranks third nationally.

CG15DyeWwAIzSA5.jpg

2/21/15 - Offer
B-YD-wvIUAAkqL7.jpg

Kenmore Gamble (6'3", 200 pounds) visited campus today and landed an offer from Miami. He now has six offers, including ones from Louisville and West Virginia.

Feb 06, 2015 | 10:34 am
GAMBLE POSSESSES A QUARTET OF OFFERS
Corey BenderCorey Bender

A big-bodied wide receiver at 6-foot-3, 210-pounds, sophomore standout Kemore Gamble has reeled in four scholarship offers thus far.

With two seasons of prep football under his belt, sophomore wide receiver Kemore Gamble recently took his talents to Miami Southridge after manufacturing a pair of productive seasons at Coral Gables Senior High School.

Gamble shows impressive hands and concentration for such a young receiver, and is a red zone threat with legitimate size and ball skills at 6-foot-3, 210-pounds. Gamble isn't the type of receiver that's going to blow the top off a defense, but he's a consistent target who gets separation and moves the chains.

KEMORE GAMBLE
Miami Southridge HS / 6'2.5" / 206 lbs
POSITION: WR

While he's still in the infant stages of the recruiting process, Gamble is responsible for a quartet of scholarship offers and is poised to register several more with the spring evaluation period approaching.

"I just transferred from Coral Gables and now I go to Southridge," Gamble said. "Right now, I got offers from West Virginia, Cincinnati. Wisconsin and Temple. Clemson, Alabama and Tennessee are showing interest."

The up-and-coming pass catcher has aspirations to get out and visit as many schools as he can prior to his senior campaign, but has made it a priority to get a glimpse of the lone BCS school that has presented a scholarship offer.

"I want to see a lot of schools, but I want to go to West Virginia," Gamble said. "I want to see how it is there and I like their offense."

Gamble, who has yet to anoint a leader in his recruitment early on, is a lifelong fan of the Florida Gators out of the SEC.

"I grew up a fan of the Florida Gators," Gamble said. "I'd be happy (if they offered me)."

Last edited:
2017Squad061715.jpg

6/17/2015 - added Kemore Gamble

Aundre Kearney (@D1Dre7)
Tyler Dunning (@44_dc_)
Tre McKitty (@T_mckitty)

Last edited:
2914976_86b35e45fc484974b9db6b3309adf286.jpg
hudl | 247 | Twitter

#24 Junior RB
TRACE CHRISTIAN
Lake Brantley Varsity Football, Altamonte Springs, FL

@tcritt3
HEIGHT:6'1"
WEIGHT: 212lbs
40YD DASH: 4.60
SHUTTLE: 4.15
VERTICAL: 32"
BENCH PRESS: 280lbs
SQUAT: 450lbs

IJ0W_Christian_10_5_14.jpg

Trace Christian excited about latest offers from UCF, Miami
By Chris Hays
Orlando Sentinel

2017 RB Trace Christian excited about latest offers from UCF, Miami
Trace Christian's offers are from Miami, UCF, NC State, Kentucky, Illinois

Trace Christian doesn't want to make one scholarship offer seem more important than another, especially at the early stages of his recruitment.

But it was difficult for Christian, a 2017 running back at Lake Brantley, to contain his enthusiasm after state schools Miami and UCF offered on back-to-back days this week.

UCF was the latest as wide receivers coach Sean Beckton stopped by practice Wednesday and he liked what he saw, offering a scholarship to the 6-foot-1, 205-pound Christian through Coach George Clayton.

"It feels great to have a hometown school offer me and it feels great to have an in-state offer," Christian said.

Of course, he has two in-state offers now.

"It's early for me and I still have two years to decide, but staying in town could be an option. It's just kind of hard to tell this early. I want to have my mind open to other colleges and I want to see what's the best fit for me."

Miami running backs coach Tim Harris was at practice on Tuesday, and he too liked what Christian showed.

"It was very exciting. I grew up watching Miami and hearing about The U and it was just amazing seeing Coach Harris out at practice," Christian said. "It's unreal. Miami is a big school and I feel like that is really a cool opportunity."

