China sold Spain bad test kits

JD08

Evidence based and data driven

TheOriginalCane

All ACC
For all the people who are so critical, this is the reason countries like to develop their own. They were promised 80% accuracy and got 305

Imagine that for a second. The CDC had to redo test kits because they might give false positives and Spain was cool with 80% accuracy.

https://www.businessinsider.com/cor...id-tests-sent-from-china-missing-cases-2020-3

Just stop it.

There is a difference between "developing your own" and "buying them from a guy on the street".

F China.

What I have consistently mentioned is that there were "WHO-approved kits". What that means is that WHO created a blueprint, a recipe if you will. WHO does NOT manufacture the kits, they work with third-party manufacturers.

What the CDC did is to NOT use the WHO-approved blueprint. A blueprint that is "perfect" (to quote Trump). There is not a single country which has reported problems with the WHO-approved blueprint.

But the CDC did not use that WHO-approved blueprint to produce kits and tests in the US. Instead, they spent nearly two weeks developing their own. And in addition to THOSE two weeks of delay, the first CDC-approved kits were DEFECTIVE.

So if you want to compare apples to apples, please find an article where any country that used the WHO-approved blueprint, or the 60 countries that accepted WHO-approved/third-party-manufactured kits, encountered the same level of defects and the 2-4 weeks of delay that the United States did.

We are trying to compare the US approach to the WHO approach, and you are mucking up that comparison by using a country that bought garbage from China.

JD08

Evidence based and data driven
Just stop it.

There is a difference between "developing your own" and "buying them from a guy on the street".

F China.

What I have consistently mentioned is that there were "WHO-approved kits". What that means is that WHO created a blueprint, a recipe if you will. WHO does NOT manufacture the kits, they work with third-party manufacturers.

What the CDC did is to NOT use the WHO-approved blueprint. A blueprint that is "perfect" (to quote Trump). There is not a single country which has reported problems with the WHO-approved blueprint.

But the CDC did not use that WHO-approved blueprint to produce kits and tests in the US. Instead, they spent nearly two weeks developing their own. And in addition to THOSE two weeks of delay, the first CDC-approved kits were DEFECTIVE.

So if you want to compare apples to apples, please find an article where any country that used the WHO-approved blueprint, or the 60 countries that accepted WHO-approved/third-party-manufactured kits, encountered the same level of defects and the 2-4 weeks of delay that the United States did.

We are trying to compare the US approach to the WHO approach, and you are mucking up that comparison by using a country that bought garbage from China.
You're inferring something I'm not implying.

We have the resources and technology to develop accurate test kits, not every country does, so they have to compromise and accept what's available. Add in the fact that Spain is broke, so they probably went cheap. I have no idea if the China kits were WHO approved.

Not everything revolves around Trump.

Just stop it.

F China.

Entrenched government bureaucrats protecting their turf. Most probably not even scientists but administrators.

Thanks for pointing out how we have to radically alter the entire structure of the US government bureaucracy and go through a serious downsizing of people just collecting paychecks.

Umfuture

Sophomore
Never buy anything from those communist gooks. Hell I was over there long time ago and the were stewing cardboard down, adding a beef flavor to it then gravy and serving it as chipped beef. The tilapia fish they breed in large man made ponds are feed dried human feces as that feed is so cheep with over a billion of them no joke then exported overseas.

randolph herndon

Freshman
You're inferring something I'm not implying.

We have the resources and technology to develop accurate test kits, not every country does, so they have to compromise and accept what's available. Add in the fact that Spain is broke, so they probably went cheap. I have no idea if the China kits were WHO approved.

Not everything revolves around Trump.
China virtually owns the WHO. That present president of the WHO was just spouting off Communist disinformation from December through the end February of the Corana not being contagious by human contact. Look it up.

jkaz1

Senior
Ethiopia has had a lot of help building up their manufacturing base from the Chinese.

I'm sure the president of the WHO is acting perfectly objectively.

China virtually owns the WHO. That present president of the WHO was just spouting off Communist disinformation from December through the end February of the Corana not being contagious by human contact. Look it up.

CarolCityHigh

Freshman
Knew well a woman that was a fashion buyer for US companies. When she traveled to China ate only at the Hilton where she stayed. Everywhere she went into factories, etc. they had a Communist agent that spoke English with here 100% of the time as they are so paranoid of the west. People that ate outside western owned hotels often developed the shitz from the food. One woman western woman was eating a meat on a stick in a market place and when she asked through an interpreter what it was she found out it was roasted monkey.

