CFB Ten Most Talented Teams on ESPN - The U at #8

Advertisement
Anytime I see Ryan Shazier's name mentioned, I cringe at the thought that he could very well be starting for us right now.

I think #8 is a little high for us.

I would put us in the top 15 though.

Advertisement
We have our weaknesses, but so does every other team in the country.

Its just up to Morris to take that next step and lead us because we are plenty capable.

A little too premature for that IMO but I do think we will be good this year.

sometimes it's better to take a good compliment and say thank you, than saying we're got good enough or don't deserve it.

I love being mentioned in this article, first time in a long time that we can be. That said I try to be objective as possible despite my homerism. We should have a good team but IMO still lack the top level upper class talent. That said we should be good this year.

Advertisement
Can you post Miami's portions of the report for the people that don't have an espn insider account?

I don't know if their evaluation is too terribly far off. We'll have:

- One of the best QBs in the nation (and probably the one with the strongest arm)
- One of the best running backs/return guys in the country in Duke Johnson
- One of the deepest if not THE deepest WR core in the country.
- One of the biggest and most badass OL's in the country.
- A couple of big weapons at TE in Warlord and Sandman
- I think DP will be talked about as one of the best LBs around anywhere if he can stay healthy (the LB core would be great with EJ still around)
- One of the best young safeties in the nation in Deon Bush
- A lot of other solid contributors

Plus, who knows, we brought in a great class last year. You never know who else will step up. I think we've got a lot to be excited about, if we can just piece everything together.

Anytime I see Ryan Shazier's name mentioned, I cringe at the thought that he could very well be starting for us right now.

his parents was all for him staying home(reason he committed to florida) miami jus got in the mix too late especially for a EE

- One of the best QBs in the nation (and probably the one with the strongest arm)
- I think DP will be talked about as one of the best LBs around anywhere if he can stay healthy (the LB core would be great with EJ still around)

Plus, who knows, we brought in a great class last year. You never know who else will step up. I think we've got a lot to be excited about, if we can just piece everything together.

and we somehow have the worst D in the Nation ... returning the majority of the worst D this University has ever seen isn't a positive.

Advertisement

and we somehow have the worst D in the Nation ... returning the majority of the worst D this University has ever seen isn't a positive.

A lot of those were freshman...i see where your coming from though because obviously some guys IMO simply don't have the talent to be in this team (Shayon green, highsmith etc.) and probably (i say probably but you never know) won't be getting but when you look at young guys like tyriq McCord, deon bush, gunter, Tracy, rayshawn Jenkins, jelani Hamilton, Antonio Crawford, Ralph Kirby etc. plus a couple guys like fig and bond who look like they can contribute immediately coming back you get excited, plus a healthy porter for once and an Olsen Pierre who's developed quite nicely you have to think that those guys at least will be much improved

I scanned the headline.

Assumed it meant "Of All Time".

39.gif

It may not seem positive, but what is positive, is that many of the players on D were True FROSH. They have game experience now. As long as they are still mentally strong they should improve quite a bit. Chick is strong on the line and hopefully Porter will stay healthy. They main thing is keeping Morris and Duke healthy.

Advertisement

his parents was all for him staying home(reason he committed to florida) miami jus got in the mix too late especially for a EE

Why did he flip to OSU?

Advertisement
Back