Miami and UCF join the other early schools courting the rising junior, with NC State being the first on board, followed by Kentucky and Illinois.

In a short period of time the word has started to spread about the abilities of Christian, who joined backfield mate Tim Marinan and quarterback Jared Bernhardt, both rising seniors, as a 1,000-yard rushers a year ago. Christian had 1,016 yards and nine touchdowns.

"It's a relief, but it's also a motivation," Christian said of his offers. "It's motivating me to work harder and I have this mindset that I want to be the best I can be. I want to go to a program and show out and contribute.

"Of course I'm still reppin' Lake Brantley right now and I'm all about our team bouncing back and I'm going to be working so hard this summer to make sure our team is straight and ready to go in the fall."

At his point for Christian, he at least has the peace of mind knowing that someone will be paying for his education and the reassurance that coaches believe he can play at the highest level of college football.

"It's kind of hard to realize that at first, but it's definitely setting in for me now, that I'm going to have the opportunity to play football at the next level," Christian said. "It's just something that has been in my head since I was 6 or 7 years old watching football and telling my parents, 'I want to play college football one day.' It's definitely a great feeling."

Lake Brantley RB Trace Christian offered by NC State
By Chris Hays
Orlando Sentinel

Lake Brantley 2017 running back Trace Christian talks about his first scholarship offer from NC State.

Lake Brantley 2017 RB Trace Christian earns first offer from NC State
Trace Christian was one of 3 Lake Brantley players to rush for 1,000 yards this past season
Lake Brantley 2017 running back Trace Christian received his first college football scholarship offer from NC State on Wednesday.

"It's feels great," said Christian. "Coming in this year ... a lot of excitement and everything. Picked up the offer from NC State ... and it's just getting me focused for the season."

Christian, a 6-foot-1, 210-pound bruiser back with good speed, rushed for 1,016 yards and nine touchdowns this past season. He was one of three 1,000-yard rushers in Lake Brantley's triple-option attack, and he's looking for more this year.

"Me, Tim [Marinan] and Jared [Bernhardt] all rushed for 1,000 this last season, so 1,500 apiece this season," Christian said. "I'm trying to improve on that 3-7 season."

It's his first scholarship offer, but he's hoping more are on the near horizon.

"Kentucky's been looking at me and I went up to Wake Forest for their spring game, so just a couple of schools, but I bet with this first offer some more schools will be coming," Christian said.

He was offered by NC State defensive coordinator Dave Huxtable and running backs coach Des Kitchings. Christian is also good friend with NC State starting middle linebacker Jared Fernandez, a product of Lake Mary High. NC State landed a pair of Central Florida players in this past recruiting cycle with center T.J. McCoy of Groveland South Lake and linebacker Riley Nicholson of Kissimmee Osceola, both already enrolled.

Christian visited NC State this spring with Fernandez as his tour guide.

"NC State is a beautiful college and I really enjoyed that," Christian said.

Last edited:
1504949.jpg
hudl | 247 | ESPN | Twitter | Offer

#1 Junior DE TE
ZACHARY CARTER
Hillsborough Varsity Football, Tampa, FL

@_ZachAttacks
HEIGHT:6'5"
WEIGHT: 234lbs
40YD DASH: 5.24
SHUTTLE: 5.23
VERTICAL: 25"
POWER BALL: 36"

399974.jpg
Mar 26, 2015 | 10:28 am
2017 INTRO: ZACHARY CARTER
Corey Bender

Zachary Carter, a 6-foot-5, 235-pound defensive lineman out of Tampa (Fla.) Hillsborough, is put together like a sophomore in college, but he hasn't even started his junior year of high school.

Earl Garcia and Tampa (Fla.) Hillsborough will be sending off quarterback Dwayne Lawson to the Virginia Tech Hokies before you know it, but there's no denying the young talent that the Terriers currently have at their disposal, one being Zachary Carter.

Possessing sheer size at 6-foot-5, 235-pounds, the sophomore defensive lineman has active hands, as well as a motor that runs until the whistle is blown. Carter, who accumulated 73 tackles, 6.5 sacks and four pass deflections in 2014, is a load in the trenches that has the makings of a big-time prospect before it's all said and done.