Freshman
A friend spent time working for the United Nations UNESCO organization is Africa. He told me the Chinese are working on establishing a power grid from the west coast to the east coast of central Africa. Those countries cannot pay for it so the Chinese have made deals with those governments- some of them corrupt dictatorships--for vast amounts mineral and other natural recourse wealth and access to those counties on an unprecedented level.
Their goal is to dominate the world economy by 2030-2035, he said while the US is so hung up on PC #$*(^&^$ the Chinese are establishing world control.

No_Fly_Zone

Sophomore
Never buy anything from those communist gooks. Hell I was over there long time ago and the were stewing cardboard down, adding a beef flavor to it then gravy and serving it as chipped beef. The tilapia fish they breed in large man made ponds are feed dried human feces as that feed is so cheep with over a billion of them no joke then exported overseas.
Pretty unnecessary. By all means, sh!t on the communist Chinese government, their authoritarianism, their total disrespect for patent/copyright/trademark laws, their apparent disregard for their own citizens, and their lies to the global community in the face of an epidemic (when the truth could have literally saved lives). But try and direct the focus on the problem without the slur.

stb

Sophomore
Pretty unnecessary. By all means, sh!t on the communist Chinese government, their authoritarianism, their total disrespect for patent/copyright/trademark laws, their apparent disregard for their own citizens, and their lies to the global community in the face of an epidemic (when the truth could have literally saved lives). But try and direct the focus on the problem without the slur.
when they star playing the game fairly then I will consider the proper language...this PC crap is sickening to our enemies….what they hell are they then Africans, Englishmen, Latins running the communist party over there?

NC_Canes_11

Recruit
They also “gifted” thousands of tests to the Czechs as well. 80% of those didn’t work either. Notice a pattern?

Also the WHO is a propaganda arm of the CCP. You shouldn’t believe anything that comes from that organization.

Freshman
In Nam in 1970 the Cong along NVA with Chinese advisors were supplying SKS carbines. Chinese grenades and various mines were all Chinese communist supplied. Many of my friends were **** and so fatally. I will not kiss their ass with this PC BS.

randolph herndon

Freshman
In Nam in 1970 the Cong along NVA with Chinese advisors were supplying SKS carbines. Chinese grenades and various mines were all Chinese communist supplied. Many of my friends were **** and so fatally. I will not kiss their ass with this PC BS.
had a relative badly injured by one of those Chinese communist made gook rocket propelled grenades. When the play straight then I will. Never kiss and enemies ass kick it.

No_Fly_Zone

Sophomore
First, thank you for your service.

That being said, I am not sure your anger is being properly directed. I suspect many of the individuals in China who sold the Viet Cong the grenades and mines that were used to frag your friends and other Americans are dead (as that particular war ended nearly 45 years ago).

I'd also point out that about 35K Asian-Americans were deployed during the Vietnam war, and I'm sure some of those guys ended up fatally wounded, like your friends. I would bet they wouldn't appreciate the word "gook," either.

If you want to support the use of the phrase "Communist Gook," which is definitively a racist slur, that's ultimately on you. If you truthfully believe that not calling someone a clear racial slur is somehow equivalent to "kissing their a$$," that's on you, too. I sincerely doubt I will be able to convince a fully formed man your age about much of anything.

Thankfully, I live in a country where men like you (and my uncles who also served in Vietnam) fought and bled so that the rest of us can have the freedom to respond to overt racism and call it what it is -- a bunch of racist horsesh!t that should make you feel some sort of shame (that you clearly aren't capable of) about the fact you apparently can't tell the difference between "PC BS" and racist hate speech.

No_Fly_Zone

Sophomore
when they star playing the game fairly then I will consider the proper language...this PC crap is sickening to our enemies….what they hell are they then Africans, Englishmen, Latins running the communist party over there?
They are very clearly Chinese. But if you think avoiding the word "gook" to describe a Chinese or Asian person is "PC crap," then I feel sorry for you, any offspring you may have, and the individuals who you spout this stuff to (though I suspect you are more careful when the anonymity of the internet isn't there to protect you).

Last edited: