Chances of this kid flipping?

Canesbball

Bran
We've been hearing this for so long now but nothing has ever happened. I think he sticks. People said the same things about Kirby.

AllbouttheU

King Dingaling
I hate sounding so damn insensitive but I hope with his knee problem a lot of schools have backed off. I think once he gets to college he can become a really good player.

#26-MEAST

Junior
We need DL in the worst way.

JHallCanes

Same old, same old
Might be optimistic but I think he would have done it by now. Historically, these STA kids haven't been too much drama.

pcitycane

Staff member
Might be optimistic but I think he would have done it by now. Historically, these STA kids haven't been too much drama.
True, but the kids been playing head games since the start. I hope he sticks.

Mangum

Junior

Yep.. Remember the QB last year from STA Rudock (sp?)? He had committed to Iowa early and when Golden came on he really tried to flip the kid to Miami, yet Rudock stayed with his original pledge. I think the coach really stressed to them that once they commit to a school, that they stick with it.

Earl Garcia (Hillsborough High, coach of Earl Moore, DT commit) says he's like that as well.

5Ringz

Thunderdome
I hate sounding so damn insensitive but I hope with his knee problem a lot of schools have backed off. I think once he gets to college he can become a really good player.
Me too. Hope that **** is mauled but heals all of a suddenly on signing day

TheSwagger1

Staff member
It would be really fitting that after losing out on Rudock because "STA kids don't flip", our STA commit this year would end up flipping.

I am not counting on him being in the class. Hope he is. He's got potential. I don't think he's an instant impact worldbeater either though.

Joecane

But daddy....
It would be really fitting that after losing out on Rudock because "STA kids don't flip", our STA commit this year would end up flipping.

I am not counting on him being in the class. Hope he is. He's got potential. I don't think he's an instant impact worldbeater either though.
+1 to everything

Spidercane

Sophomore
Remember Giovanni Bernard? STA guy. Committed to Notre Dame then switched his commitment to UNC.

Point? Everyone is different.

STA guys don't flip their commits as much as other kids from other high school's but it has happened before and will again.

George Smith is no longer walking the sidelines at STA, I'll bet dollars to doughnuts he was the biggest reason why STA kids would honor their commitments.

Until I hear otherwise I would say Jelani is far from a lock to sign with us in February.

Chicken_N_Roffles

ass squrrel *****
I remember he specifically said he wants to be a DE. But I'm not so sure he'll be able to stick there very long.

Remember Giovanni Bernard? STA guy. Committed to Notre Dame then switched his commitment to UNC.

Point? Everyone is different.

STA guys don't flip their commits as much as other kids from other high school's but it has happened before and will again.

George Smith is no longer walking the sidelines at STA, I'll bet dollars to doughnuts he was the biggest reason why STA kids would honor their commitments.

Until I hear otherwise I would say Jelani is far from a lock to sign with us in February.
Bernard flipped because Weis and his staff were fired.