"The offseason has been going good," Carter said. "I've been working out and trying to increase my speed, get stronger, just trying to become a better overall athlete. I have good strength and some moves, too."

The big-bodied defensive lineman has yet to reel in his first scholarship offer, but is garnering interest from a handful of programs on the recruiting trail early on.

(Schools showing interest are) Miami, Louisville, Colorado, Florida International and Florida Atlantic," Carter said.
Just in the infantile stages of his development as a football player, Carter has a chiseled frame and is very strong for a student-athlete of his age.

With two years of high school football left on his plate, Carter should continue to draw significant interest from a number of schools, especially with the spring evaluation period approaching.

"I'm going to Miami's camp, and I'm going on a bus tour to Florida, Alabama, Florida State, Auburn and more," Carter said. "The dream school is LSU."

Last edited:
Advertisement
Really awkward and surprising. Daewood just committed to Syracuse.....

Really weird considering he has not even visited there: Article

"I choose Syracuse because I had a dream that I was in a Syracuse jersey and we were in the national championship," Davis said. "After that, it just hit me and I thought Syracuse was the place for me.

"They also have the major that I want to major in, which is Criminal Justice. The other thing that really impressed me was the fan base."

Championship? I know it's been a while since Miami won one of their 5 national championships but Syracuse has its one and only national championship in 1959. The last time they finished in the top 10 was 1992 and last time they finished in the top 25 was 2001 when Miami had the #1 team. I know Miami fans are disspointed in the decline of the U since 2001, but Syracuse had a total of 3 winning seasons since 2001 all while in the Big East.

Criminal justice? I'm pretty sure every school has a criminal justice program that is filled with football players.

Fan base? They averaged 40,447 per game last season after going 3-9. The average for Football Bowl Subdivision schools is 43,483. Syracuse ranked 57th in the nation in home attendance. Only 10 Power 5 schools ranked lower. Miami averaged 52,518 on a 6-7 season.

Last edited:
Really awkward and surprising. Daewood just committed to Syracuse.....

Really weird considering he has not even visited there: Article

"I choose Syracuse because I had a dream that I was in a Syracuse jersey and we were in the national championship," Davis said. "After that, it just hit me and I thought Syracuse was the place for me.

"They also have the major that I want to major in, which is Criminal Justice. The other thing that really impressed me was the fan base."

Championship? I know it's been a while since Miami won one of their 5 national championships but Syracuse has its one and only national championship in 1959. The last time they finished in the top 10 was 1992 and last time they finished in the top 25 was 2001 when Miami had the #1 team. I know Miami fans are disspointed in the decline of the U since 2001, but Syracuse had a total of 3 winning seasons since 2001 all while in the Big East.

Criminal justice? I'm pretty sure every school has a criminal justice program that is filled with football players.

Fan base? They averaged 40,447 per game last season after going 3-9. The average for Football Bowl Subdivision schools is 43,483. Syracuse ranked 57th in the nation in home attendance. Only 10 Power 5 schools ranked lower. Miami averaged 52,518 on a 6-7 season.

lol, if he's picking Syracuse solely because he had a dream about being in the national championship game, he definitely will not be sticking. Plus, I'm pretty sure every single school has the major he wants to be.
There is no chance he sticks to syracuse if he has an offer from any Florida or SEC school, I don't care what he says.

Latavious Brini

View attachment 30805
hudl | 247 | Rivals | ESPN | Scout | Twitter

The Opening Miami held at American Heritage High School on February 28th, 2015
6' 1.5" 184 4.33 SH, 31 PB, 31.3 VJ

BrOK9OKCEAALo1a.jpg

Lot's of room to grow...

Mar 07, 2015 | 12:29 pm
Lengthy sophomore is an Owl
Corey Bender

Possessing elite size as just a sophomore, 6-foot-2 Hialeah Gardens (Fla.) Mater Academy Charter cornerback Latavious Brini is generating interest from some big-time programs early on, but opted to verbally commit to Temple just a few weeks ago.

