Charles Perry EE?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
This staff hates redshirting players.

Bet he plays next year.

Even if it is in garbage time or strictly special teams and wastes his redshirt before he is ready like so many on this roster(Gayot, Gray, Moten, Chad Thomas are just a few who obviously were not ready this year and wasted a redshirt) b/c Golden makes promises to all these kids to secure their commitment and then he wastes a crucial developmental year for these kids.

Of course all these kids think they are ready to start day one as a true freshman, when in reality very few of them can play at a high level as freshmen, and playing too early just hurts their chances of fully developing and getting a better shot at the NFL.

BTW I am a big fan of Perry's and think he is very underrated and could be a big time LB for us in a few years.

we didnt have depth. i mean they have made mistakes. I thin gray, brady, and gayot should have been redshirted but we didnt have the best depth either. They redshirted 16 guys this year. there are times i get it wrong too. I thought Jenkins was a project and he played pretty well for a freshman

Advertisement
You usually see what you got out of a player in the first 4 games in that regard(whether to redshirt him and develop or use him b/c you need him)

We literally wasted a crucial developmental year for Chad Thomas, Trent Harris, Anthony Moten, Gayot, Brady, Gray and almost Berrios(but he played well and earned reps).

The only reason I had Berrios up there was b/c we were stacked at WR this year and didn't need him, but he beat out older guys and looked great early in the season before hitting the "Freshman wall"(Yearby kind of hit it after his injury).

McDermott, Linder and Darling all played great as True Fr(didn't get to see enough of KC, but he was ahead of those guys and older players on depth chart before injury) which is amazing at any position in the trenches O or D. Not a waste b/c we needed them and they were better than some of the upper classmen.

Jenkins looked solid out there at NT for a True Fr, which was great to see. Not a waste b/c he was one of our better DTs out there.

Yearby looked great early on, and if he could add 10-15 lbs in the off season and maintain his speed(kinda like Duke this year[a tall order I know]) he could be special paired with hopefully Scarlett. Not a waste b/c we needed a solid back to help Duke out and Edwards is not a UM caliber RB.

Kaaya was definitely ready and our situation at QB was horrible.

He and our entire program definitely benefitted from him playing as a True Fr(was ACC rookie of the year).

Him having a great year as a True Fr should also help us in recruiting since incoming Fr will know that he will be leading us for at least 2 if not 3 of the years that they will be there. So def not a waste here.

This staff hates redshirting players.

Bet he plays next year.

Even if it is in garbage time or strictly special teams and wastes his redshirt before he is ready like so many on this roster(Gayot, Gray, Moten, Chad Thomas are just a few who obviously were not ready this year and wasted a redshirt) b/c Golden makes promises to all these kids to secure their commitment and then he wastes a crucial developmental year for these kids.

Of course all these kids think they are ready to start day one as a true freshman, when in reality very few of them can play at a high level as freshmen, and playing too early just hurts their chances of fully developing and getting a better shot at the NFL.

BTW I am a big fan of Perry's and think he is very underrated and could be a big time LB for us in a few years.

THIS.

Advertisement
Kirby, Owens, Grace, Mccord, Smith, Jackson, Young, etc.

You think that is good depth?

Most those guys aren't every down LBs. Smith, McCray, Jackson are all guys that could struggle in space and were primarily pass rusher in HS.

LB is one of the ugliest positions on paper heading into 2015

Advertisement
Back