Lengthy defensive backs that measure in at 6-foot-1 or taller are at a premium in today's day and age of recruiting. Latavious Brini, a 6-foot-2, 180-pound sophomore cornerback out of Hialeah Gardens (Fla.) Mater Academy Charter, passes the eye test and is an instinctual player that doesn't shy away from contact in the open field.

Brini, who wasted no time and verbally committed to the Temple Owls a few weeks back, is one of the next premier defensive backs out of South Florida that should reel in a number of BCS offers before it's all said and done.

"I had a great connection with the former coach that used to coach for Temple, Evan Cooper, Jr.," Brini said. "We had a great connection and he taught me as I was growing up at Champagnat High School. I already liked Temple and it's a pretty good academic school."
Although he possesses just a single offer from the AAC program, Brini has generated a buzz among a handful of additional programs, including Al Golden and the nearby Miami Hurricanes.

(Schools showing interest are) Michigan, Miami, Florida Atlantic, Cincinnati, Louisville, schools like that," Brini said.

Brini, who has no visits scheduled at this time, registered 25 tackles and a forced fumble in 2014.

Advertisement
1428586.jpg

Fred Hansard (hudl | Scout | Rivals | Twitter | 2/27/15)

FRED-HANSARD-150421-PRO.JPG

FRED HANSARD
The Hun School
POSITION: DT
HEIGHT/WEIGHT: 6'3"/290
HOME: Princeton, NJ

1547292.jpg

Jun 23, 2015 | 06:05 am
Standout Jersey DT Making B1G, ACC Visits
Brian Dohn
National Recruiting Analyst

Fred Hansard of Princeton (N.J.) The Hun School camped at Rutgers, picked up a Penn State offer and is planning a visit to Miami, and the 2017 defensive tackle spoke to Scout about all of it.

Fred Hansard is one of the most sought-after defensive tackles in the East in the 2017 class, and he had a busy weekend.

The Princeton (N.J.) Hun School standout camped at Rutgers on Friday, visited and was offered by Penn State on Saturday, and is planing a trip to Miami in the coming weeks.
As Hansard's recruitment moves forward, he spoke to Scout about what he likes in each of the schools, and the connections of his high school to Penn State and Miami.

Last edited:
2017SQUAD070215.jpg

Scout updated 2017 rankings:
114 RB: Robert Burns
159 Navaughn Donaldson
172 TE/DE: Tre McKitty
240 LB: Tyler Dunning

7/2/2015 - Removed Daewood Davis (@daewood_davis)

Aundre Kearney (@D1Dre7)
Tyler Dunning (@44_dc_)
Tre McKitty (@T_mckitty)

Last edited:
2017SQUAD071415.jpg

Updated with Rivals rankings

Rivals came out with their Top 250 for 2017:

116 Kemore Gamble WR (17)
134 Navaughn Donaldson (6)
165 Tre McKttty TE (3)
203 Robert Burns RB (10)
245 Tyler Dunning OLB (17)

178 Kadeem Telfort OT (19)

7/7/2015 - Removed Kadeem Telfort (@Nosackzone___)
7/2/2015 - Removed Daewood Davis (@daewood_davis)

Aundre Kearney (@D1Dre7)
Tyler Dunning (@44_dc_)
Tre McKitty (@T_mckitty)

Kadeem Telfort ®
‏@Nosackzone___
I've talked it over with my parents and we came to a decision that I will decommit from The University Of Miami.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436280099.344421.jpg

Last edited:
Advertisement
Scout and Rivals sleeping on Steed I see. Easily a 4* prospect at the minimum. 247 has him as a 4* though.

Saw that rivals has DeAndre Wilder a 3* too. smh.

Kearney a 4* prospect IMHO. Great blitzer, speed, explosiveness. Getting slept on like Pinckney is in 2016 cause he's from Jacksonville area.

Fact that Kearney is so effective as a RB too speaks levels to his athleticism.

Most people I have spoken to from Jacksonville area who watch HS football. Say that Pinckney is underrated on recruiting sites, that he should be a 4* and have heard the same for Kearney.

Love the LB's we have committed. Get Wilder in 2017 at that Hybrid SLB spot and close up shop at LB for 2016 and 2017 classes. We're set.

Great group already in Shaq, Zach, Mike, Dunning, Rico and Steed.

Getting a hybrid with the phenomenal speed like Wilder who has a legit 4.5 and running a 10.7 in the 100 meters to go along with his aggressiveness. Puts the icing on the cake.

2018 has some up and comers too at LB but thats a bit too far ahead. Get Wilder in 2017 and we'll go from there.

Last edited:
2017SQUAD072015.jpg

Updated with ESPN Football Recruiting - Player Rankings - ESPN

Commits:
#7 Robert Burns (@RobertBurns_)
#163 Navaughn Donaldson (@jd_55rb)
#166 Kemore Gamble (@kemoregamble15)
#225 Tyler Dunning (@44_dc_)
#251 Bentavious Thompson (@Harlem_BenO)
#271 Tre McKitty (@T_mckitty)
NR Aundre Kearney (@D1Dre7)
NR Waynmon Steed Jr. (‏@TheyEnvyWayne)

De-commits:
#222 Daewood Davis (@daewood_davis) - 7/2/2015 Syracuse
#289 Kadeem Telfort (@Nosackzone___) - 7/7/2015 Florida
NR Todd Centeio (@toddycenteio) - 5/22/15

Last edited:
CK4c7HuXAAAxVkC.png

247 | Rivals | hudl | ESPN | Twitter | Scout | Maxprep

Navaughn Donaldson
Miami, FL (Miami Central)

Offensive Tackle

Ht 6-5 Wt 300 CLASS OF 17

NAVAUGHN-DONALDSON-150313-PRO.JPG

2017SQUAD072615.jpg

Aundre Kearney (@D1Dre7)
Tyler Dunning (@44_dc_)
Tre McKitty (@T_mckitty)
Navaughn Donaldson (@jd_55rb)

Miami Hurricanes Recruiting: 4-Star OT Navaughn Donaldson commits to program
by Danny Jaillet. SI's FanSided

The Miami Hurricanes landed a commitment from four-star offensive tackle Navaughn Donaldson Sunday, giving them depth for 2017.

The Miami Hurricanes landed a big-time commitment for the future late Sunday. 2017 offensive tackle Navaughn Donaldson (Miami, FL. Miami Central) committed to the program, making the announcement via Twitter.

He notched seven offers in total with Florida State, Georgia, Illinois, Miami, North Carolina State, North Carolina, and Temple all vying for his services. In the end, he decided that he wanted to try to make a name for himself at Miami.

Twitter: Navaughn Donaldson @JD_55RB
Talking to family and decided to commit to the U
6:52 PM - 26 Jul 2015

On the Hurricane front, he attended a camp on June 20, and received an offer the same day. Sunday, he took a visit to Coral Gables and that appeared to be the final push and enough for Donaldson to make his decision.

With this commitment, the Hurricane ’17 class is very strong, touting eight total commitments, five of them four-star caliber players. The class itself ranks No. 2 in the country and No. 1 in the ACC per the 247Sports Team Rankings.

He goes by the moniker “Big Vaughn” and for good reason. At 6-foot-5, 300 pounds, he has the ability to push back the defenders and create holes for the running backs, which allows them to gain space and running room. Having a tackle that size will allow for the offense to be able to open up as in addition to his value on running plays, he should be able to buy the quarterback extra time in the pocket.

Miami scored a major victory today in Donaldson. Their 2017 class has the potential to put them in the thick of the ACC race, and for a program that has struggled in recent years, that is encouraging news.

Recruiting: OL who picked up Mark Richt picks Miami Hurricanes
July 26, 2015

Miami picked up a commitment from an offensive lineman who once picked up Georgia’s coach.

Navaughn Donaldson, who according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution made headlines in the recuriting world by bear-hugging Mark Richt when he earned a Georgia offer this summer, committed to the Hurricanes on Sunday.

Donaldson (6-foot-5, 300 pounds) is a junior offensive tackle at Miami Central High. He is a four-star prospect according to the 247Sports composite ratings and ranked No. 147 in the 2017 class. He is 22nd among offensive tackles and 22nd in Florida.

Last month, UM lost a commitment from three-star offensive tackle Kadeem Telfort, who flipped to Florida.

Miami’s 2017 class, which is rated No. 2 nationally and No. 1 in the ACC, now has eight commits.

In addition to Donaldson, the class is headlined by running back Robert Burns, athlete Kemore Gamble, linebacker Tyler Dunning and tight end Tre’ McKitty, all of whom are four-star prospects.

Last edited:
NICK_ROBERTS_140326_PRO.JPG

hudl | 247 | ESPN | Rivals

#2 Junior CB SB
NICK ROBERTS
Oakleaf High School Varsity Football, Orange Park, FL

@nr2__
HEIGHT: 5'11"
WEIGHT: 177lbs
40YD DASH: 4.45
BENCH PRESS: 260lbs
SQUAT: 415lbs

UKnowWhat on Nick Roberts Commitment:
Glad to see Nick commit...didn't want to be an influence... i told him a while back not to commit until he was certain... He is a baller I'm expecting him to be an inch taller 5'11 or 6'0 benching over 300 cleaning 300 and low 4.4 before getting to the U

Nick Roberts Is Headed to the U
By Corey Bender, Scout/FoxSports Florida Recruiting Analyst
Aug 09, 2015 | 10:36 am

Nick Roberts, a 5-foot-11, 175-pound cornerback out of Orange Park (Fla.) Oakleaf, becomes commitment No. 9 in Miami's 2017 recruiting haul.

Another defensive standout out of Orange Park (Fla.) Oakleaf is off the board and committed to Al Golden and the University of Miami. Nick Roberts, a 5-foot-11, 175-pound defensive back who's about to kick off his junior campaign, is currently in Coral Gables for the Hurricanes' U Day and made his college decision known Sunday afternoon.

In addition to Miami, Roberts has scooped up a handful of scholarship offers from South Carolina, Penn State, Cincinnati and Maryland among others. Roberts' teammate and big-time 2016 linebacker, Shaq Quarterman, is a Miami commit that's already signed a grant-in-aid agreement with the Hurricanes.

A number of different things factored into Roberts' early pledge, including Miami's rich tradition and ability to send player after player to the NFL ranks. He loves the city of Miami and says he'll be playing "football in paradise" as well. The U was the total package for this defender out of Clay County.

Roberts is a well-rounded prospect that does a little bit of everything in the secondary. The three-star prospect is a striker that racked up 63 total tackles (41 solo) a season ago. Roberts was just as effective in pass coverage and recorded an eye-popping seven interceptions as well.

Roberts has active hands and does a good job of prying the football loose. I like his ability to locate and track the football through the air as well. He needs to continue working on his back pedal, but is an overall good pickup for Al Golden's staff. Roberts becomes commitment No. 9 in Miami's 2017 recruiting haul.

Miami Beats Out Florida, Lands Commitment From 2017 Cornerback Nick Roberts
Andrew Holleran

Nick Roberts, a three-star cornerback in the 2017 class, has committed to Miami.

The 5-foot-11, 175-pound prospect out of Orange Park, Fla., is a top-40 player at his position according to 247 Sports’ Composite Rankings. He chose the Hurricanes over Florida, among other programs.

Roberts announced his commitment on Twitter.

I’ve Verbally Committed To The University Of Miami #SQUAD17 #Canes #TheU /p>— Youngen2⃣ (@nr2__) August 9, 2015

Miami’s 2017 class is shaping up to be a very good one. The Hurricanes now have nine commitments in their class, which is ranked the No. 2 class in the country by 247 Sports.

2017SQUAD082015.jpg

Aundre Kearney (@D1Dre7)
Tyler Dunning (@44_dc_)
Tre McKitty (@T_mckitty)
Navaughn Donaldson (@jd_55rb)
Nick Roberts(@nr2__)

Last edited:
Advertisement